dead battery multiple times

Jet

Registered Member
Austin TX
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
So none of these seem to be the issue it’s very intermittent one day it’s fine the next it’s not completely dead but not enough to start it. I jump pack it and it seems fine for a bit then all of a sudden not enough juice to start. So I jump it again with my jump pack and I just keep having to wait and see if it will start on it’s own. I stopped by AZone and had them test the battery came back good. The car runs with all the light on etc. so I’ve decided it must not be the alternator... any input would be most helpful. Unless the battery is truly bad?!?

homeofstone

Registered Member
Athens, Georgia, USA
So none of these seem to be the issue it’s very intermittent one day it’s fine the next it’s not completely dead but not enough to start it. I jump pack it and it seems fine for a bit then all of a sudden not enough juice to start. So I jump it again with my jump pack and I just keep having to wait and see if it will start on it’s own. I stopped by AZone and had them test the battery came back good. The car runs with all the light on etc. so I’ve decided it must not be the alternator... any input would be most helpful. Unless the battery is truly bad?!?
Autozone can test the charging system too. Did you have that done when battery was checked? Did you check the connection of neg. battery cable to the floor of the trunk?, not the connection at battery but the connecton on the floor.

Aminfla

Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Just got back from a 4 day trip to find the battery completely dead at the airport. Got a jump and checked the forum when I got home. Lo and behold no bumper for the switch on my car. Quick trip to the dealer this morning got it replaced under warranty and a comp car wash too!

Here's what it looks like when properly installed:

no picture........

Jet

Registered Member
Austin TX
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Autozone can test the charging system too. Did you have that done when battery was checked? Did you check the connection of neg. battery cable to the floor of the trunk?, not the connection at battery but the connecton on the floor.
So went back to AZ they tested battery again initially everything was good tested alternator 14.5 perfect then retested battery the CCA went down to half 344 out of 760.
So does that automatically mean a bad battery?
Thanks Guys!!

And if so what do you guys recommend for a replacement battery?

Last edited:
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.