Performance bolt on headers group buy

Dreamsy

Getting familiar with the group...
LA
Man screw this. This is what happens with our cars. "Performance parts" just tend to die out. I'm just gonna get custom ones made I guess. Makes sense the only thing to do. :p

MR.KMAN33

Hasn't posted much yet...
DALLAS,TX
Do you have the Equus ,I also live in Dallas, Texas can I email you ? Trying to mod my vehicle also.

NSXNEXT

Registered Member
Never going to happen. No mfgr is going to put the $$$ into building a set for such a small population. There's just too much risk and too little reward.

j_fields1357

virginia
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
There is a company near me that said they will make a set of custom headers for me. I just have to find the time to take it to them.

R-Spec Steve

Vancouver BC
Genesis Model Type
Having custom made headers made for my R-spec. There will be no converters and the BTR tune allows me to tune it as such, should be interesting. Will let you know how it goes. The car is off the road for winter and is being used as a guinea pig. Happy New Year!!

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
The Genesis had so much potential, too bad the aftermarket never quite realized that.
Volume. There are a lot more Mustangs, Cameros, and the like to be modified. Just look at the demographics of the buyers.

Paul

Jacksonville, Fl.
Genesis Model Type
Volume. There are a lot more Mustangs, Cameros, and the like to be modified. Just look at the demographics of the buyers.
You're absolutely right. I should have re-worded my post. However, Hyundai didn't exactly drop the mic in regard to marketing the
V-8 cars.
They took a great car with super potential and when they dropped in the 5.0, they aimed it at the wrong market base. While trying to attract the grey-hairs in the near-luxury segment with it's E-Class looks and features, they failed to capitalize on it's abilities as a legitimate performance sedan. You don't put a 400+hp V-8 in a car unless you're trying to make a statement. However, their plan took a steaming dump just like Chevy's did when brought in the SS as the next replacement for the G8.

MG8

Having custom made headers made for my R-spec. There will be no converters and the BTR tune allows me to tune it as such, should be interesting. Will let you know how it goes. The car is off the road for winter and is being used as a guinea pig. Happy New Year!!
Id be interested in a group buy. if all goes well.

Chad86tsi

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I'll be making some for my own use. I have been making stainless manifolds for another niche car for 15+ years (Mitsubishi Starion) so I know what I'm getting in to. I pick up my '15 5.0 ultimate this weekend (yah, just joined the site today LOL )and plan to make/invent a lot of bolt on's of my own design. Not to profit but because that's my hobby. If they turn out well I'd probably make some more for sale, but I need to prove what works first. The stock design is typical low cost mass production, but it doesn't look like it absolutely sucks like some do. Gains may not be huge. Mods like this work best when used in conjunction with other mods.

I have some left over inconel mandrel tube bends I plan to use, but I may make a stainless pipe one too, something suited for quiet durable daily use. This will be a daily driver for me so it will take time to build and proof out, but I do have the means to get it done (full metal shop). I'll also be doing full catted exhaust system, and later a full aluminum intake manifold (no, not a just cold air intake). That is my other specialty.

You'll probably only find niche builders take on these projects, people that do it for fun, not as a business. That is true of my other market, and I like it that way. Less gets made for the car, but less garbage parts get made too that sucker good people out of hard earned $$. Cars like this can and do build vendor support, but it has to fine it way into the hands of home tuners/fabricators. they have to come down in price (AKA not new $$$) where risk/reward starts to make sense.