• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

LKAS Warning Message No Hands on the wheel

Dex13

Hasn't posted much yet...
CA
What is Openpilot?
The amount of steering movement required for my 2019 G80 (3,000 miles) to keep the LKA warning off at 70 mph would get me a pulled over for suspected DUI or a ticket for reckless driving. I'm not really interested in a $1000 add-on automated driving system like Open Pilot. I just want the feature to work as described. I got a followup call today from Genesis for the problem. I'll see if they have a solution.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

G-231473

Is there any way to shut off the "hands on wheel alert" on a 2018 G80 without the openpilot? I like the car but I'll never have another one if that racket can't be shut off.
GP

SuperKing

Registered Member
Vancouver, BC
Yea... Disable LKAS... Any LKAS system from any brand is going to tell you to keep your hands on the wheel. You can try GM's Super Cruise but that's sold as an semi autonomous driving feature while LKAS is a driver aid. I think even Tesla's Autopilot requires you to keep your hands on the wheel. You can't disable the nag without some serious hacking.

illusion209

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Its normal my car does the same thing if im super still holding the steering wheel. Give it a small tug and it will stop the warning nanny.

Dex13

CA
I wouldn't say it's normal 'cause my last Genesis with the same LKA system never had the problem. Like other owners have experienced, the warning only activated when you intentionally took your hands off the wheel. After test driving, the local Genesis dealer technicians didn't consider it normal either. As for giving it a small tug that doesn't work. I would have to make a major steering correction every few seconds. Anyway, with the "active" LKA mode selected, the steering wheel is constantly making small corrections to keep the car centered in the lane. I suspect the sensor that monitors the steering movement is the variable and at fault. Genesis has arranged for the local dealer to pickup my car next week for more trouble shooting.

Barham

Florida
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
As I have previously complained, my warning goes off all the time - even with hands on the wheel and making very slight movements on a straight highway - requires some pretty good steering wheel rock to turn off. If any dealer finds a solution, I look forward to hearing about it. From other comments on this thread, it is clear the not all the G80's behave the same. This is my biggest complaint about my Genesis.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums