• Just a quick message to let you know that we now have a JB4 Support Forum so questions can be asked once, in one place, rather than the same question being asked and answered in the G70, G80 and G90 forums. You can find the forum on the main page in the forum list - or click here.

G70 US Availability?

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Holy crap...perhaps something IS going on. Both Richmond, VA sites are down...they WILL carry Genesis.

Charlottesville, VA site is active...they will NOT carry Genesis.

Hmmmm.

EDIT: Ignore...both sites back up with no changes. Dammit.

EDIT #2: Back down again.

EDIT #3: Now getting that same screenshot. Starting to think something is going on. I sure hope so as I want to start drinking.

Last edited:

Eljefetonto

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Hmm. That would be interesting to have more than 3 dealerships down at the same time.

mikemu30

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Multiple Hyundai and Genesis sites are down in CT, CA & FL. I suspect this will be addressed quickly as one cannot access online service scheduling.
I routinely have issues making appointments online with the Hyundai dealer in my neck of the woods. Last time, all Saturdays were grayed out so I called them and they admitted there are frequent glitches with the portal.

devellis

Been here awhile...
North Carolina
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
The dealer I've been talking to in Cary, NC, who has sold both Hyundai and Genesis vehicles, has had a dedicated Genesis web page for some time. It's presently down.

As an addendum, yesterday the dealership (Johnson Genesis of Raleigh) said that they'd be closed today but that people could "check our website for weekend hours and updates." That suggests that they weren't planning any routine website outages. Also, the weather here hasn't gotten severe enough to account for their website outages. I'm not that far away from them and no services have been interrupted here thus far. So this all does sound like something is up.

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
I wonder if all these sites route to the same DNS server.

EDIT: I did some trace routes...and they seem to end up at the same destination...which would make sense. So we are all saying individual sites are down...but it's really one.

Glaz

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
They’ve been around the Motown museum since yesterday so I’m guessing the commercial should be finished by next week to be aired on the Football games. I’m really hoping the pricing gets announced next week. Ive been waiting patiently to find out if this is my next car or not.

nodenwire

I noticed on the spec sheet it mentions that the G70 3.3T Sport would only come with the limited-slip differential (LSD) on the RWD model only. Is this accurate? I thought the AWD model would also include the LSD...

50jae

Hasn't posted much yet...
I noticed on the spec sheet it mentions that the G70 3.3T Sport would only come with the limited-slip differential (LSD) on the RWD model only. Is this accurate? I thought the AWD model would also include the LSD...
I thought so too, many reviewers also mentioned all awd 3.3T will have a LSD. Hope Genesis didn't remove it near the launch.

On a side note, I just saw the instagram photos. I swear every time I see the mallorca blue it it tempts me to choose it like some guilty pleasure. I know it'll be more eye catching for better and worse, but maybe it's time I stop choosing boring colors and show some flair.

dengen

Hasn't posted much yet...
Denver
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Well, if the server is on the Carolina coast, the explanation would be obvious. I assume it's on the other side of the country but I guess that's not necessarily the case.
Unlikely, a major brand like this should be using a distributed cloud data center like AWS, or at least have a backup data center.

Gianttama

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
i have to say, it is pretty entertaining to watch how some of us get excited when something (possible not related to launching) happens and every one from different corners of the country all reporting their sighting as if there was a mass alien invasion happening all over the world.

for once us Canadians are happily enjoying watching the show from up north here. hope you guys get your cars soon, make sure you hold your jizz in your pants when they finally make some kind of informative announcement.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.