Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Costco has 12 quarts of Kirkland synthetic oil for $20.99 after $14 in discounts. Free shipping. Different weights available.

This is distributed by Warren and sold under many names. It meets Dexos specs, is well rated, and discussed on the BobIsTheOilGuy.com forum.

I can change the oil in my QX50 and my G80 with 12 quarts.

Last edited:

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Pennzoil is offering a $22 Shell Gift Card when you Purchase an eligible 10-Quart Pennzoil Full Synthetic Motor Oil Product from Select Retailers and fill out the online Rebate Form, upload your receipt, and submit.

Note, you may also submit the form by mail. If you experience problems uploading your receipt then try back later or submit by mail.

Eligible Products / Quantities
10x 1-Quart Pennzoil Ultra Platinum Full Synthetic motor oil
2x 5-Quart Pennzoil Ultra Platinum Full Synthetic motor oil
10x 1-Quart Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic motor oil
2x 5-Quart Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic motor oil
10x 1-Quart Pennzoil Platinum High Mileage Full Synthetic motor oil
2x 5-Quart Pennzoil Platinum High Mileage Full Synthetic motor oil
10x 1-Quart Pennzoil Platinum Euro Full Synthetic motor oil
2x 5-Quart Pennzoil Platinum Euro Full Synthetic motor oil
Participating Retailer
Ace Hardware
AutoZone
Advance Auto Parts
Amazon.com
Pep Boys
Target
Walmart
& More, search online for forms and info.

pulsar

SUSTAINING MEMBER
DFW, TX
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thanks for the update. Seems Ultra Platinum has gone up in price. Last Amazon order I did was $22 for a 5 qt jug, Walmart was right around $25, now Walmart is $36 for 5qt jug of Ultra. Regular Platinum is around $21, Ultra used to not be that big a difference from the Platinum.

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Yes, I've used PUP once, only because it was on sale for a couple bucks more than PP. But I don't think it's worth the money - to me anyway.

I've used Pennzoil all my life but recently switched to Costco's Kirkland Full Synthetic, it's cheap and well rated.

pulsar

SUSTAINING MEMBER
DFW, TX
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Dang it , I’m late. Must have been a short term special. Pricing is back to $33+ now. I’ve also notice somehow Walmart and Amazon track each other’s pricing mostly on oils. Walmart undercuts Amazon a few dollars, within a day or so Amazon has shifted their pricing to match.

Edit, spoke too soon. Googled the ultra and saw Walmart had it for $24.97. Odd thing is when I went to Walmart.com and looked at the ultra by searching that site, was getting $35-$36 for a 5 qt jug. Only found the $24.97 from a Google advertisement pop-up for Walmart. Guess I need to do deeper searching nowadays for oil pricing seems fickle finding the cheapest price. Just ordered a couple of jugs from Walmart.

Last edited:

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Bugs me that they run such short term sales. I always verify sales before I post them here, and that one was good at the time I posted it last night.

I use a phone app called SlickDeals, it's user managed and folks post good deals when they see them. You can set triggers on keywords such as Pennzoil or "motor oil" and receive an email when a new entry pops up. That's where I find these deals. I also like browsing all the other deals they post, it's pretty extensive and covers a wide variety of products. You can select your favorite resellers, too.

Edit: here's a screenshot of a motor oil search -

Screenshot_20210227-105603_Slickdeals.jpg

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums