• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Map 13.5 now available but I can't download it, says order already placed using this vin

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Took this off the web.
Yeah looks familiar. I know it shows 3G or LTE briefly before just the bars. I didn't really notice the antenna. The new symbol is a different colour so it is more obvious.
Wonder if there are any extra services offered!
Engineering mode is asking for a PIN code now. So they locked it down. Voice search button on the rearview mirror is recognising weird street names better and results are faster!

mrcleeaan

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yeah looks familiar. I know it shows 3G or LTE briefly before just the bars. I didn't really notice the antenna. The new symbol is a different colour so it is more obvious.
Wonder if there are any extra services offered!
Engineering mode is asking for a PIN code now. So they locked it down. Voice search button on the rearview mirror is recognising weird street names better and results are faster!
Didn't know there was an engineering mode.. Darn. Lol

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yep, the old UI showed 2 signal strengths and the phone battery meter. Now just the Genesis Signal and Bluetooth connection-types.

I miss the old battery meter.
That's how much attention I pay to it. I totally forgot that there used to be a battery meter.
I do like the splash of colour with the new symbol though!
I also noticed the Pop-up Notification for text is a bit different. There was an option for Privacy Mode!

danygenesis

Genesis owner
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
That's how much attention I pay to it. I totally forgot that there used to be a battery meter.
I do like the splash of colour with the new symbol though!
I also noticed the Pop-up Notification for text is a bit different. There was an option for Privacy Mode!
What I noticed the most is that now on the map screen when you are approaching to an important road intersection appears an image on the bottom corresponding with the lanes for continuing or turning.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I've been requesting an update since June 3 with no luck. Not feeling the Genesis Experience love. :(
My last email contact with them was over 2 weeks ago. I just quietly arrived in the mail yesterday. Shipped from the US.

TO Genesis

Hasn't posted much yet...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Toronto
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Perhaps a stupid question but can the update be done while driving or do I really need to leave my car idling in the driveway for 35 or 40 minutes while the update is taking place.?

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums