Vancouver, BC
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

danygenesis

Registered Member
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yeah, it really isn't bad at all. Also, it's on the bumper so there is no worry of any rust... Still haven't heard back from the dealer.
My wife's Kona has a small chip on the front bumper just like yours. I just polished a little bit to make the surface smoother. Now I see it like a birthmark that makes her car "unique"

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
well i finally had the paint-less dent removal guy come by to remove the two dents from my rear diver side door. happy with the outcome, about 94% improved. he said there is a impact brace about 8" down from the glass which restricted access a bit, so one dent has a slight wave to it. only i will ever notice.

now i can move on to my habitual spring full detail! looking forward to a proper interior/exterior thrashing. haven't done much yet except for sealant/waxes, didn't even condition the seats yet.

one new blemish is i took a tiny chip from the underside of the trunk ledge while i was trying to forcefully swing it closed with my left hand. my watch caught on the bottom lip, and of course this took out a small paint chip. not visible unless the trunk is open, but this is a bad spot for corrosion so i'll have to sort that out. i'll get a paint pen to at least protect the bare metal. this is one annoyance of our trunk. i try to grab the interior handle and swing quite hard to close the trunk without having to press down on the trunk lid. this time i screwed it up...

Piz

Registered Member
Connecticut
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Before and after pics of the dent removal?

Sucks about your trunk! Good warning, to avoid this I will be more aware to not use excessive force. To close the trunk I do a karate chop motion from the top.

50jae

Registered Member
PA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Same here, I gave up trying to close the trunk with one motion. I use my fingers to push down and seal the deal after the initial pull with the inner handle.

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
the first couple pics sort of show the dents and scuffs. rear driver side door, ~8" below window and the dents ~6" apart. i used a compound to remove the paint residue from the other car. that's what the dullness is. the last four pics show the 'after'.

i also detailed the car last weekend which removed the dull spots from the compound.

Attachments

Ernie3647

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Middletown NY

Sucks about your trunk! Good warning, to avoid this I will be more aware to not use excessive force. To close the trunk I do a karate chop motion from the top.

As much as I like this car, I do miss certain features my 2015 Genesis Ultimate had like fully powered trunk (a biggie), compass in the rearview mirror, rear side curtains and rear window sun shade but what I lost was more than made up by the sheer exhilaration of driving the car. Win some loose some.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.