• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Intermittent Wiper Speed In Highway Traffic

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

MrMegadeth

Registered Member
Houston, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
What sensitivity level are you guys running? I keep mine at the lowest setting most of the time.

Truck Norris

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So my scenario goes....

Setting - Mid to Low
Rain starts marginally, 50% of the time rain accumulates on window too much so...
Adjust setting to Mid-High.
Works fine, get some spray off of a car or rain marginally increases heavily for a bit, then...
Wipers go warp speed and I manually turn either to low/mid setting again or if there is enough rain, the manual low constant speed.

Rinse, repeat. Again, I don't think there is anything wrong in my case, the system only needs fine tuning or it rains slightly differently in my area than the rest of the continent. lol (j/k).

rgw

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So my scenario goes....

Setting - Mid to Low
Rain starts marginally, 50% of the time rain accumulates on window too much so...
Adjust setting to Mid-High.
Works fine, get some spray off of a car or rain marginally increases heavily for a bit, then...
Wipers go warp speed and I manually turn either to low/mid setting again or if there is enough rain, the manual low constant speed.

Rinse, repeat. Again, I don't think there is anything wrong in my case, the system only needs fine tuning or it rains slightly differently in my area than the rest of the continent. lol (j/k).
That basically describes my situation. This is the first car I've driven (I'm 62) where it's possible for wipers to vastly exceed the speed of the HI setting.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums