• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Genesis post-purchase gift

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

jlew64

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Spoiler alert...if you want it to be a secret...do not read onward :)

So...first the Gift Certificate...than today I get a nice sized box. Quite nice actually. Open it up...really nice letter welcoming me to the family. Below that a nice brochure describing all the perks of owning a Genesis.

Lastly...below that...a portable phone charger :) Very slick. All black...with the copper Genesis logo. Not sure the value...but who cares...pretty sweet.

It accepts several types of cords to charge your phone. BUT IT HAS wireless charging !!!

Thanks (again) Genesis !!!

Update: So wired charging is at 1.5v and 2.5v (2 separate ports). No idea what the wireless charges at...probably 1.5v. So not fast charging...nor would you expect it to be. I put my iPhone 8 Plus on it...and it says charging. Was at 94%...left it for 20 min...did not go up even 1% :( I know it is charging (or trying to). Perhaps my phone's battery usage (while left alone) simply counters what the 1.5v charges at. I have other charging pads in my house (and the G70) that fast-charge at 10v (although Apple's max is 7.5) and it charges nicely. I also know that when phones get up in the mid-90%...it takes longer to charge. So perhaps I will try it when I am at like 50% or something. And yes...BT is off. WiFi and cellular are on...need to be.

Update 2: I put my daughter's iPhone 8 on it. It was at 70%. After 18 min it was at 81%. So I am thinking the Plus is too much for it.
Spoiler alert...if you want it to be a secret...do not read onward :)

So...first the Gift Certificate...than today I get a nice sized box. Quite nice actually. Open it up...really nice letter welcoming me to the family. Below that a nice brochure describing all the perks of owning a Genesis.

Lastly...below that...a portable phone charger :) Very slick. All black...with the copper Genesis logo. Not sure the value...but who cares...pretty sweet.

It accepts several types of cords to charge your phone. BUT IT HAS wireless charging !!!

Thanks (again) Genesis !!!

Update: So wired charging is at 1.5v and 2.5v (2 separate ports). No idea what the wireless charges at...probably 1.5v. So not fast charging...nor would you expect it to be. I put my iPhone 8 Plus on it...and it says charging. Was at 94%...left it for 20 min...did not go up even 1% :( I know it is charging (or trying to). Perhaps my phone's battery usage (while left alone) simply counters what the 1.5v charges at. I have other charging pads in my house (and the G70) that fast-charge at 10v (although Apple's max is 7.5) and it charges nicely. I also know that when phones get up in the mid-90%...it takes longer to charge. So perhaps I will try it when I am at like 50% or something. And yes...BT is off. WiFi and cellular are on...need to be.

Update 2: I put my daughter's iPhone 8 on it. It was at 70%. After 18 min it was at 81%. So I am thinking the Plus is too much for it.

jlew64

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Late to the party here, but just got my charger yesterday... Not being ungrateful but wondering if I'm missing something about how this works. I thought it would work like our the factory installed wireless charger in our Kona... get in the car, put your your phone onto charger pad and it charges... but that doesn't seem to be how this works. The charger needs to physically turned on each time you want to use it because it shuts off automatically if it isn't charging a phone. Seems that by the time I pick up the charger, turn it on, put it back and place my phone on top I could have just plugged my phone into a wired charger. And don't you still have to plug the phone in to use Android auto? Am I missing something? Thanks!

joschneider

G70 Member
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Late to the party here, but just got my charger yesterday... Not being ungrateful but wondering if I'm missing something about how this works. I thought it would work like our the factory installed wireless charger in our Kona... get in the car, put your your phone onto charger pad and it charges... but that doesn't seem to be how this works. The charger needs to physically turned on each time you want to use it because it shuts off automatically if it isn't charging a phone. Seems that by the time I pick up the charger, turn it on, put it back and place my phone on top I could have just plugged my phone into a wired charger. And don't you still have to plug the phone in to use Android auto? Am I missing something? Thanks!
when you plug in for AA, your phone will charge at the same time so no need to have it on the charger. I dont think youre missing anything about the way it works, just that youre using it in the wrong situations. I keep mine as a back up charger to use anywhere but my car

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums