February 2019 sales

bjjones

Registered Member
What is false? Are the numbers wrong? Prove the numbers wrong and I'll agree with you, otherwise, it is just your bitterness.
I've already substantiated my point & your personal perception of the matter isn't my concern.

You conveyed nothing but a worthless opinion.
The only thing that's "worthless" are your hollow comments.

otherwise, it is just your bitterness.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I know it is hard guys, especially for me ;) , but let's just ignore him. He obviously is trolling, trying to get a rise out of folks and is not interested in having a serious conversation. Continuing to go back and forth with him will only bring us, and this forum, down to his level. :cheers:

zskyez

Havent seen any g70 in my arwa. Which makes my g70 unique for a while.

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
Keep spinning those abysmal monthly Genesis sales numbers YEH. :LOL:
Only person spinning here (while throw snide comments, if not insults, while at it) has been you (a known troll).

Everything I've stated is based on facts.

So Genesis sales haven't been growing as more dealerships come online and get inventory?

You don't think sales will continue to grow as the dealer network continues to get fleshed out; followed by the launch of the GV80 and new G80?

We'll see soon enough.

As a veteran member of this forum, I'm quite surprised that you're not aware of YEH's shtick of distorting any negative information on the Genesis brand in order to make it appear more optimistic than it truly is. :)
Funny, I seem to recall posting(numerous times) how Genesis USA really screwed the pooch in the dealer separation/roll-out, not to mention, not really liking the design of any of the current Genesis sedans, or for that matter, the Equus or the interior/dash of the Genesis.

Actually got push-back when stated that all the touch-points (door release, paddle shifters) should be aluminum and not metal-painted plastic.

Also stated that it was a mistake not giving the G70 an extra inch or 2 of legroom.

In terms of optimism w/ regard to sales, always been realistic.

The Genesis sedan, for much of its tenure, was the 3rd best seller, so perfectly reasonable to think the next G80 will re-attain that position, or at the very least, alternate w/ the A6 (always stated that not going to touch MB or BMW).

Don't think 3rd place is attainable for the G70, however, but 4th or 5th is reasonable.

So where exactly is the optimism?

Last edited:

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
Definitions for dolts.

imply
[im-plahy]
verb (used with object), im·plied, im·ply·ing.
  1. to indicate or suggest without being explicitly stated: His words implied a lack of faith.
  2. (of words) to signify or mean.
The thing is, you sure like to project your own characteristics onto others.

Sorry, but I deal in FACTS, not presumptions. Therefore, I'll leave all the conjecture and what if's to simpletons like yourself.
Have yet to see you proffer any such facts.

I'm quite aware of why Genesis vehicle sales are faltering (which I stated would happen many years ago on this very forum) & it's due to Hyundai's failed product planning & lackluster marketing efforts, along with trying to fast track a luxury brand on the cheap with no exclusive standalone Genesis dealerships.
Yeah, having stopped shipments in March of 2018 and with-holding delivery of 2019MY had absolutely nothing to do w/ it /s/.

So praytell what's the reason behind the sales growth for Genesis the past 3 months?

Nov. - 417
Dec. - 614
Jan. - 1,224
Feb. - 1,528

Why don't we bet whether Genesis will continue to see month-on-month sales increase for March?

Last edited:

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I've been in PA since Saturday and haven't seen a single one either. Only an older Equus in Philly!

RCH04

Registered Member
Illinois
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Wow. Who would have thought normally boring sales numbers would generate such passion and animosity. Enjoyable reading though but hopefully will run out of steam soon.

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I've been in PA since Saturday and haven't seen a single one either. Only an older Equus in Philly!
I'm sure I missed some but I have only ever seen two Genesis cars on the road. Once was when I was back in PA visiting my family and I was coming out of Home Depot with my Dad and one drove past us and the other was last summer driving back from, we passed one around Indianapolis.

I would think once the model lineup is flushed out and the dealer situation they will become much more prevelant.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Twolf

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
The mid cycle refresh of the G90 is as bad as the one of the Genesis coupe a few years back. They stole the grill from Acura, tail lights and fender vents from Lincoln, headlights from Volvo, and who knows where those wheels came from. Where is the styling restraint from the Bentley guys now with Genesis. Get your 19s now, cuz the 20s are hideous.
Oh, I left out the copycat G70 hood and eyesore seam between the rear bumper and quarter panel at an awkward angle fit for an Elantra or Accent, but unacceptable on a G90. TWOLF

Spirit67

Oh my, now my feelings are hurt.
So sad, too bad!

You've made no point at all, aside that you don't like YEH.
Wrong again Mr. Guidance counselor. I don't dislike YEH, as I don't know him on a personal level.

What I have an issue with however, is YEH's endless championing of Hyundai/Genesis when it isn't warranted.

Show the spin on the numbers. You can't. Show me the numbers! Show me the spin.
Your lack of comprehension isn't my concern.

There is no point but your worthless opinion.
The only that's "worthless" is your continuous babbling. :D

Only then will you have credibility for your accusation.
Making the same redundant comments incessantly STILL doesn't make your flawed point of view correct. It only makes you an insufferable pest.

Twolf

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
So sad, too bad!

Wrong again Mr. Guidance counselor. I don't dislike YEH, as I don't know him on a personal level.

What I have an issue with however, is YEH's endless championing of Hyundai/Genesis when it isn't warranted.

Your lack of comprehension isn't my concern.

The only that's "worthless" is your continuous babbling. :D

Making the same redundant comments incessantly STILL doesn't make your flawed point of view correct. It only makes you an insufferable pest.
Imagine the improvements Genesis would have had to make by now if we directed all this bickering towards their QC and CS staff instead of towards each other. Surveys are there for a reason, vent that way. Just a thought on being more productive with our impressions and experiences with these cars.

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
The mid cycle refresh of the G90 is as bad as the one of the Genesis coupe a few years back. They stole the grill from Acura, tail lights and fender vents from Lincoln, headlights from Volvo, and who knows where those wheels came from. Where is the styling restraint from the Bentley guys now with Genesis. Get your 19s now, cuz the 20s are hideous.
No one is going to mistake this...

for this...

And Acura is hardly the only auto-maker to have used a pentagonal-shaped grille - Mazda and Cadillac being among the others (the latest Mazda grille actually looking a bit like Hyundai's by being more hexagonal in shape).

Speaking of the hexagonal-grille shape, Hyundai was doing that before Audi and a whole bunch of other automakers who have been using that shape.

Uhh, fender vents have been used by numerous automakers.

Why not say an Aston or Alfa vent? Or a Buick or Pontiac vent? Or a Land Rover or BMW vent?

Also, it's not like Lincoln came up w/ the thin, horizontal taillight element.

Hyundai used it on the iFlow concept in 2010, several years before the MKZ went into production.

Furthermore, the taillights of the Conti are very similar in shape to that of the Azera.

Gee, that must mean Lincoln copied Hyundai and not Bentley!

Speaking of which, only 2 times has an automaker been called out another publicly by another for copying - Mercedes (calling out Toyota/Lexus for the LS430) and Bentley (calling out Lincoln for the Conti).

Both Bentley designers at the time (Donckerwolke and Lee) are now working at Genesis/Hyundai.

Last edited:

Twolf

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No one is going to mistake this...

for this...

And Acura is hardly the only auto-maker to have used a pentagonal-shaped grille - Mazda and Cadillac being among the others (the latest Mazda grille actually looking a bit like Hyundai's by being more hexagonal in shape).

Speaking of the hexagonal-grille shape, Hyundai was doing that before Audi and a whole bunch of other automakers who have been using that shape.

Uhh, fender vents have been used by numerous automakers.

Why not say an Aston or Alfa vent? Or a Buick or Pontiac vent? Or a Land Rover or BMW vent?

Also, it's not like Lincoln came up w/ the thin, horizontal taillight element.

Hyundai used it on the iFlow concept in 2010, several years before the MKZ went into production.

Furthermore, the taillights of the Conti are very similar in shape to that of the Azera.

Gee, that must mean Lincoln copied Hyundai and not Bentley!

Speaking of which, only 2 times has an automaker been called out another publicly by another for copying - Mercedes (calling out Toyota/Lexus for the LS430) and Bentley (calling out Lincoln for the Conti).

Both Bentley designers at the time (Donckerwolke and Lee) are now working at Genesis/Hyundai.
You proved my point, Genesis copycatted others with this refresh, you even included a picture of the Elantra.Take a few minutes to look at a Bentley Mulsanne (standard setting, no copycatting) and see if you find all of that gimickry styling on it in order to get attention (even its fender vent is way more controlled). Check youtube videos on the design of the car and why each line is what it is. Simplicity is the greatest form of elegance, the current G90 follows that (cohesive design front to back). I know there are ex Bentley employees at Hyundai, that is why I am shocked at the 2020 G90 styling. No one mistakes the front end of Lexus cars either, but it is not because they are good looking. And all of the cars you quote were designed with those elements, not refreshed with them while keeping the same overall body design (akin to excessive plastic surgery). Like I said at the beginning of my post - Genesis coupe refresh a few years back made the car look worse.
By contrast, creative styling on coupes is good (Lexus LC500, Ferrari 488, Lamborghini Aventador, and yes, the Bentley GT and new Astons).
Enjoy your 2020, I will continue looking for a 19 or wait for a full redesign that flows better. Genesis should aim higher with their flagship sedan, just my opinion.

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
^ You keep mentioning that 2020 is a refresh but everything I have read says it is a redesign so wouldn't that be a new generation? I have not been following the G90 closely so could be misunderstanding what is being done.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.