• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Key Fob Battery Replacement

GennyFromDaBlock

Hasn't posted much yet...
Simply eject the trunk key from the fob about a quarter of the way and twist the key slightly, the battery cover pops off with no damage to the fob.
This works amazing! Oh, Hi everyone! I'm new here - bought a 2009 Genesis 3.8 with the Premium Plus package about a month ago. I love this car! Anyway, I replaced the batteries in both fobs this way...took all of 30 seconds.

radicaltimes

Been here awhile...
I have the same problem even after the key FOB battery was changed, the dealer is replacing the door handle . The door handle has the recieve that pickes up the signal fom the FOB. If you aren't getting a FOB Not Detected message when you try to start your car then the battery in the FOB is good.

Gen 4.6

If the battery in the FOB goes out...how do you open the door?

bcollison4850

I put a new battery in my fob and it still won't work. If I put the fob in the slot the car will start fine. I tried 2 new batteries and still nothing. It started acting like the battery was getting weak and then just stopped working. New batteries hasn't seem to help. Any ideas?

jstar733

The easiest way to open the key fob and replace the battery is to remove the key from the fob and inserting the flat end of the key into the opening on top of the fob where you removed the key.

gselvo

Los Angeles
I had the problem where my remote would only work intermittently. The dealer even replaced the rf receiver in the car and it didn't fix it. But I figured out the problem and the solution. The battery is too loose in the remote. Just put a thin spacer on top of the battery and put the remote back together. I used a small adhesive hanger piece that I bought in a roll at the 99 cent store. Has worked perfectly since. A design defect in the remote

gselvo

Los Angeles
Revision - smart key fob problem IS fixed!

I took the battery out again, examined the slot for the battery and decided my shim needed to be thicker. I added a second shim so that the total height is maybe 1/4" of compressible material, put the fob back together and Voila - it works perfectly again.

If it fails again I will let you know

CHuntMD

Registered Member
Maryland
You can also use thicker battery. The diameter and volts are the same.

A 2025 is 20mm wide and 2.5mm thick.
The 2032 is 3.2mm thick, same width.

Funny how both remotes died within a day of each other. One gets used 5 days a week and the other only 1 day a week.

CEH

G-260008

Simply eject the trunk key from the fob about a quarter of the way and twist the key slightly, the battery cover pops off with no damage to the fob.
THIS!!! Thank you so much for this. Totally cool information to know.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums