GV80 Reviews

Backslack

Registered Member
Well look at the name of the authors that dont like the GV80 and look at their reviews of german cars...
Doesn't even have to be German. Their LR Defender had several electrical issues and they still named it SUV of the year lol

AJB

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
M/T sure did "rap" the ride. I've watched virtually all the Youtube GV80 reviews and as many print reviews as I can find and I've yet to see the ride described as "atrocious" or even close to that as it is in another M/T review following the posted review entitled "GV80 Pros and Cons" by Edward Loh. Maybe their test vehicle had over-inflated tires. It happens.
I too was kind of shocked at the Motor Trend review. Either there was something wrong with the vehicle, over inflated tires or something or some manufacturer paid them to go way negative on the review. If there were more poor reviews I would take it more seriously but they're the only one that went so negative.

rjabend

Registered Member
I took a look at a couple of other MT reviews including the 2021 Escalade and, in my opinion, they seem to be fairly objective. As an example, they were pretty tough on some of the Escalade electronics and other areas such as the ride. Objective reviews are a good thing that I appreciate..

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
^ Difference is that the CUE system in Cadillacs have been widely panned (albeit, the latest version is better than before).

Have yet to see another single review, whether it be for NA or overseas, be that harshly critical of the ride (quite the opposite in the other reviews).

Even in MT's first drive of the KDM GV80, they praised the ride.

Backslack

Registered Member
Just something funny I noticed about Motor Trend's GV80 hot takes.

Here's what Scott Evans, one of their judges, said about the GV80 in the Car of the Year review:

Screenshot_2020-11-24 2021 Genesis GV80 Pros and Cons Review A Seriously Impressive Luxury SUV...png

Here's his statement from the recent Motor Trend road test, where MT was claiming that the GV80 had poor handling.

Screenshot_2020-11-24 2021 Genesis GV80 First Test Review Four- and Six-Cylinder Luxury.png

Notice something missing from his revised statement?

Hard to see this and not wonder if Motor Trend was "influenced" by an outside agenda or entity. :greedy:

Last edited:

stakenborg

Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Just as with Doug Demuro's analysis, subjective ratings should never be factored in when determining the overall score and ratings of a car. I mean styling and fun factor ratings are so personal and subjective as to make them impossible to score. For instance I think the GV80 is the best looking SUV out there so I'd give it a 10 but Demuro gives it a 7 and then a 3 and a 4 for fun factor and cool factor, I mean come on. Meaningful categories such as depreciation, cost of ownership, initial cost, overall maintenance costs, initial and long term quality etc are more relevant categories that everyone can and should consider when evaluating the purchase of any vehicle. You then determine for yourself if styling, cool factor and fun to drive issues are relevant for you.

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD

Nice to see that Jeff has another gig aside from his The Hooniverse channel.

Can't understand why his YT channel never took off, while someone like DD has tons of subscribers/views.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums