Not a Good Day for my Genesis

Paraiks

Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
That does seem to be a strange way of saying things doesn't it. I'd expect most mid to large sized cars today would have offered just as much protection.

I'm finding that as much as I like the Genesis that it is a lot more car than I need and seems slow to respond at times. We still haven't found out if the car is considered totaled or not, but I'm doing some research just in case and finding it hard to find a replacement. A G70 or Stinger would be about the right size on the external side, but the cramped back seat and small trunk make them "no go".
If the car seems slow to respond at times, you might want to look into Pedal Commander. Check out the YouTube videos. I don't have experience with it myself, but I've heard good things.

NVABob

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Thread starter #22
I'm not having a problem with throttle response or xmsn response. It just seemed slow to react to braking and steering. I'd had the brake pedal replaced once and the whole system checked. Everything was reported to be fine, but it always seemed to me that the brake pedal traveled too far before anything happened, then when it began braking it would often grab hard.

NVABob

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Thread starter #23
It's official now. Got word today from the insurance company that the car is a total loss. Have been doing research for the last week to see what I want to look at. As much as I liked my Genesis, I don't know if I'll get another one. I need to drive a few other cars with the capabilities, specs and options I'm interested in before I decide what I'll do. Gut feeling right now is to downgrade to something less expensive if I can. Don't know how easy or hard it will be to adapt to something a little less luxurious.

Mike23g

Genesis Model Type
A mixture of rain, an SUV with a blowout swerving into my lane and clipping the car in front of me four hours from home ended up with my 2015 Genesis looking like this. The air bags did what they are supposed to do, so there were no real injuries other than the driver in front of me getting his right shin scrapped up when he hit the guardrail and my wife has a broken toenail. Our right front impacted the other car on the left rear.

View attachment 14788
Ouch, Gald you and the wife are fine. So sad too see a beautiful car look like this....

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
It's official now. Got word today from the insurance company that the car is a total loss.
In one respect, that is a good thing, assuming you do ok financially. No worries about a crappy paint job that peels away in six month or parts creaking, etc. Good luck with whatever you do.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Today I joined your club. Had a strange accident. I was sitting a few cars back at a light. The light turned green and the cars in front of me started to move. Before I could move, I see a car coming the opposite way on the sidewalk by the bank. Before i could move, the car came off the sidewalk, crossed over a temporary water line and came right at me head on. BAM!

I got out of my car and the other car took off in reverse and around the corner. It was leaking coolant so I thought I'd follow it to when it stopped. Seconds later, I'm still in the street and the car is now coming straight at me at a high rate of speed. I ran around my car for some protection. She stopped. A passerby got her to pull into a parking lot and since traffic was backing up, I pulled in too and quickly got a photo of her license plate.

In a couple of minutes there were two local police, two state police, a fire rescue SUV and an ambulance. The police gave her a lot of attention as she had some blood on her chin. They just told me to wait, meantime the EMS asked to check my vitals as a matter of procedure. While sitting in the ambulance waiting, I noticed she would not be able to drive home. Well, you can't hold the steering wheel wearing handcuffs! It was satisfying seeing her being led away in police custody.

Damage to my G80 is minimal. Grill, cowling, maybe the bumper. Lights work, camera and sensors work. Don't know if there is hidden damage.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Damage to my G80 is minimal. Grill, cowling, maybe the bumper. Lights work, camera and sensors work. Don't know if there is hidden damage.
Glad it was minimal. It could have been a lot worse (like totaled!). Even more glad you are in good shape. Be careful and look out for delayed injuries. Stay well.

NVABob

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Thread starter #28
Today I joined your club.
Ed, Sorry to hear that you've been in an accident with such a new car. That's a real bummer. I think you'll be surprised to see how much the estimate will be to repair/replace what seems to be minimum damage. I hope it all goes well for you. If the accident didn't cause the airbags to deploy that will save a bit.

Good luck.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Glad it was minimal. It could have been a lot worse (like totaled!). Even more glad you are in good shape. Be careful and look out for delayed injuries. Stay well.
I'll know for sure when I get up tomorrow if it is delayed pain or just the normal arthritis. I hope I can tell them apart.

It was like the wild west movie watching her take off in reverse and then speeding back. I do have to comment=d the police too. Once they arrived, it took them about 8 seconds to evaluate the situation with the other driver. There was also a witness that saw the whole thing.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Ed, Sorry to hear that you've been in an accident with such a new car. That's a real bummer. I think you'll be surprised to see how much the estimate will be to repair/replace what seems to be minimum damage. I hope it all goes well for you. If the accident didn't cause the airbags to deploy that will save a bit.

Good luck.
Yeah, no air bag. Looks like something you can fix for $500 so it will probably be $5000+

sgrenald

Hasn't posted much yet...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
It's official now. Got word today from the insurance company that the car is a total loss. Have been doing research for the last week to see what I want to look at. As much as I liked my Genesis, I don't know if I'll get another one. I need to drive a few other cars with the capabilities, specs and options I'm interested in before I decide what I'll do. Gut feeling right now is to downgrade to something less expensive if I can. Don't know how easy or hard it will be to adapt to something a little less luxurious.
A used 2015 can be had for under $30,000

Alfer

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Today I joined your club. Had a strange accident. I was sitting a few cars back at a light. The light turned green and the cars in front of me started to move. Before I could move, I see a car coming the opposite way on the sidewalk by the bank. Before i could move, the car came off the sidewalk, crossed over a temporary water line and came right at me head on. BAM!

I got out of my car and the other car took off in reverse and around the corner. It was leaking coolant so I thought I'd follow it to when it stopped. Seconds later, I'm still in the street and the car is now coming straight at me at a high rate of speed. I ran around my car for some protection. She stopped. A passerby got her to pull into a parking lot and since traffic was backing up, I pulled in too and quickly got a photo of her license plate.

In a couple of minutes there were two local police, two state police, a fire rescue SUV and an ambulance. The police gave her a lot of attention as she had some blood on her chin. They just told me to wait, meantime the EMS asked to check my vitals as a matter of procedure. While sitting in the ambulance waiting, I noticed she would not be able to drive home. Well, you can't hold the steering wheel wearing handcuffs! It was satisfying seeing her being led away in police custody.

Damn!! Glad you're ok sir.

Mr. Incredible

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

crazy drunk drivers.

Spanky61

Been here awhile...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Thank the good Lord above! I'm very glad you both are alright as well as everyone else.

Blessings and Peace

Try the Kia Stinger GTS 3.3T AWD if you're going to buy again. I was impressed when I drove one Tuesday.

1FstYota

Registered Member

Ed that is one crazy story, glad your alright buddy.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.