• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

First valet service

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

TinsleyC

Registered Member
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
That's kinda sad there, Prospective. Just bought my new G80 last week in Dallas, and I'm used to the "Sewell experience" of Dallas where they do treat customers very well - free loaners, reliable service, and great follow-up.

I'm going to press it when my first service time comes - I'll use the Connected Services button and fully expect them to do their thing. They can't go around selling this service and then not deliver on it. I'll go camp at my salesman's door until he offers answers. I sure hope it's not the same experience you've had, I'd be pissed, too!

Prospective G80 Owner

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Truer words were never spoken. I think that the only thing I would add is that Genesis Connect (or whatever that POS "service" is called isn't much better. I'd get better results from dealing with a bunch of chimpanzees with headsets on than I have from dealing with Genesis personnel.

I've had my 2019 G80 3.3T for a little over a year now and haven't ben able to get them to do a damn thing. On several occasions, I've contacted them to set up service appointments for me. Each time, I've been placed on hold and then told that the local dealer never answered their phone. I've then been assigned a case number and informed that they will continue to reach out to the local dealer and then call me back when an appointment has been scheduled. Needless to say, I've never - - -NEVER - - - received the promised phone call(s). The only way that I've ever been able to schedule a service appointment was to contact the local dealer myself.

And forget about the vaunted valet service. Each time I've asked, I've been told that such service either isn't available, no cars are available, or that the soonest appointment for a valet pickup would be 3-4 weeks. However, there was no problem simply driving in myself the same day and waiting for the service to be performed.

Even though I'm not unhappy with the vehicle itself (aside from a couple of minor problems), they've managed to piss me off to such an extent that I don't think I'll be buying another Genesis product in the foreseeable future. The previous four automobiles I purchased before the G80 were two Jaguar XJLs, an MB SL500, and a Maserati Coupe 4200. Depending on my car needs in the next couple of years, I'll probably end up back with Jaguar.
Why not cut out the middleman and just call the dealer directly? I've dealt with 3 different dealers over the past 5 years and made an appointment every time with one call. Last car was before valet service but this one it has been offered before asking. I know there are some crappy dealers but you can eliminate one section easily.
Why not quote my entire post rather than intentionally leaving out the part where I said that THE ONLY WAY THAT I'VE EVER BEEN ABLE TO SCHEDULE A SERVICE APPOINTMENT WAS TO CONTACT THE LOCAL DEALER MYSELF.

Not only that, but I went on to add that each time I attempted to schedule valet service DIRECTLY WITH THE LOCAL DEALER, I was told that the service wasn't available.

I realize that you're the board's resident Genesis cheerleader, but deceptively editing posts isn't the best way to wave your pom poms.

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Truer words were never spoken. I think that the only thing I would add is that Genesis Connect (or whatever that POS "service" is called isn't much better. I'd get better results from dealing with a bunch of chimpanzees with headsets on than I have from dealing with Genesis personnel.

I've had my 2019 G80 3.3T for a little over a year now and haven't ben able to get them to do a damn thing. On several occasions, I've contacted them to set up service appointments for me. Each time, I've been placed on hold and then told that the local dealer never answered their phone. I've then been assigned a case number and informed that they will continue to reach out to the local dealer and then call me back when an appointment has been scheduled. Needless to say, I've never - - -NEVER - - - received the promised phone call(s). The only way that I've ever been able to schedule a service appointment was to contact the local dealer myself.

And forget about the vaunted valet service. Each time I've asked, I've been told that such service either isn't available, no cars are available, or that the soonest appointment for a valet pickup would be 3-4 weeks. However, there was no problem simply driving in myself the same day and waiting for the service to be performed.

Even though I'm not unhappy with the vehicle itself (aside from a couple of minor problems), they've managed to piss me off to such an extent that I don't think I'll be buying another Genesis product in the foreseeable future. The previous four automobiles I purchased before the G80 were two Jaguar XJLs, an MB SL500, and a Maserati Coupe 4200. Depending on my car needs in the next couple of years, I'll probably end up back with Jaguar.
I'm with ya. Same experience and feelings here. I want rid of this car asap because of the ownership experience but I'd take a huge hit, so I'm stuck for a while.

I've made 4 claims with Genesis corporate about ridiculous dealership experiences, but nothing ever happened. For a supposed luxury brand, theres nothing luxurious about the ownership experience.

clark1566

Registered Member
Savannah, Ga.
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The ownership experience seems to vary greatly from dealership to dealership. There are a lot of us on here who have fantastic dealerships and the ownership experience is outstanding. We just aren't as vocal. I hope Genesis Corporate does something to make things more uniform from dealership to dealership.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just to reinforce what @EdP and @clark1566 are saying - the dealership I bought my car from (Troy, Michigan) were AMAZING. Stellar customer service. My local dealer (in Vancouver, Washington) on the other hand, are straight up a complete disappointment to the brand.

Some dealers are really good, some dealers are absolute scumbags. Genesis had the right idea to begin with - standalone dealers. It's too bad the US dealership corporation has such a strong influence on congress to where GMA couldn't do what they initially planned to do. But alas, such it is with our self-serving government.

Andy111

Registered Member
Whitby Ontario Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Ok, so my first service is coming up on my 2019 G70 which I bought used in June. I have had some concerns on my eligibility for free maintenance and valet service after reading a few comments on the forum inferring it was not a transferable service so I contacted both Connected Services and Genesis Canada.
Today I received an email from my local “Genesis Experience Manager” who confirmed that, yes, the free maintenance and valet service does transfer to me (for the remainder of time left on the 5 year term which began from the date of first owner’s purchase). The Valet service is limited to a dealer within 50 Kms but fortunately I am well within this area. So happy to be eligible - next is the actual service experience which I’m hoping is better here in Canada than many have reported elsewhere.
I’ll update on this once I’ve actually had the service performed.
BTW, I am loving the car so far.

Cassman34

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Kinda wish this was there to read before I bought my G80 .. two weeks ago...
Seriously, I wouldn't worry about it until you have a problem. Remember that we are the enthusiasts and come here to vent about our problems. Simple example is today I looked at the stickied threads and noticed that the "Things you love about your G70" thread had 153 replies and the "Things you don't like..." had 1k replies. People don't usually comment about the good things and usually comment about only the bad. Don't let that mess with your head. Odds are you will enjoy your new G80, so until you don't, just enjoy it.

TinsleyC

Registered Member
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
You're right Cassman, it's all good. I do love the car... and Huffines Genesis is supposed to be a good one, let's hope so.

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Seriously, I wouldn't worry about it until you have a problem. Remember that we are the enthusiasts and come here to vent about our problems. Simple example is today I looked at the stickied threads and noticed that the "Things you love about your G70" thread had 153 replies and the "Things you don't like..." had 1k replies. People don't usually comment about the good things and usually comment about only the bad. Don't let that mess with your head. Odds are you will enjoy your new G80, so until you don't, just enjoy it.
To be fair, I think that's largely because the "Things you don't like..." thread has a bunch of back and forth discussion and advice, whereas the other is largely consistent of "I like ___," "hey me too! ___ too!", and "I got complimented on ____." Aka not really a discussion as much as people echoing statements.

Regardless, you are correct. The complaints are generally louder/better voiced

Andy111

Registered Member
Whitby Ontario Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Further to my soon due first Valet/Service:
Question to my Canadian forum users - is there a way to book a service appt/valet service by the Connected Services app? (We don’t have Intelligent Assistant available in Cdn App Store.) I’ll be phoning them soon but just wondering if app had a way to do this? Thanks.

TinsleyC

Registered Member
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Andy, yes there is. Actually, my salesman recommended I use the left button on the rear view mirror to schedule my service. Apparently you can press that and speak to the schedulers to set up your appointment. I haven't pressed it yet.

Last edited:

Andy111

Registered Member
Whitby Ontario Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Andy, yes there is. Actually, my salesman recommended I use the left button on the rear view mirror to schedule my service. Apparently you can press that and speak to they schedulers to set up your appointment. I haven't pressed it yet.
Thanks - has anyone done it this way?

TinsleyC

Registered Member
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Thanks - has anyone done it this way?
I came close, my drained my battery the night I bought the car, playing with the radio controls in the driveway. Decided to jump it myself, instead.

You can also call Connected Services via the Genesis app -

- press the horizontal bars in your left corner
- choose Support
- choose Call Genesis Connected Services

Andy111

Registered Member
Whitby Ontario Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I came close, my drained my battery the night I bought the car, playing with the radio controls in the driveway. Decided to jump it myself, instead.

You can also call Connected Services via the Genesis app -

- press the horizontal bars in your left corner
- choose Support
- choose Call Genesis Connected Services
Thanks TinsleyC- found it. Thought this was more for urgent or emergencies rather than normal servicing. Options include Call or email. Probably will use old school way and pick up phone. 😁
In your case you must have figured out the jump start terminals which are a little different in this car.

TinsleyC

Registered Member
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Thanks TinsleyC- found it. Thought this was more for urgent or emergencies rather than normal servicing. Options include Call or email. Probably will use old school way and pick up phone. 😁
In your case you must have figured out the jump start terminals which are a little different in this car.
Yes it felt odd jumping a new car with under 100 miles on the odometer! I almost tried to jump it off the battery terminals, but then read about the service port under the hood. Never did find a good clamp spot for the negative, but found a bolt and used it, it worked. If anyone has a tip on that, I'm all ears.

Thanks, and let us know how your service experience goes...

danygenesis

Genesis owner
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yes it felt odd jumping a new car with under 100 miles on the odometer! I almost tried to jump it off the battery terminals, but then read about the service port under the hood. Never did find a good clamp spot for the negative, but found a bolt and used it, it worked. If anyone has a tip on that, I'm all ears.

Thanks, and let us know how your service experience goes...
I was planning to explain you where the Negative clamp was but I remembered this thread. Take a look at it. Sometimes one picture worth more than a million words.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums