EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I just tried this out and while it "worked", it's ridiculous!

Went to the garage to make sure car was unlocked. In Settings, the setting to lock the car if it's unlocked when remote starting was checked.

Used app to start car. Mine typically takes 40 seconds to respond but after 40 seconds nothing happened. The app reported that I still had a pending start, so I canceled it.

I tried the command again, and this time I waited. Again after 40 seconds nothing happened, but continued to wait. 40 seconds later I heard the doors lock! ... But no start. Phone still showed a pending start, but I canceled it again.

Then I started thinking maybe it's doing it in three stages, so I tried it all again (had to unlock the car to restart test) without cancellation. Sure enough!

- After 40 seconds nothing happened.
- After another 40 seconds the doors locked.
- After another 40 seconds the car started!

So it takes a full 2 minutes to start your car if the doors are unlocked. I never leave them unlocked unless the car is in the garage.

Primitive!
That is ridiculous! With an aftermarket starter it would be running in 10 to 15 seconds. Both have advantages and disadvantages but there are times that 2 minutes is significant.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just a note. It all depends on your car location. It communicates off of cellular.

If your car is stuffed in a location with awful cell communication...except the worst. Not Genesis’ fault.

Do a full test in open space...and when the company is not being hijacked by hackers (LOL)...then report back.

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
My car always takes 40 seconds (give it take a few). Not sure that would have any affect since the call is either successful or not. Mine appear to be.

pulsar

SUSTAINING MEMBER
DFW, TX
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Ok, getting a weird error message now while trying to remote start my G70. Before I start monkeying with settings and makes things worse, thought I’d see if others have seen this? I get a ‘pin token expired’ message. Didn’t know we had anything that expired other than the whole connected services subscription?

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
ios or Android?
Did you try killing the app and restarting?
Reboot?

pulsar

SUSTAINING MEMBER
DFW, TX
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
ios or Android?
Did you try killing the app and restarting?
Reboot?
IOS, latest software is on my iPhone. I fingerprint log in to App each time I use it. Logs in just fine, for start function 2nd authentication I also fingerprint authenticate which is when the expired pin token note happens. I need to turn off fingerprint and manually enter passwords and see what happens? Just haven’t played around with the App much for it was always working fine prior.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums