• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Pics of my G70

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'm not sure why tint on the sunroof would absorb heat over tint on any other glass on the vehicle. The point of the ceramic is to reflect the heat, not absorb it. If it was absorbing heat, wouldn't it be making your car hotter?

As for the sunroof itself, it's glass, not plastic, so thermal shock would be the only thing that could affect it and your car isn't going to experience 100+ degree heat and then near freezing temperatures within a few minutes.

It sure didn't look tinted to me from the factory.

:unsure:

I guess I'll report back in a few years with my results.
This is how it was explained to me by the tint shop....the moon roof is on top of the car which is exposed to the elements more. The factory glass up there is already much darker tint and the glass is normally thicker than our side windows.
If the inside of your car is hot and the outside of your car is hot, heat has to go somewhere. And on huge panoramic sunroof glass, this is an issue.
Our glass is small so it may not be an issue. But a good tint shop will tell you not to tint on top of an already dark factory tint.

WWIAFTM

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
What would you guys say is the rarest/least popular/lowest selling G70 color out there (US)?

At first thought, judging from the posts in this forum, I'd think the silver is the rarest. I've seen only a handful.

Siberian and Casablanca seems most popular followed by the Mallorca Blue and Himalayan, then the Adriatic and Havana Red, then the Victoria Black, then the Santiago Silver
I've never seen another one in Adriatic blue but then I've only seen two others total, soooo. :sneaky:

WWIAFTM

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
This is how it was explained to me by the tint shop....the moon roof is on top of the car which is exposed to the elements more. The factory glass up there is already much darker tint and the glass is normally thicker than our side windows.
If the inside of your car is hot and the outside of your car is hot, heat has to go somewhere. And on huge panoramic sunroof glass, this is an issue.
Our glass is small so it may not be an issue. But a good tint shop will tell you not to tint on top of an already dark factory tint.
Folks on the Tesla boards were saying they've had no issues with tinting their giant glass roofs. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I might shake my fist in the future at present me but we will have to wait and see.

mrcleeaan

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
On the subject of tint, my dealer threw in free tinting with my purchase. 1st installment, tint was too light although I said to make it the darkest they could legally. 2nd time, I noticed the installer did not remove old tint but put new tint on top of previous and he didn't do a good job of cutting, therefore there are light gaps at some edges and bottom. Terrible... I'm going to have dealer remove the tint and I'm going to take it somewhere else and pay out of pocket.

mrcleeaan

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
What would you guys say is the rarest/least popular/lowest selling G70 color out there (US)?

At first thought, judging from the posts in this forum, I'd think the silver is the rarest. I've seen only a handful.

Siberian and Casablanca seems most popular followed by the Mallorca Blue and Himalayan, then the Adriatic and Havana Red, then the Victoria Black, then the Santiago Silver
I know there was a poll of what color people would choose but what people actually purchased, not sure.

Mine is HG. Only seen two others on the road, a blue and red.

cvandenhaute

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Must be very different in other part of the country but other than my Mallorca Blue, the only G70 I have seen on the road here in Nashville was a HG.
If the dealer lots are an indication of the colors out there, in my area, I would say in that order: HG, CW, VB, HR, SS.
I haven't seen any blue cars on the dealer lots in TN (had to ship mine from out of state for that reason)...

KusaKusa

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Black, white, and silver definitely wouldn't be the least popular. People still like discreet car colors. I think black forest green and Serengeti brown would be the least popular :sneaky:.

Aside from cheating colors, I think that red and Adriatic Blue would be the least popular.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Black, white, and silver definitely wouldn't be the least popular. People still like discreet car colors. I think black forest green and Serengeti brown would be the least popular :sneaky:.

Aside from cheating colors, I think that red and Adriatic Blue would be the least popular.
From KBB
Popular Colors for Luxury

Silver is the main color of choice for Luxury vehicles, which make up 8.6% of the car market. Silver rose nearly 14% in one year's time in this category resulting in a whopping one-third of all Luxury vehicles sporting silver tones. Two variations of white made up another 30% of this category, leaving the remaining colors to round out the mix. An interesting observation is that black, which was once the premier color for luxury vehicles, has hit its lowest mark in years at 8.5%.
  1. Silver - 32.1%
  2. White Metallic - 17.7%
  3. White - 11.8%
  4. Med/Dk. Blue 8.6%
  5. Black - 8.5%
  6. Med./Dk. Gray 7.2%
  7. Med. Red - 6%
  8. Gold - 3%
  9. Med/Dk Green - 1.8%
  10. Light Brown - 1.7%

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Makes sense to me... Intelligent, sophisticated people choose silver. :yes:
So do all the lazy people that don't like to wash their car, and silver hides the dirt best. ;)
Makes sense to me....Classy, hard-working people choose dark blue :bow:

tompass

Been here awhile...
SC
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Ordered but have not taken delivery of exact same car/colors. Was not sure how the dark chrome wheels would look with the grey car but in pics, looks good. Wish they were a bit brighter though to provide more contrast. Are you happy with the choice?