G70 US Availability?

CollinR4

Registered Member
I pinged Walter Dawson about these 3 States...see if he replies. Now that I have my car...he may never reply to me again...LOL.

TurtleBoy posted info I shared with him a while ago regarding these 3 States.

Florida - legal issues resolved...should have been moving forward already
Cali - legal issues were very close to being done
Texas - done...but they are approaching differently. Waiting on all dealers to be ready and all will go live at once

Stay tuned.
Still waiting in Ohio too.

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Still waiting in Ohio too.
Not seeing anything with Ohio yet but it can happen quickly. Usually it takes about two weeks from when I first see something but sometimes can be very quick. In the case of Rhode Island, got info on a dealer one day and the next day Genesis.com had them listed with inventory. Hopefully things pickup and that happens for the remaining states. :thumbsup:

Toddasaurus

Hasn't posted much yet...
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Not seeing anything with Ohio yet but it can happen quickly. Usually it takes about two weeks from when I first see something but sometimes can be very quick. In the case of Rhode Island, got info on a dealer one day and the next day Genesis.com had them listed with inventory. Hopefully things pickup and that happens for the remaining states. :thumbsup:

Thanks for keeping us all updated on the rollout. Stoked about the possibility of Oregon seeing the G70 soon!!

CoconutRob

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
From what I'm seeing, Maryland is approved and should be getting inventory soon if all goes well. The only dealer so far is Genesis of Bowie.

I'm now including "states that are close" in my Dealer updates. Dealers with 2019s
Glad to see. Unfortunately Bowie is the same distance away as Cherry Hill 200 miles. Hoping the eastern shore of Maryland and Delaware come soon. Thanks for updates.

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Just got an email from David at Genesis of Springfield Va. They are getting a shipment in of a dozen more G70s. I figured since he has treated a few of our members right, I would post the details. May want to contact him if there is anything you are looking for.

GENESIS OF SPRINGFIELD

G70s ARRIVING SHORTLY
1 2.0T RWD DYNAMIC - SIBERIAN ICE -GRAY/GRAY MSRP $45,185
2 2.0T AWD PRESTIGE - VICTORIA BLK - GRAY/GRAY MSRP $46,520
3 2.0T AWD PRESTIGE - HIMALAYAN GRAY - BLK/BLK MSRP $46,125
4 2.0T AWD ELITE - HAVANA RED - BLK/BLK MSRP $43,520
5 2.0T AWD ELITE - CASABLANCA WHITE - GRAY/GRAY MSRP $43,125
6 2.0T RWD SPORT - VICTORIA BLK - BLK/GRAY MSRP $46,055
7 2.0T RWD ELITE - ADRIATIC BLUE - GRAY/GRAY MSRP $41,475
8 2.0T AWD ADVANCED - VICTORIA BLK - BLK/BLK MSRP $38,580
9 3.3T RWD PRESTIGE - HIMALAYAN GRAY - BLK/BLK MSRP $49,620
10 3.3T RWD HAVANA RED - GRAY/GRAY MSRP $49,620
11 3.3T AWD SPORT SIBERAIN ICE - BLK/GRAY MSRP $53,050
12 3.3T RWD SPORT SANTIAGO SILVER - BLK/GRAY MSRP $51,050

Please contact:
David Vel
703-967-8628
dvel@saffordauto.com

Right now Genesis of Bend is the only dealer I'm seeing but would imagine others will follow shortly.
At the risk of getting shit for missing some posts on this forum, can you please clarify what you mean by seeing Genesis of Bend? Also, are you seeing anything for the state of Washington?

I would be willing to drive down to Bend to pick up the car if they had inventory in 1Q 2019 and there was nothing available in Washington.

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
At the risk of getting shit for missing some posts on this forum, can you please clarify what you mean by seeing Genesis of Bend? Also, are you seeing anything for the state of Washington?
I have various sources of information for what dealers currently have inventory and which states/dealers are close, best not to go into too much detail on that. ;)

Genesis of Bend seems to be close to getting inventory, on average it takes a few weeks from when they first pop up on my radar to when they get inventory. So far I have not seen anything on Washington. Things can change very quickly though.

I have various sources of information for what dealers currently have inventory and which states/dealers are close, best not to go into too much detail on that. ;)

Genesis of Bend seems to be close to getting inventory, on average it takes a few weeks from when they first pop up on my radar to when they get inventory. So far I have not seen anything on Washington. Things can change very quickly though.
Works for me. Thanks for using your resources to help us out!

SeekingGen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

Any information on Oklahoma? I think 2 dealers in Oklahoma are close to signing or may have signed.

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Any information on Oklahoma? I think 2 dealers in Oklahoma are close to signing or may have signed.
No, nothing for Oklahoma yet. I remember seeing the agendas for the meetings that were posted so thought maybe Oklahoma would show up but not yet. In addition to Oregon, the states we should see soon are Iowa, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Missouri, Mississippi, New Mexico, and Tennessee.

Dealers with 2019s

Toddasaurus

Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

Just emailed Hyundai/Genesis of Bend. Hopefully someone in the sales staff has any updates.

Toddasaurus

Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Alright, spoke with a sales rep down in Bend about the G70. He says they just recently got approved (licensed) to sell the G70's, but he's not sure how long it will take to get them in stock. He did tell me that they will probably get 5 for their first shipment, but he has no idea which trims will be in that allotment. He told me he'll look into it some more and then give me a call back in a few days if he's able to get more details.

Seemed like a nice guy, but definitely a total salesman. We'll see what happens! Either way, it's good news for those of us in the Pacific Northwest.

CollinR4

Registered Member
Thought I'd pass along that I was in Chicago this weekend and managed to finally go test drive a G70. It's very sharp and that engine is very impressive. If anyone is looking I'd strongly suggest reaching out to Bob Dinella at Genesis of Countryside. No pressure from him and he was very accommodating. I'll definitely be going back to buy from him in Q1.

Bob Dinella
708-491-0200
bobd@ettleson.com
Genesis of Countryside | New Genesis dealership in Countryside, IL 60525

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.