flutter @ 25-30mph

Munch520

Registered Member
:confused:well, got the old 'unable to duplicate' (they've had it since Thursday night) but at least it's on file and hopefully they can recreate the issue maybe this winter when it's colder.

DWIL80

Hasn't posted much yet...
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I had the same issue including the "could not duplicate" excuse. So this past Friday i drove to the dealer in the morning and had a tech drive with me. The noise came up so I have an appointment to drop off the car Wednesday morning for them to diagnose further. I told him about the forum and explained what others had come to as a solution. Fingers crossed that it gets fixed this time!

Munch520

Registered Member
I had the same issue including the "could not duplicate" excuse. So this past Friday i drove to the dealer in the morning and had a tech drive with me. The noise came up so I have an appointment to drop off the car Wednesday morning for them to diagnose further. I told him about the forum and explained what others had come to as a solution. Fingers crossed that it gets fixed this time!
Good luck! I have another 55,000 miles on my powertrain coverage so I'll try it again soon, not super urgent (thankfully) right now.

DWIL80

Genesis Model Type
Good luck! I have another 55,000 miles on my powertrain coverage so I'll try it again soon, not super urgent (thankfully) right now.
thanks! Dropped her off this morning, will post back on my progress this time.

warnock

Genesis Model Type
Just brought mine to get checked out. They said it’s my tires.. they’re pretty warm and they’re uneven due to not being aligned and switched.. so I guess I’ll go about that and see if the noise is fixed.

DWIL80

Genesis Model Type
Just brought mine to get checked out. They said it’s my tires.. they’re pretty warm and they’re uneven due to not being aligned and switched.. so I guess I’ll go about that and see if the noise is fixed.
Unless it's coming from the wheel well, I doubt it's the tires. I hear the flutter coming from the center dash area. But hey I hope you get it fixed!
My last trip to the dealer was a no-go. I'll wait for the winter months when the sound is more prevalent.

dareckibmw

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
My last trip to the dealer was a no-go. I'll wait for the winter months when the sound is more prevalent.
I went with my 5.0 around Xmas and they weren't able to duplicate the noise either, lol

I guess, I'll have to try with another dealer.

Are you in Chicagoland area? if yes, which dealer did you go to, if you don't mind me asking?

DWIL80

Genesis Model Type
I went with my 5.0 around Xmas and they weren't able to duplicate the noise either, lol

I guess, I'll have to try with another dealer.

Are you in Chicagoland area? if yes, which dealer did you go to, if you don't mind me asking?
Hi there! I'm in the west suburbs of Chicago - Algonquin. I went to Rosen Hyundai which is where I bought my car. My previous car was a 11' Sonata and I've been going to that dealer for years for service; good group of people there so i'm sure it will get sorted out eventually.

dareckibmw

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Hi there! I'm in the west suburbs of Chicago - Algonquin. I went to Rosen Hyundai which is where I bought my car. My previous car was a 11' Sonata and I've been going to that dealer for years for service; good group of people there so i'm sure it will get sorted out eventually.
I'm in Romeoville and I bought last 5 of my cars at Napleton's in Aurora. Good guys but their the service department sucks.

Wish you luck, buddy. My problem is over, I just traded in my '15 5.0 for '18 G80 Sport.

unclejunebug

Genesis Model Type
Wish you luck, buddy. My problem is over, I just traded in my '15 5.0 for '18 G80 Sport.
Congrats on the trade in! I saw G80 sport on the road the other day. Very sweet indeed.

I'm taking my car in for an oil change next week and I plan to bring up this up with the service department. It's getting pretty warm here in the Sacramento area so it may get harder to reproduce but I'll be crossing my fingers.

Brummett

There is a fluttering sound that I hear between 25-30mph and I cannot determine where it is coming from. It doesn't seem to be in the cabin. From my limited 'testing', it only happens when decelerating gradually (either coasting or braking lightly). Once I push the gas pedal, the sound goes away even at the same speed. Step off the gas, the sound comes back.

I believe I have seen other threads where this is mentioned. Has anyone else noticed this? Is there a remedy? It's driving me (and consequently my wife) crazy.[/Q

The problem is with the connection between the drive shafts. The dealer replaced the part and the flutter went away, covered by warranty. The were able to replicate the sound but I also had audio recording of the noise just in case.

boston_strong_ma

My account is locked but had mine fixed in April. Went round and round with service, region manager and member of the engineering dept. Finally took them for a drive after leaving the car overnight. Opened the center console so they could hear my flutter below! Regional played stupid but engineer said he could hear it clear as day. Tried to say loose part behind firewall but showed him forum . Propeller shaft replaced and sound gone month 2. Hopefully this shaft holds up.

boston_strong_ma

Tell them u researched it. They hate to have consumers tell them diagnosis but that’s what we do in 2018, online research! They either are told to pay stupid (Cost reduction) or hate to be wrong. Now to get my noisy panoramic roof to be quiet

DWIL80

Genesis Model Type
After 3 service drop-off attempts and a youtube video upload that I shared with the service writer, I finally got them to replicate and acknowledge the issue. Replacement parts were ordered and I am waiting on them to confirm when I can drop off the car for repair.

Munch520

Registered Member
After 3 service drop-off attempts and a youtube video upload that I shared with the service writer, I finally got them to replicate and acknowledge the issue. Replacement parts were ordered and I am waiting on them to confirm when I can drop off the car for repair.
Dropping car off next Tuesday night, going to drive it cold with them Wednesday morning.

Nuts the hoops we have to jump through to fix something that SHOULD HAVE A DAMN TSB ALREADY.

DWIL80

Genesis Model Type
Dropping car off next Tuesday night, going to drive it cold with them Wednesday morning.

Nuts the hoops we have to jump through to fix something that SHOULD HAVE A DAMN TSB ALREADY.
Agreed! Parts are in and I made an appointment for July 2nd to drop off the car and get a loaner. I hope it doesn't take too long to fix

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.