Navigation system software update

MHT

Been here awhile...
Nav update failed. Dealer said that April 2009 map version that is in my car is the latest version under my Vin and there is no other update that will run.

nykerk11

Getting familiar with the group...
What year is your Genesis? If it's a 2011, like mine it didn't fail.

The dealer has to pay MapandSoft a fee for the license code to update your NAV. If the code is not entered, you can't go any further in the software update. Hence, the failure.

My 2011 V8 Genny is getting updated tomorrow morning. Will post final details.

MHT

Been here awhile...

The dealer has to pay MapandSoft a fee for the license code to update your NAV. If the code is not entered, you can't go any further in the software update. Hence, the failure.

My car is a 2010 Genesis 4.6 V8, build date Feb. 18,2010, map version
April 2009.
What was the map version in your car before and now?
The only thing I can do is to try and find another dealer but all the dealers I have contacted seem to know no more than my dealer. I guess I will wait and see what happens when the 2011 version comes out.
Thank you...................

nykerk11

Well once again the dealership made a mistake and my NAV didn't get updated on Friday. In fact, my car is still at the dealership since the disc is stuck in the slot and making the noise like it's trying to eject, but can't.

The dealership blames Map & Soft and visa versa. Of course, who is stuck in the middle driving a stripped down Sonata? ME!

The last time this happened, the sales manager made an executive decision and replaced my CD changer with one from an existing model on the lot so I could have my car back until they determined what they needed to do to get the update correct. Not this time for some reason. Really?

Now I'm being told Hyundai finally has new radios with the updated NAV software. I will know on Monday when it will be delivered to the dealership.

Really?

MHT

Been here awhile...
In my opinion this Navigation software update is a royal mess, there are now to many version. There is confusion between the update for the touch and non touch screen , 2009 ,2010 and now the 2011 enters into the picture.The update is failing and crashing systems because the incorrect updates are being run. Map&Soft and Hyundai are really no real help to the dealers and I blame them more than I do the dealers. Until Map&soft and Hyundai get their act together it's not going to be easy to get the update. My dealer is telling me that it is only when Hyundai issues a TSB for my Vin will I be able to get the update warranty or not. Why do the 2011s need an update? I would have thought that the 2011s would have come with the latest update.
As I said earlier I have a 2010 with a Feb, 2010 build date and the April 2009 map Version and although there are now two 2010 map updates out: April 2010 and Sept 2010 ,the 2009 Version is the latest for my car.
Bring on the Equus and now enters into this madness a $60,000.00 car.

STREETS

Registered Member
Connecticut
My car has been at the dealership since Friday doing NAV Map Upgrade. Friday- no workie. Re-tried Saturday- no word yet. Driving a new Genesis until they hopefully get it to work. There has to be a better way - this NAV upgrade makes no sense that it is so difficult.

Received recall notice in mail 2 weeks ago and had map update on Saturday. Took 5 hours (they had estimated 3 1/2-4 hours), and all looks good. The extension of I355 which was completed in 2007 and showed as a green field on my map FINALLY shows as I355!
Minor quibble:
My DVD-A's showed as "Unrecognized Format" until I actually selected one to play. Then it restored title, tracks, etc, one by one as selected. No big deal. Radio presets were still there.

June 2008 build, purchased (leased) in November.

nykerk11

OK Boys and Girls:

After nearly 2 weeks and driving the owners personal V8 Genesis as a loaner, Finally got my '11 V8 (w/ tech. pkg.) after the dealership updated the head unit which contained the NEWEST version of the map software.

My version now reads: 03.00.00.2009.08.25.14

That's the somewhat good news:

With this new head unit, I found out this is also the one for the Equus. Which confirms my question as to why I now have an icon for car height adjustment and shock "pod" monitoring. Not active, but they show up.

The bad news is - I lost the feature to turn on/off seat entry/exit convenience. Since it was set to on before they swapped the head unit, it still works. Not sure what else I lost yet.

Taking car back to the dealer on Friday so they can hook it up to the computer to determine if the lost features can be put back on and if the 2 new features can be activated.

The drama continues...

nykerk11

OK Boys and Girls:

After nearly 2 weeks and driving the owners personal V8 Genesis as a loaner, Finally got my '11 V8 (w/ tech. pkg.) after the dealership updated the head unit which contained the NEWEST version of the map software.

With this new head unit, I found out this is also the one for the Equus. Which confirms my question as to why I now have an icon for car height adjustment and shock "pod" monitoring. Not active, but they show up.

The bad news is - I lost the feature to turn on/off seat entry/exit convenience. Since it was set to on before they swapped the head unit, it still works. Not sure what else I lost yet.

Taking car back to the dealer on Friday so they can hook it up to the computer to determine if the lost features can be put back on and if the 2 new features can be activated.

The drama continues...
Took the car back and according to the dearler, they ordered a "new radio", as opposed to requesting a replacement radio. When it came in it was really for the Equus and '12 Genesis.

Apparently when a radio/CD/DVD/NAV head unit goes bad, you don't get a brand new one...you get a refurbished unit. REALLY! Are we there yet with that may bad units they have an inventory of bad units?

Anyway, based on the loss of options that I had with my original head unit, the dealer is ordering yet another "replacement", hence refurb. head unit for my car. Most likely I will revert back to the old map version as well.

Bad news - All the time it took and the loss of the new map version.

Good news - I get my options back I lost with the new head unit. I'm sure at some point Hyundai will want to make money and release a new map version for the '11 Genesis with the Tech. Pkg. And 2 new features for the new Genesis - car height adjustment and strut pod monitoring.

Hasn't posted much yet...
OK Boys and Girls:

The drama continues...

Just got my 2011 V8 after getting a great deal and making it almost half what my previous 550I. Mine came with the April 30, 2011 software version.

Everything seems to work great... so far.

XTM65

hello
i have genesis sedan 2010. and i'm iranian . i want av head unit update cds and maps dvd.
but i can't find it in iran can anyone send me the copy of it or can i download it from internet .
please help me i'm sooner
xtm1365@gmail.com

mydreamcar

Is it not possible to contact HMA support or engineering and get some good solid answers? I would think that with a quality auto like this, they would have finite support.

msitter

Registered Member
Greer, SC
If he is in Iran there is nothing that HMA can do to be of assistance other than put him in touch with the middle east Hyundai importer. Infotainment updates will be of no use to him if they are USA updates. North American GPS software will be lost on the other side of the world.

maniac1181

Would the owner of a 2011 Tech Package be able to post the following info?

HEAD UNIT (HU) S/W Level
UNIVERSAL TUNER AMPLIFIER (UTA) S/W Level
HARD DISC DRIVE MAP DATA (HDD) S/W Level

I' curious to know if TSB 11-be-008 updates to the same versions.

Thanks!

maniac1181

Would the owner of a 2011 Tech Package be able to post the following info?

HEAD UNIT (HU) S/W Level
UNIVERSAL TUNER AMPLIFIER (UTA) S/W Level
HARD DISC DRIVE MAP DATA (HDD) S/W Level

I' curious to know if TSB 11-be-008 updates to the same versions.

Thanks!
Had to drop by my dealer who happened to have a '11 4.6 with tech in stock so I did the verification and it would seem that the software installed during TSB 11-be-008 brings the DIS up to speed to the new capabilities of the '11 version.

Now I only have to find a way to get that update done as TSBs from the US are not valid for Canadian cars...

homeofstone

Registered Member
Athens, Georgia, USA
I'm getting ready to buy a 2011 Genesis 4.6 here in Houston. Have the nav issues been worked out by now? What is the current software version?

thanks
My 2011 4.6 has no nav issues. Purchased Sept. 2010. ver. is April 2010 which is the latest. Yor 2011 will come with the most up to date version. Read the post here about the Dunlop tires. You may want to include in your deal a better tire. Now after 26000 miles the tires were my only complaint which I have replaced.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.