• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Joined the Club - 3.3T w/Elite Package

AdriaticBlueG70

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Nice summary, thank you! It helps to a newcomer like me getting well oriented. Coincidently, the configuration, which I am planning to order is exactly like yours, word by word. Even the color appeared to be the same. However, the price as configured shows up as 46K +. I don’t see any applicable specials. By doing it online I don’t seem having an option to negotiate. Your number is attractively lower. Any word of advice?
walk into a dealer and say you’ll pay $X.They won’t agree right away, but grind them down. Then, go to another and see if they can beat it. Especially now, no one is buying cars. You’ll likely get it at a better price than me.

Aquineas

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Georgetown, TX
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Nice summary, thank you! It helps to a newcomer like me getting well oriented. Coincidently, the configuration, which I am planning to order is exactly like yours, word by word. Even the color appeared to be the same. However, the price as configured shows up as 46K +. I don’t see any applicable specials. By doing it online I don’t seem having an option to negotiate. Your number is attractively lower. Any word of advice?
Welcome! Just a couple of thoughts. It's possible you'll get a better deal on a car that's in stock rather than an order car. For a car that's in stock, they're trying to get it off the lot and stop paying monthly inventory tax. I do understand having a specific need or desire for specific colors and options and have ordered cars in the past for that very reason. Just be aware that dealers will be trying to move inventory in a big way right now.

I also recommend buying the Consumer Reports up-to-the-minute pricing guide for the G70; there are often factory to dealer incentives available that you won't see advertised that it will tell you about.

16UltV6Guy

I quit!!!!
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Jax, FL
Genesis Model Type
Welcome! Just a couple of thoughts. It's possible you'll get a better deal on a car that's in stock rather than an order car. For a car that's in stock, they're trying to get it off the lot and stop paying monthly inventory tax. I do understand having a specific need or desire for specific colors and options and have ordered cars in the past for that very reason. Just be aware that dealers will be trying to move inventory in a big way right now.

I also recommend buying the Consumer Reports up-to-the-minute pricing guide for the G70; there are often factory to dealer incentives available that you won't see advertised that it will tell you about.
^ 2 very good points!

Redwing

Registered Member
Northville, MI
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

I'm in the "mine is on order" camp. I'm too old to not get what I desire.. though I'm waiting for it. I wonder how many are on the lot though. I thought S Korea slowed or shutdown for a bit so I wonder how the supply line was interrupted. I'm in MI and all dealers are closed for a few weeks so nothing is selling. Dealers are trying to get an exemption so that they can sell by appointment, but so far no word.

Aquineas

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Georgetown, TX
Genesis Model Type
I'm in the "mine is on order" camp. I'm too old to not get what I desire.. though I'm waiting for it. I wonder how many are on the lot though. I thought S Korea slowed or shutdown for a bit so I wonder how the supply line was interrupted. I'm in MI and all dealers are closed for a few weeks so nothing is selling. Dealers are trying to get an exemption so that they can sell by appointment, but so far no word.
The last car I ordered and waited for was a 1999 Mustang Cobra. The next car I will order will probably be a C8 Corvette. I want to take factory delivery.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I've never liked Corvettes....

....yet, I can't find a single reason NOT to the like the C8. Well done, Chevy, well done - you even won over a biased jerk like me. Too bad I can't afford one anytime soon. Haha.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums