G70 Maps v14.5

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Saw there was a new update for November, did anyone get it?
Got it for the G80. Minor differences. Last update I lost the split screen at interchanges and that is back. I did not see any list of what is new though. Still does not have my street after 3 years.

Speeder

Registered Member
Quinton, NJ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Got it for the G80. Minor differences. Last update I lost the split screen at interchanges and that is back. I did not see any list of what is new though. Still does not have my street after 3 years.
Check your radio station pre-selects. Did it sort them numerically and eliminate duplicates?

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Check your radio station pre-selects. Did it sort them numerically and eliminate duplicates?
Holy crap, yes it did. I'm not happy about that and I see no way to reset them. In the little I drove since I did the update I only listened to the top two on my list but just looked. Most of my listening is four stations that are not in numerical sequence and just a tap on the steering wheel. When I want others, easy enough to do.

Yes, you can be sure I will bitch about this to Genesis and Mapnsoft. There is no valid reason to do that.

Redwing

Registered Member
Northville, MI
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Holy crap, yes it did. I'm not happy about that and I see no way to reset them. In the little I drove since I did the update I only listened to the top two on my list but just looked. Most of my listening is four stations that are not in numerical sequence and just a tap on the steering wheel. When I want others, easy enough to do.

Yes, you can be sure I will bitch about this to Genesis and Mapnsoft. There is no valid reason to do that.
Hmm, well, my update is on its way. Thanks to OP for the thread!

Did it separate radio from FM and AM on presets? I guess I'll see first hand soon enough.

If I recall, I was able to see a running list of changes with each update. Anyone have a link? I can't find it anymore. I know I saw it since it tallied POI's and other changes. TIA

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I heard back from Mapnsoft,,Essentially they said "tough crap"

Thank you for reaching out.

The preset change was in fact a part of the update. I am very sorry for any troubles it has caused. I will send feedback to the developers of the software to advise them of the negative review of the change. Please continue to monitor our updates as it is released twice a year for your vehicle.

Thanks again for reaching out ! Please be sure to share your views on the survey sent as it will be forwarded to the appropriate department,

Aquineas

4th Genesis
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Georgetown, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

Ugh that sucks. I have my XM stations in order of listening desire, and it's certainly not in numerical order.

Redwing

Registered Member
Northville, MI
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I heard back from Mapnsoft,,Essentially they said "tough crap"

Thank you for reaching out.

The preset change was in fact a part of the update. I am very sorry for any troubles it has caused. I will send feedback to the developers of the software to advise them of the negative review of the change. Please continue to monitor our updates as it is released twice a year for your vehicle.

Thanks again for reaching out ! Please be sure to share your views on the survey sent as it will be forwarded to the appropriate department,
So are you also saying that if one adds a preset it puts in the numerical slot? Like the highest numbered preset station will be in the highest slot number? So, IF one takes the time, one still can't rearrange the stations by reentering them? It would be a pain for those 40 presets, but still doable. I find it odd that they did this since with SM, one can rewind to previous songs in only the first 10 slots. Well, maybe I won't update..Nah, I'm too geeky and I'll still do it. I would like to see that change log though.

I'm also surprised to see this update so soon. I figured it wouldn't be out till next year. Go figure.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
So are you also saying that if one adds a preset it puts in the numerical slot? Like the highest numbered preset station will be in the highest slot number? So, IF one takes the time, one still can't rearrange the stations by reentering them? It would be a pain for those 40 presets, but still doable. I find it odd that they did this since with SM, one can rewind to previous songs in only the first 10 slots. Well, maybe I won't update..Nah, I'm too geeky and I'll still do it. I would like to see that change log though.

I'm also surprised to see this update so soon. I figured it wouldn't be out till next year. Go figure.
Correct, if you add a station it goes in numerical order. If your favorite does not make the first screen position there is no rewind.

I did let them know my feeling but unless many of us complain I doubt there will be change and even if so, months away. I just cannot imagine why they would remove one of the nice features of being able to customize the order.

Speeder

Registered Member
Quinton, NJ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

This is a weird update. Timing seems a bit out of sync, update from V14.5 to V14.10, no Release Notes.

Speeder

Registered Member
Quinton, NJ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
So probably no need to update to the newest version?
Your choice. If you're not having any issues you may want to wait until the V14.10 Release Notes are published. The changes discovered so far by the 'unknowing' Beta Testers don't seem like improvements.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
So probably no need to update to the newest version?
Not a major change. Last update I lost the split screen view as you approach in interchange. It was nice to see the best lane to be in as you approach some of them with various exits. That is back in this edition.

The downside is the radio station changes. In three cars over seven years I could set the sequence the way I wanted it. Now I can't. Nice feature lost.

Probably some roads and POIs but there is no listing of the changes.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums