• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

G70 road trip range

SeekingGen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Great info, guys, thanks! Are these numbers with or without AC?
With AC -- not driving anywhere near, where I live, w/o AC this time of year.
Oh-- and one trip included a blinding thunderstorm--which reduced visibility to the point of about 30 mph travel.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Last edited:

Clarence Oveur

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
This is the case on BMW vehicles where ECO modes reduces the cooling effect for efficiency but in some cases does not keep up with the demand to keep the cabin cool enough. Or in the winter it is not enough to defog the windows.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Ernie3647

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Middletown NY
I agree from experience.
This is on a one 1 hour and 15 min drive. Driving mostly at 70 up maybe 74 to pass slow vehicles. With the AC on of course though it wasn't that hot of a day as the display shows.
I'm sure it can do better on a longer ride. I'm amazed at how efficient this engine is all that power and this kind of mileage. What ever they pay those Genesis engineers it's not enough. 21498

joschneider

G70 Member
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
This is on a one 1 hour and 15 min drive. Driving mostly at 70 up maybe 74 to pass slow vehicles. With the AC on of course though it wasn't that hot of a day as the display shows.
I'm sure it can do better on a longer ride. I'm amazed at how efficient this engine is all that power and this kind of mileage. What ever they pay those Genesis engineers it's not enough. View attachment 21498
They underrated highway mpg IMO

jaymatt

Registered Member
New Jersey
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I disagree. I'd probably fall solidly below the rating if I didn't stare at the MPG bar while driving
I wish I could hide the range in the display cos I'm always obsessing over it especially in city driving. On the highway not so much since this engine is surprisingly efficient there. I've consistently averaged over 26 mpg in Sport mode on the highway.

joschneider

G70 Member
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I disagree. I'd probably fall solidly below the rating if I didn't stare at the MPG bar while driving
I’ve switched mine to the performance display and never looked back, but I do check my mpg when I turn it off since it quickly displays there every time. It sucks to hear you’re getting such bad mpg for just freeway driving, it surprises me that there would be so much variance on the real life highway mpg we’re seeing

Ruissimo

Registered Member
Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I’ve switched mine to the performance display and never looked back, but I do check my mpg when I turn it off since it quickly displays there every time. It sucks to hear you’re getting such bad mpg for just freeway driving, it surprises me that there would be so much variance on the real life highway mpg we’re seeing
I don’t what you guys use, but I use an app called Fuelly; every time I gas up, I enter my odometer miles, the price per gallon and the gallons filled.

I’ve done that for my last three cars, and it gives me a great look at true MPG.

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Maybe I just hit more traffic than I think I do or have a lead foot

danygenesis

Genesis owner
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Maybe I just hit more traffic than I think I do or have a lead foot
It all depends on what kind of traffic we get in Highways. For example, here in Miami Dade when I drive in highways (25 miles more or less) even on Sundays my 3.3T G70 NEVER do more than 20 MPG. Other story is when I drive out of town in a long trip, in this case driving between 75-85 MPH I get around 25-26 MPG.

Last edited:

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So I drove to work today in Sport 99% of the time (still looking at MPG though). Hit a patch of traffic from an accident and still hit like 25.5 MPG. I may have been too critical before and I now refuse to drive in eco since it seems like it doesn't do shit for me. Lol

Ruissimo

Registered Member
Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I've been driving my 3.3 Dynamic in Eco (with some Sport occasionally) and my last two tanks of gas averaged me about 24 mpg.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums