G70 Lease Comparisons and Discussion (USA)

Kjs33233

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
One other question I just thought of. If the dealer has some add ons such as tint, mats, etc., do they still honor the Circle A price, or do they still add those costs on top?

Kjs33233

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I just thought of another question. If the dealer has some add ons on top of the MSRP, can they still charge that on top of the Circle A price? It's for tint, mats, etc., but its just over $1K

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

Kjs33233

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I have not heard anything one way or the other but from what I can tell the dealer installed items are not included in Circle pricing and you will have to negotiate on those separately. Here is an example of one at Jim Ellis that has $1,115 in dealer options but the Circle pricing information does not included them which makes sense since dealers can add anything and not have it attached to the VIN.

View attachment 21278View attachment 21279
I found the following language in the plan document available on the internet...

"Hyundai Circle Price: Your special discounted price. Please note that this price does not include taxes, title, registration fees, dealer installed options, etc. These will be applied at the time you purchase the vehicle. Other Incentives may apply. See dealer for details"

Kjs33233

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
It took me 48 hours to get the ability to pm. A very impatient 48 hours. Hang in there!
For such generosity, I can be as patient as needed! Was hoping to wrap it up Friday as I head out of town for 5 days on Saturday, but I will have to wait. Only concern would be the car is no longer available, but as I previously mentioned I believe there are 3-4 dealerships with the same car so I should be okay.

I just received a call from one of the dealerships I requested a quote on and they came back with an all in monthly lease payment of $530 for 36 months, 12k per year. This is on a $49,270 MSRP 3.3T AWD Prestige with the Elite Package. That's a pretty good deal in itself.

BobLoblaw

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I found the following language in the plan document available on the internet...

"Hyundai Circle Price: Your special discounted price. Please note that this price does not include taxes, title, registration fees, dealer installed options, etc. These will be applied at the time you purchase the vehicle. Other Incentives may apply. See dealer for details"
Good point, I was thinking port installed accessories or whatever they're called (First aid kit, rear bumper applique, etc).

nellie1289

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Accessories that are not port installed and true dealer installed you will pay 100% for on a lease. They are not subject to residual. So instead of paying 49% for your dealer options you will pay 100% or them over life of lease.

tarhoosier

Registered Member
Charlotte
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The Residual is .50 money factor is 0.0001

MSRP/Retail
$41,085.00
Selling Price$37,886.00
Rebate$5,000.00
Government Fee$21.00
Proc/Doc Fee$699.00
Accessories0.00
Acq. Fee$750.00
Gross Cap Cost$39,946.69
Total Payment$450.69
Residual Value$20,543.00
Mileage Plan: 10,000 Per Year

Comments?

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

Kjs33233

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Are taxes paid on the MSRP or sale price?

Had another dealer today agree to match my offer of $569/month, zero down for 36 months, 12k miles per year on an MSRP of $49,270 for the 3.3T Prestige with Elite.

I then mentioned I will hope to have Circle A, and hoped that would get me to $450/month with $3k down. They said they would put me in the car at that and I could turn in the certificate after.

I assume that’s a great deal? The deal I wanted after all?

Should I try for even more or see what another dealer is willing to do?

I’ve enjoyed working with this dealership as the others have been terrible with responsiveness and played the whole game of you need to be here to negotiate.

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

Kjs33233

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
It depends on the state. In most states the taxes are paid monthly on the lease payment. In others it must be paid upfront on the sales price (I think Georgia is like that) and in other it must be paid upfront on the total of the lease payments.
So tax on the lease payments, not on the full sale price or MSRP? That makes sense, thanks for clarifying.

I do know it’s a straight 7% in GA.

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

Kjs33233

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
You will want to verify that this though. I just found an article saying the sales taxes on leases in Georgia changed on 1/1/18 to be monthly on the payment like most other states.
Yep, just found the same article. Makes sense as a quote I get had an addition to capitalized cost of $1,449 and I couldn’t figure if it was tax or not.