Status
Not open for further replies.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
You all do realize this guys hasn't posted here in over 4 years?
That's because the service waiting area does not have Wi-Fi. He's been living there on the free coffee and vending machine for the four years while waiting for his car to be fixed.

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
But the really sad thing is that, four years later, some of us are still experiencing very sub-par service after the sale. Sadly, this post is still relevant. While I love by '18 G80, I have been totally underwhelmed by the service at what is still a Hyundai dealer.
And for the record, I do expect at least half-way decent customer service, regardless of the car badge. I made a video of my issue and the dealer refused to even look at it because it wasn't happening when I called. While I understand that, they have video proof of the issue and still would not look. A call to Genesis corporate changed their tune.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
But the really sad thing is that, four years later, some of us are still experiencing very sub-par service after the sale. Sadly, this post is still relevant. While I love by '18 G80, I have been totally underwhelmed by the service at what is still a Hyundai dealer.
Any other dealers near you? Like every other brand, dealer experience is all over, good and bad. I have four dealers in a reasonable are and two are excellent, two I would not do any business with.

You would think a luxury brand would be better than average but that is not always the case either. I won't set foot in the MB dealer closest to me after service issues with them.

Genesis is still in a state of flux with dealer. Just a guess, it will be a year or so to get them up to performance standards near what would be expected. The year starting when all dealers are signed up and agreed to that should be done soon.

PMCErnie

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
And for the record, I do expect at least half-way decent customer service, regardless of the car badge. I made a video of my issue and the dealer refused to even look at it because it wasn't happening when I called. While I understand that, they have video proof of the issue and still would not look. A call to Genesis corporate changed their tune.
So, what was your critical issue that you failed to share with us and gain our sympathy?

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Not looking for sympathy, just reporting an issue I had.
My main concern (with a car with less than 6K in milage) was the reluctance of the dealer to even acknowledge or investigate the issue, despite a 2 minute video showing exactly what the issue was/is.
In case you are truly interested, had an AC issue on a 7 hour drive in 90 degree weather where the A/C system engaged and, even at the lowest temp setting on auto or manually turned to the highest fan setting, (and with all but two front vents closed off) I got enough air out of the open vents to barely make a napkin flutter. I could hear the blower blasting a lot of air (which made it more frustrating) somewhere into the interior of my dash (probably into the engine compartment and kept that nice and cool for the trip). It either froze up in 85 degree weather or there is a defective flap or some other electronic gizmo that did not operate properly. They should be able to figure it out but refused to even look at it until a call to Genesis corporate. They've had it for two days....I'll find out tomorrow what they found, but expect them to tell me it's working fine now and nothing to fix./

Spanky61

Been here awhile...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
We've had great service from our dealer and you're one person among many, so what bad service are you complaining of?

Empathy maybe but no sympathy. I don't feel anything like this in general. Who is some? You're speaking for yourself and no one else. I do find it rather boring that you've been here for two posts and both are complaints. No introduction just complaints.

To be more precise, I'm in agreement with PMCErnie above.

And as they say; Trolls got to Troll!:spam::thankyouspin:

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Spamky61...posted it 3 HOURS ago....right above your post, but apparently with only 2 posts, you may have missed it. And for the record, I am speaking for myself in a forum that I thought might be of some help in determining the issue or if any one else has had the issue. Apparently some folks are more interested in wording and assumptions. Whether I have 2 posts or 2000 should not matter. Hi. I'm Wayne.

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Oh yea...there is actually only one complaint...just posted some responses and follow-up. If you're counting responses, I'm probably up to 4-6 complaints. ;)

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
And lastly (since i just re-read Spankys post), he apparently has no clue as to what trolling actually is as it is EXACTLY what he is doing...making wilid accusation with little or no knowledge of the issue (and too lazy to read what it was posted hours before his post), AND offering zero input on the issue being discussed. Check your mirror for trolls.

Spanky61

Been here awhile...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
You're trolling, it's just the way it is. You came here to voice your disgust with Genesis Service and made it very apparent, hoping someone would hold your hand an make it all better.

Then you stated;

"But the really sad thing is that, four years later, (some of us) are still experiencing very sub-par service after the sale."

(Some of us) who's that, cause it isn't you personally. Some of us is; defined as plural, not singular, Wayne. You're so over wrought, you don't even understand what your typing.

Who cares about your AC problem. You're not here to solve it or ask questions regarding a solution. You're here just to vent and complain. If you have a valid concern, then voice it with some tact and self-control. Most people come here to share their experiences in a tactful way, without all the drama.

Take a second, breath and cool off. Six total posts, all have been negative. I don't care if you got 6 or 6000 posts, your not worse off or better than anyone else. Post the dang video for everyone to see, instead of ranting about it for two posts.

Here's another;

"but expect them to tell me it's working fine now and nothing to fix."

Really, you're a fortune teller now also? Talk about a self full-filling prophecy. Man I'm sure glad, I'm not you service rep. Whew!!

Oh and just you understand the meaning of TROLLING, read! Urban Dictionary: Trolling . This is you all the way.

Last edited:
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Thanks for the English lessons...."some of us" refers to the many people on this and other forums that still complain about poor service from Hyundai/Genesis. Sorry your English comphrehension skills are so poor.

And I certainly don't need your or your poorly phrased "opinion" as to why I posted on this or any other forum. This may astound you, but I have every right to come on to any PUBLIC board and post as I please. I already said I loved the car, just not the service.

Maybe you are the one who needs to read your own posts. Let me make it simple for you. And I'm going to quote you! Your last post " I don't care if you got 6 or 6000 posts" but yet, in a post from yesterday ". I do find it rather boring that you've been here for two posts and both are complaints" So apparently you do care how many posts I have! Can't have it both ways.
One thing we agree on...I'm glad you are not my service rep either!

Spanky61

Been here awhile...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
You're most certainly welcome!

Some people have nothing better to do then complain. It's all you Wayne. I find you personal boring actually but then that's me. Of course now, instead of venting your personal frustration with Genesis Service. You're venting your personal frustration on someone else and that's me but please don't stop on my account. If it wasn't me it would be someone else. Sounds like you're just an angry person all the way around Wayne.

So No actually, I don't agree with you on anything you've said up to this point. So you're fortune teller experiences are a bit lacking. Maybe you might need to rethink your position altogether.

Really but Wayne you just said you were speaking for yourself. How could you possibly be speaking for anyone else? And I quote;

"And for the record, I am speaking for myself in a forum that I thought might be of some help in determining the issue or if any one else has had the issue" Post # 29 by you!

So which is it Wayne, are you speaking for yourself again or someone else.

"some of us" refers to the many people on this and other forums that still complain about poor service from Hyundai/Genesis.
I don't care if you have every right to come on this forum."

So you are speaking for the many now, instead of the one, is that right? How presumptive of you!:whistling:

In fact, I venture to say there aren't many that care if I'm here either. In fact, I don't really care one way or another. The fact is; you've still not posted this video you say you have and it's an easy thing to do. So instead of ranting about how unfair Genesis Service has been to you personally, just post the video. Or is that to hard?
Like I said, I don't care about the number of posts you have, it hasn't got a dog in this race. But this is the 7th negative post you've made.:thankyouspin:

Happy Days this is gettin a bit comical now Wayne. You can't even remember what you said several posts ago.:roflmao:

Last edited:
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
He must have no life to pay so much attention to something he has nothing to do with. Just sad. I’m not even wasting time to read the last rant.

Spanky61

Been here awhile...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Now ladies, time to stop, you're both pretty, so let's move on.
Love you too Alfer!:druff:

Wayne by-the-way, you made it everyones business when you posted it here. So learn to take the yin with the yang. Actually, I do have a life or I couldn't respond and it's focused around you at the moment buddy. :friends:
I'm sorry you're sad, can I hold your hand and make you feel better? Maybe you need a little time out!:wacky:

Last edited:

Genesis Motors

Genesis Motors Forum
Staff member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
They should be able to figure it out but refused to even look at it until a call to Genesis corporate. They've had it for two days....I'll find out tomorrow what they found, but expect them to tell me it's working fine now and nothing to fix./
Why did they refuse to look at it?

We've had great service from our dealer and you're one person among many, so what bad service are you complaining of?

Empathy maybe but no sympathy. I don't feel anything like this in general. Who is some? You're speaking for yourself and no one else. I do find it rather boring that you've been here for two posts and both are complaints. No introduction just complaints.

To be more precise, I'm in agreement with PMCErnie above.

And as they say; Trolls got to Troll!:spam::thankyouspin:
Wayne's post is not an example of trolling. He's complaining. Many people come here to complain. Many people also get good advice on how to deal with those complaints. If it weren't for people searching for solutions to their Genesis problems - this would be an empty community - because hardly anyone researches why their car is running properly.

Since you're actually asking what he's complaining about - read the message I quoted at the top of this response...

You came here to voice your disgust with Genesis Service.
There's nothing wrong with coming here to voice disgust with Genesis customer service. Your responses are not how we welcome new members with issues. Perhaps you could start genesisownersforonlypeoplewhoarehappywithgenesis.com

I find you personal boring
That's wonderful. You should have ignored him.

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Thank you Geneis Admn for finally stepping in with a response.

Before my responses were hijacked by stupidity, I was simply pointing out that I had an issue, (sub-par LOCAL service), and wondering if anyone else had had the same issue. In no way was I bashing Genesis...I LOVE my car. These are just issues that need to be resolved as you roll out a new, separate brand. I was astounded as you were/are that the local dealer would not even look at the car or video of the issue. Their response was, as stated above, that is was working the next day, so way they could diagnose the issue. That was basically their position.
I'm happy to report that after sending the video to both Genesis corportate and finally the local dealer, they agreed to at least look at the car, which is all I wanted in the first place. While I still need to speak with them about their conclusion, I am satisfied that they at least took time to check it out. So I'm good for now and thank you for the above responses.
As for trolling, that guy doesn't have a clue! I can't believe the amount of time he wasted on an issue he had nothing to do with. Truly pathetic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.