• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Map 13.5 now available but I can't download it, says order already placed using this vin

Alfer

Registered Member
USA
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Did the install of 13.5 on my 2015. Opted to use the same SD card since I was too lazy to drive to BB.

The whole process is WAY to convoluted than it needs to be. Just getting things to download to the PC was a long involved process so you had to sit and babysit the process for most of the time, that was at least 30 minutes. The loading to the car was better but took yet another 30-40 minutes..

They really need to streamline things and not make it be so many steps and hoops to jump through just for a stinking map.

Miked218

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Website says 13.5 is available, but not allowing me to download it like others have stated...

View attachment 22270
Same thing I'm seeing when I tried yesterday so I contacted them. Below is what I wrote to them and their response below that. Hopefully it clears up what's going on and the confusion with this update.

GMA MapCare Contact Us
Model: G70
Year: 2019
Comment: Hello, Bought my brand new 2019 G70 in June. This website won't allow me to download the map update. I don't have the time for the dealer to do the update. I can do it myself. Can you either email me a download link or physically ship me the SD Card?
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here is the response I received this morning from MapNSoft (who actually runs and maintains the program and website for the upgrades)..........

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry, I would like to provide further information on the availability of the update for this vehicle.

During development and testing we were made aware of some minor software bugs introduced with the v13.5 update on certain radios, of which your model year is included. As a precaution we have suspended the availability of those updates until the issue is resolved.

Unfortunately, at this time, we do not have an exact resolution timeline for this issue. I recommend checking your Mapcare account periodically, as you will see a blue "Place Order" button when the update is re released. I do apologize about the inconvenience.

Sincerely,
OIiver

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Same thing I'm seeing when I tried yesterday so I contacted them. Below is what I wrote to them and their response below that. Hopefully it clears up what's going on and the confusion with this update.

GMA MapCare Contact Us
Model: G70
Year: 2019
Comment: Hello, Bought my brand new 2019 G70 in June. This website won't allow me to download the map update. I don't have the time for the dealer to do the update. I can do it myself. Can you either email me a download link or physically ship me the SD Card?
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here is the response I received this morning from MapNSoft (who actually runs and maintains the program and website for the upgrades)..........

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry, I would like to provide further information on the availability of the update for this vehicle.

During development and testing we were made aware of some minor software bugs introduced with the v13.5 update on certain radios, of which your model year is included. As a precaution we have suspended the availability of those updates until the issue is resolved.

Unfortunately, at this time, we do not have an exact resolution timeline for this issue. I recommend checking your Mapcare account periodically, as you will see a blue "Place Order" button when the update is re released. I do apologize about the inconvenience.

Sincerely,
OIiver
Well perfected answer to give someone the run around. :rolleyes:

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

Miked218

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Well perfected answer to give someone the run around. :rolleyes:
I've been in the IT industry for the past 23+ years so it makes perfect sense to me. I don't feel like I'm being given the run around or being setup for a run around. This is a normal occurrence in this field. I'm just glad they responded and gave me the explanation.

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
How was this a run around?
They have new software.
They found some bugs.
They stopped distributing the software until they fix the bugs.

What would you suggest they do? Granted software should always be bug free but that’s just a theoretical.
Not saying they shouldn't have pulled it. I know it takes time to find bugs in tens of thousands (or many times more) lines of code. "Please check back periodically" just makes it seem like the work is going to be put on the back burner, to me.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Not saying they shouldn't have pulled it. I know it takes time to find bugs in tens of thousands (or many times more) lines of code. "Please check back periodically" just makes it seem like the work is going to be put on the back burner, to me.
How much time does it take to find bugs? Thought so. Answer seems appropriate enough given the circumstances.

Miked218

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The site makes it clear that a "technician" will reply so.... to me.....that means lack of personality or customer service skills, people who deal with technology more than people. There is a reason why techs who code, code. It's usually because they don't like talking with people for one reason or another. I take stuff like that with a grain of salt but it's because I'm in the industry and understand how it works behind the scenes. I also understand how you and others perceive and understand their response as well. Just know it's not a big deal, they're not intentionally trying to be unhelpful. They just have different communication skills.

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
How much time does it take to find bugs? Thought so. Answer seems appropriate enough given the circumstances.
If you climb a tree, it shouldn't take long! How much time did it take for you to provide a sarcastic response? Thought so :thumbsup:

The site makes it clear that a "technician" will reply so.... to me.....that means lack of personality or customer service skills, people who deal with technology more than people. There is a reason why techs who code, code. It's usually because they don't like talking with people for one reason or another. I take stuff like that with a grain of salt but it's because I'm in the industry and understand how it works behind the scenes. I also understand how you and others perceive and understand their response as well. Just know it's not a big deal, they're not intentionally trying to be unhelpful. They just have different communication skills.
Understandable enough. Appreciate the explanation

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90