• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - Facebook and Instagram. Something new is coming for Genesis owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

GV60 Canadian Deposit - Local Dealer Information & Timelines

Siufu

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
I’m waiting for the aftermarket to have something available. I hope the mats will be ready by the winter or I may be forced to buy OEM.
I’ve got towels on the hatch floor too, awaiting a cargo tray.
There haven't been a whole lot of accessories available for this car yet. Even ebay Korea doesn't have much, I'm also looking for the aftermaret all weather mats and cargo tray... happy to hear from others what accessories you can find out there.

fredf

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
There haven't been a whole lot of accessories available for this car yet. Even ebay Korea doesn't have much, I'm also looking for the aftermaret all weather mats and cargo tray... happy to hear from others what accessories you can find out there.
I will be going to TuxMat in the next week to have my GV60 laser scanned. A few weeks after that they will have full interior and trunk custom all weather mats.

Siufu

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
I will be going to TuxMat in the next week to have my GV60 laser scanned. A few weeks after that they will have full interior and trunk custom all weather mats.
Do you know how much it cost? Happy to tag along with your order if they can offer us a discount lol. I'm also in GTA area.

fredf

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Do you know how much it cost? Happy to tag along with your order if they can offer us a discount lol. I'm also in GTA area.
I've already arranged for a 'fitting' with a discount. They will then offer the mats to others who order. The ones online are selling for about $300 front and back seats. They get very good reviews.
I will certainly update this forum when the measurements are taken and they are ready to sell them retail.

msprnt

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I've already arranged for a 'fitting' with a discount. They will then offer the mats to others who order. The ones online are selling for about $300 front and back seats. They get very good reviews.
I will certainly update this forum when the measurements are taken and they are ready to sell them retail.
Is this the TuxMat on McCowan in Scarborough, Ontario? How do their products compare to weathertech, husky, and 3D Maxpider liners?

fredf

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Is this the TuxMat on McCowan in Scarborough, Ontario? How do their products compare to weathertech, husky, and 3D Maxpider liners?
Yes, those ones.
There are reviews comparing them online. I have never used them and thought I would try them out.

Last edited:

Jaws

Registered Member
Edmonton
Genesis Model Year
I've got Tuxmats in my Audis and I used to use Weathertech. Pluses and minus to both. The Tuxmats look better than the Weathertechs and might be more durable. The negative to the Tuxmats is that they are very stiff and tend to be more difficult to remove to wash than the Weathertechs, which in the back seat of the Q7 is a bit of an issue as the mat runs the full width of the car "over the hump." The Tuxmats also come with goofy retaining clips that are unnecessary and I don't bother using. Bottom line is the Tuxmats look better and can be used year round. The WeatherTech digifit are more utilitarian and are easier to install/remove. Tuxmat is a Canadian company which manufacturers in China, so I don''t how much of a Canadian company that makes them.

cloudy

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
So are Canadian dealers supposed to bring the vehicle to you for a test drive?

ohnoyuji

Registered Member
Montreal, Canada
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

So are Canadian dealers supposed to bring the vehicle to you for a test drive?
Not mine in Quebec. My sale specifically said, test drive to be done at the dealer, and no self drive, it must be accompanied.

Looney100

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis Model Year
Normally, Genesis would come to you for test drives, but with the interest I this vehicle they seem to be trying to maximize utilization, so no lost time driving between clients.

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Gnasher

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Was at the Langley dealership today. They have delivered 2 Performance models and have 3 being prepped for delivery. So they are rolling out. Don't know yet when my Advanced model arrives.

Jeffrey83

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Has anyone in Manitoba been called for a test drive? The FB page shows that they have had the tested since June 10th.
I did get an email last week to set up a test drive but I haven’t been able to get there yet, although given I’ve ordered an advanced and there seems to be very little information as to when it will arrive, I’m not in to much of a rush, although I would like to see it

Thundernova

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I did get an email last week to set up a test drive but I haven’t been able to get there yet, although given I’ve ordered an advanced and there seems to be very little information as to when it will arrive, I’m not in to much of a rush, although I would like to see it
Speaking of which... Has anyone heard anything in regards to what timeframe we're likely looking at for the advanced trim to start arriving?

NoTeslaforMe

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
As per my dealership in Mississauga ON, the advanced models have been delayed for a later release/delivery. My queue number being 118 or so (forget the exact one), I've been told yesterday that the production month is Jan 2023 or maybe even later. Pretty disappointing.

VanDaren

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I registered just to add to this amazing info-filled thread.

Test-drove the Performance out of Genesis Vancouver a couple weeks ago after getting impatient and emailing the dealer to ask what's up because I had zero contact from them for 2 months. Could be because my original sales contact left Genesis and my file didn't get picked up by anyone else...

Wife sat in the passenger seat and Experience Manager in the back. Only took it around some side streets but it's a nice car, a much better ride than the Ioniq 5 in my opinion.

Exp Manager demonstrated the GV60's self-drive and its pedestrian safety feature at the same time by telling the car to drive forward while he stood in front of it. Nice touch.

So, overall pretty compelling, but... to me the car felt quite small on the inside, despite its appearance on the outside. I was already making a big compromise with the price, and I thought the inside space was borderline on paper but you never know till you sit in the car. This is definitely a compact cross and not an SUV in the traditional sense.

I got my Performance and Advance pre-order deposits confirmed on April 11, I think my Performance reservation number was 153 when I did the test drive but no word on delivery timing. They thought maybe July or August? Doesn't matter though, I'm cancelling that pre-order. Good news for the rest of you still waiting!

I still have my Advance pre-order, my number was 408 so I figure I've got a while before I have to make a decision. Plus at this point it's the only new EV I have a reasonable chance of owning in the next 12 months.

Thundernova

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
As per my dealership in Mississauga ON, the advanced models have been delayed for a later release/delivery. My queue number being 118 or so (forget the exact one), I've been told yesterday that the production month is Jan 2023 or maybe even later. Pretty disappointing.
When did you place your pre order?

Thundernova

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
If the advanced models are really not set to be released until Jan, you'd think they'd allow for some sort of cross trim deposit option. I mean like if there's a performance cancellation instead of reaching out to the next in line for the performance queue (say like #200 or something). Maybe reach out to those with advanced trim deposits who already have high priority and see if there's interest in upselling. I mean that alone seems like a missed opportunity on Genesis part. Also if we were initially told that the two trims would be released separately, with one following the other by at least 6 months, that there would have been more people placing the deposit on the performance instead.

NoTeslaforMe

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
When did you place your pre order?
February 23rd. I was beyond frustrated as I was planning around the July date by getting quotes and making arrangements for my current lease to be transferred. They had originally given me a date of July first and then back peddled telling me thats not the case.

Thundernova

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
February 23rd. I was beyond frustrated as I was planning around the July date by getting quotes and making arrangements for my current lease to be transferred. They had originally given me a date of July first and then back peddled telling me thats not the case.
March 2nd for my deposit, and nearly three same scenario for me.