Genesis G70 Reviews

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
CT
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Quick laugh for a Friday? Check out this gomer...LOL. Guy has a phablet in his pocket...looks like it's about to crush his femur. LOLOLOL

This wanker will sell ice to a penguin...hahahaha...

This one is dating phablet-boy...

Why do they do these things? I've never seen a TV ad by a car dealer or salesperson that was not hideous. At least get an actor from the local high school drama club for a step up.

canucklehead604

Hasn't posted much yet...
West Coast Canada
^^ almost had to turn it off after 5 seconds, but skipped through anyways. agree with some of their takes, such as the 3-series being so commonplace (partly because it has been so good for so long) that it garners next to no attention. the G70 does not have that problem.

Cowtown

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Greater Victoria, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yeah I noticed it the couple times I had on Sirius there at the start it has the REC button there. Not sure how far back it goes but that was something the Straight Pipes guys always laud about cars that do it. I do recall from when I used to use it a lot (pre Spotify) that a rewind function would have been nice.

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yeah I noticed it the couple times I had on Sirius there at the start it has the REC button there. Not sure how far back it goes but that was something the Straight Pipes guys always laud about cars that do it. I do recall from when I used to use it a lot (pre Spotify) that a rewind function would have been nice.
Goes back to the beginning of the song.

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
He's reporting 4.6 seconds 0-60, which actually is good considering it's the AWD model. If he had a RWD I bet it would've been right on the mark at 4.5 seconds. Nice.
Yeah...saw that.

Why are we assuming the AWD is slower? Bit heavier...but all 4 wheels bite.

Other AWD cars are faster than their RWD counterparts...like Porsche.

Toddasaurus

Hasn't posted much yet...
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Yeah...saw that.

Why are we assuming the AWD is slower? Bit heavier...but all 4 wheels bite.

Other AWD cars are faster than their RWD counterparts...like Porsche.

I agree completely with the logic. But, turns out that Genesis/Kia/Hyundai doesn't seem take advantage of the AWD grip during launch mode.

C&D reports 0-60 of the Stinger... (i know the numbers are quicker than they should be, but it's the comparison between the two that i'm focusing on)
0-60
AWD: 4.6
RWD: 4.4

1/4 Mile
AWD: 13.2
RWD: 12.9

The 4.5s 0-60 advertised by Genesis for the G70 is for the RWD model. They don't officially, as far as I know, show the 0-60 for the AWD model. I am making an assumption that the G70 follows the Stinger, in that AWD is slower than RWD when it comes to 0-60.

I could be wrong on this, but so far all I've heard is that launch mode seems to not take full advantage of the extra AWD grip.

:c

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.