• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Cruise control issue

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Winnipeg
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Ok, problem has been solved. Genesis replaced the Smart / Adaptive Cruise computer. I drove a few hours yesterday with SCC enabled and no issues.

Got the usual royal treatment from Genesis..

Speaking of that, they gave me a G80 to drive for the day. I was surprised how different it was from the G70. Ride was so so quiet and the power delivery more like a high end luxury car. Not my taste but I can see why people would buy it for sure.

Jan54

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I have had the same thing happen with my g70. Driving with cruise on and it suddenly brakes and then resumes immediately. They recalibrated it Friday and yesterday started doing the same thing again. Did it four times in a short distance. I am assuming they will order the new computer when I contact them tomorrow. This is the third time I have had the car in since I got it a few weeks ago. It is great that they come and pick it up and give me a loaner BUT 80k return trip to dealership. Perhaps they should be filling my gas tank??

nsyedhasan

Registered Member
Toronto
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I have had the same thing happen with my g70. Driving with cruise on and it suddenly brakes and then resumes immediately. They recalibrated it Friday and yesterday started doing the same thing again. Did it four times in a short distance. I am assuming they will order the new computer when I contact them tomorrow. This is the third time I have had the car in since I got it a few weeks ago. It is great that they come and pick it up and give me a loaner BUT 80k return trip to dealership. Perhaps they should be filling my gas tank??
That sucks to hear. Has your car only been returned with whatever you gas you put in?

Jan54

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
That sucks to hear. Has your car only been returned with whatever you gas you put in?
Yes same amount of gas I put in it, mind you I am driving a g80 on their gas but not putting on that kind of mileage. They wash it too so I have not had to do that. They are coming Wednesday to get it again. I told them what I have been reading in this forum and suggested they just order a new computer before I come in. Hoping this will be the end of it. When I drove it this morning it cut out on me constantly on the way there, just gave up using the cruise control, but on the way home it worked perfectly. Grrrr

nsyedhasan

Registered Member
Toronto
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yes same amount of gas I put in it, mind you I am driving a g80 on their gas but not putting on that kind of mileage. They wash it too so I have not had to do that. They are coming Wednesday to get it again. I told them what I have been reading in this forum and suggested they just order a new computer before I come in. Hoping this will be the end of it. When I drove it this morning it cut out on me constantly on the way there, just gave up using the cruise control, but on the way home it worked perfectly. Grrrr
Well at least you don't have to pay for the gas in the loaner. What spec G80 is it? Hopefully they can get it sorted so you can have your own car back

Jan54

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
You can still use cruise, just not adaptive cruise. Engage cruise and then hold down the distance button for 3 seconds.
I tried that and it doesn't seem work. They have my car now and the new computer is stuck in Toronto because of bad weather. I have the g80 Luxury to drive in the meantime.

nsyedhasan

Registered Member
Toronto
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I tried that and it doesn't seem work. They have my car now and the new computer is stuck in Toronto because of bad weather. I have the g80 Luxury to drive in the meantime.
Fingers crossed it can get to you soon

Jan54

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
New computer is in and seems to be good now, so far! I also figured out how to change from ACC to regular, thanks SlipAngle. If you are already in ACC you have to turn the cruise completely off and then on again and then hold the distance button. I was pressing it while in SCC so it did not work. BTW Found this car so much better on winter roads then my TLX. Winter tires are a necessity. G80 they gave me did not have them, what a difference.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
New computer is in and seems to be good now, so far! I also figured out how to change from ACC to regular, thanks SlipAngle. If you are already in ACC you have to turn the cruise completely off and then on again and then hold the distance button. I was pressing it while in SCC so it did not work. BTW Found this car so much better on winter roads then my TLX. Winter tires are a necessity. G80 they gave me did not have them, what a difference.
Did your TLX have SH-AWD?