G70 LED vs Stock Turn & Reverse Lights

dhruv124

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Too bad they didnt work for you. Mine work great, so I'm happy. ;-) tested them three times today in 89 degree direct sunlight weather. Zero faults. So, yay me! Was a good $20 bucks spent. Cheers!
Your bulbs look really good! Have you encountered any errors or hyper flashing so far with your OXILAM bulbs?

mrjberlin

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Your bulbs look really good! Have you encountered any errors or hyper flashing so far with your OXILAM bulbs?
None at all and I remote start it frequently to warm the oil and cool the interior.

Pickle

Crunchy and Sour
Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
For the Canadians here, I ordered these:

They appear to be very similar to the AliExpress ones seen elsewhere on this thread.

I just installed them and they seem to work perfectly. I ran them for 5min with the hazards on. No hyperflash and no warnings. They are much brighter than stock but not as blinding as the Lasfit ones based on what I've seen in the vids no this thread. They perform very much like the ones Mirza777 installed:

$23CAD and 1day Prime shipping. Can't go wrong.

Mirza777

Toronto, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
[/URL]

They appear to be very similar to the AliExpress ones seen elsewhere on this thread.

I just installed them and they seem to work perfectly. I ran them for 5min with the hazards on. No hyperflash and no warnings. They are much brighter than stock but not as blinding as the Lasfit ones based on what I've seen in the vids no this thread. They perform very much like the ones Mirza777 installed:

[/URL]

Yes they look very much like the AliExpress ones, except for the black casing. Glad to hear they passed the hyperflash test!

huyluong

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

Great find!

TOGuy242

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Toronto, ON
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
[/URL]

[/URL]

Thanks so much, ordered the same ones, installed in about 15 minutes and they look great!

Michael_V

Registered Member
Bawstin, MA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I did the LED upgrade to the back-up and "blinkahs". Took me about 20 minutes. 10mm socket and 10mm wrench (for 1 nut that's hard to get to)

Amazon.com: SiriusLED 1156 Anti Hyper Flash Built-in load resistor True 25W Amber Extremely Bright LED Bulb for Turn Signal Only 1156A 7506 Pack of 2: Automotive

SnapShot.jpg

Using the emergency flashers I was able to see the greatly improved properties of the LED vs standard incandescent 1156A bulb.

LED vs stock Blinkers Video

You may have to download the video so you can really see the difference. The video is only 7 secs. long, but I think it's all you'll need to see the difference.
Definitely worth it. Color match is pretty close as well.

ryan_g

Hasn't posted much yet...
Orange, CA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Installed the Lasfit bulbs for both turn signals and backup lights today. Left the signals on for only a few minutes to test for hyperflashing, and they started doing so fairly quickly, after just three or so minutes. Everyone else with these bulbs doesn’t seem to have this issue; any thoughts?

nsyedhasan

Registered Member
Toronto
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Installed the Lasfit bulbs for both turn signals and backup lights today. Left the signals on for only a few minutes to test for hyperflashing, and they started doing so fairly quickly, after just three or so minutes. Everyone else with these bulbs doesn’t seem to have this issue; any thoughts?
Summer heat would not help, could just because of the hotter weather

tommyjin

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I ordered OXILAM BA15S 7506 1156 LED Amber(Canbus) from Amazon. They were too bright, so I taped over the top projector and some of the side bulbs; now they're perfect.

No hyperflash or alerts during normal operation. However, when I do remote starts, I get a check bulb alert. It goes away shortly during normal use during driving tho. I can live with that.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

Hmmm... The longest I've timed having the blinker on has been for 4 minutes in traffic. I've also had them on for 5 minutes with remote start. I've never had hyperflash... FWIW, each time I do remote start it's at night when I'm leaving work, so it's usually really cool outside.

Perhaps outside temperature has an effect. I may test this out more.

Ruissimo

Registered Member
Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just ordered both sets of bulbs posted by OP. Should be here Tuesday.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I think I've asked once but hasn't anyone considered red LEDs?
It would probably look classier.

tommyjin

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Red bulbs in clear housing usually look pink. I imagine it would look weird next to red brake lights, and it wouldn't match the side signals.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Red bulbs in clear housing usually look pink. I imagine it would look weird next to red brake lights, and it wouldn't match the side signals.
The Mercedes has red LEDs in their rear white turn signal housing and they look good!

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Only thing I'd be worried about is that it might clash with the turn signals on the side mirrors. Sometimes you can see both the tails and the side mirrors at the same time. Might be weird seeing red and orange blinkers at the same time? Or maybe not, maybe it would be sweet. I'm not sure now, haha.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Only thing I'd be worried about is that it might clash with the turn signals on the side mirrors. Sometimes you can see both the tails and the side mirrors at the same time. Might be weird seeing red and orange blinkers at the same time? Or maybe not, maybe it would be sweet. I'm not sure now, haha.
In your case, you don't have to worry about the colour match since your tail is already tinted. It will look the same as the stock brake lights plus or minus the intensity.
As far as side mirror lights, they are amber on cars with red rear turning indicators anyway!