• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Marrakesh Beige

Bourbonncigars

It burns when I pee...
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I saw a beige one not long ago in my smallish town. It was pulling into a bank and I saw how different it looked in sun and shade. Seemed to be a lot like the Manhattan brown in that regard. Absolutely beautiful in sunlight, but looked almost dirty in the shade/clouds.

UberGen

Registered Member
Virginia
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Well, I'm about to pull the trigger on a low-mile '15 5.0 Ultimate in Manhattan Brown. Never thought that I'd go nuts over a brown car, but that paint looks great and I love how it changes in different light and perspectives.

Whitey

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Saint Petersburg, Florida
Genesis Model Type

Bourbonncigars

It burns when I pee...
Genesis Model Type
Well, I'm about to pull the trigger on a low-mile '15 5.0 Ultimate in Manhattan Brown. Never thought that I'd go nuts over a brown car, but that paint looks great and I love how it changes in different light and perspectives.
My wife's previous MB Genesis under my super bright garage lights. Love that color...

brown waxed genny.jpg

Bourbonncigars

It burns when I pee...
Genesis Model Type
There she is.........!

What level window tint?
No idea. I always thought it was just factory. She bought it used. But now she has another '15 Genesis in the garage (white) and so do I (black). The windows in both cars look just like the brown one does in the pic.

Someone t-boned her and totaled the brown one. That was her color. She's still pissed about it and that was damn near a year ago. The brown was what grabbed her from the start.

UberGen

Registered Member
Virginia
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
No idea. I always thought it was just factory. She bought it used. But now she has another '15 Genesis in the garage (white) and so do I (black). The windows in both cars look just like the brown one does in the pic.

Someone t-boned her and totaled the brown one. That was her color. She's still pissed about it and that was damn near a year ago. The brown was what grabbed her from the start.
How do you like the black?

skipgen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
A brown on tan is a great combo - The 1st Genesis I drove was a 5.0 Ultimate w/ those colors. I was just "kicking tires" then & it got sold pretty quickly... Guess you could have called it the "gateway drug". I started my active search right after that...

skipgen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
My wife's previous MB Genesis under my super bright garage lights. Love that color...

View attachment 23961
ESG does that too... In certain light it almost goes blueish. I'm happy with it - kinda wish it had the Ivory interior though. I had black in my Infiniti but the Genesis black is more Charcoal. I can live with it though, the wood warms it up.
Genesis Pic.jpg

Bourbonncigars

It burns when I pee...
Genesis Model Type
ESG does that too... In certain light it almost goes blueish. I'm happy with it - kinda wish it had the Ivory interior though. I had black in my Infiniti but the Genesis black is more Charcoal. I can live with it though, the wood warms it up.
View attachment 23991
That was the color I wanted but the deal and timing on my black one pushed me to purchase it.

skipgen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Seems like you got a pretty solid deal, even with the miles. At that type of dealership, I'd have been comfortable with the previous owner as well. Odds are your timing was good, as only someone looking for a Genny would have found her there.

I haven't yet driven a 5.0 but from all the talk out here, I'd wished I had. But in the end, figured the 3.8 was enough and more mileage conscious, so will ride this one out for a bit.

Still needing to do tint and the new shoes, but luckily the roads down this way aren't too bad for the most part, although I have done-in a rim or two over the years.
Yeah... It's said that highway miles are only ~ 20% of the wear of city miles, so I felt pretty good about it and my mechanic concurred. I had only driven 5.0s and I liked the shove & noise. Doubted 3.8 would do it for me afterwards.

It was fortunate that it was at a Mercedes Dealer - people aren't likely to cross shop for a Genesis there.

My timing was good. I had been playing email tag with the sales guy on & off for about a month. He'd ask me when I was coming in to buy it and I kept telling him it was too much $ for the miles. Then he offered 20,500 in the email....

I was there the next day!

UberGen

Registered Member
Virginia
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
View attachment 23991
Dayum! Your ride looks killer here, friend. I've seen many pics of ESG but yours looks way better.
What level tint are you running? 35%

skipgen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Dayum! Your ride looks killer here, friend. I've seen many pics of ESG but yours looks way better.
Thanks!

I really have no idea what tint it is... It was like that when I bought it. I do know that the rears and back are a bit darker than the fronts. The previous owner knew what they were doing though and took great care of it - even had a full set of WeatherTech floor mats installed.

Bourbonncigars

It burns when I pee...
Genesis Model Type
Meh...who needs ESG when you've got a Manhattan Brown beauty sitting there reflecting the sunset...

359.JPG

Bourbonncigars

It burns when I pee...
Genesis Model Type
Yep... That's pretty sweet as well!
My wife loves brown cars and she was coming from a black '09 Genesis. She wanted that brown one when she drove up to the lot. Grabbed her and never let go. Until some woman hit her. My poor wife was heartbroken. She likes her current white 5.0 but she loved her brown 5.0.

Bourbonncigars

It burns when I pee...
Genesis Model Type
To show a contrast in the way this particular brown paint reflects, here it is on the day my wife bought it and right after its first wax job. Cloudy outside and the paint looks quite dark, but under lights....bam.

357.JPG
361.JPG

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums