Post purchase price details here (US $ only)

skitkap

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Coupe (2009-2016)
All in Atlanta. Genesis of Atlanta/Jim Ellis, Genesis of Roswell/Rick Case, Genesis of Marietta (I think this is what they are going t be called) but currently called Ed Voyles Hyundai.
Can I get a hint on which one took the out the door offer you gave them?

MeanMachine

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
And most likely doesn’t want to know. But we really need to get a shot of the paper to see exactly they try to sell.
So I don't remember everything on the sheet as I had no intention of buying any of it nor any real intention of listening to it at all. It really only caught my attention when he asked me why I wouldn't buy the maintenance. But here's the best I can recall.

It was a sheet with 5 or 6 packages, each declining in price and coverages.

The first one was around $4500 and included extending the bumper-to-bumper warranty to 10yr/100k miles, paint and dent fixes, window chips, 3 years standard maintenance items, key fob replacements annually if you lost one and maybe something else, maybe wheels and tires.

The next package removed one or two of these, and so on. The last two were stand alone, one of which was definitely the 3 year maintenance for $995. The other stand alone might have been the BtB warranty extension.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I guess I'll start this off. Brand new to the forum and brand new Genesis G70 owner as of about 2 hours ago.

Just purchased 3.3t Dynamic Edition, the limited edition red with the red leather stitching. It's for my wife and she didn't really care/want the Dynamic, sport would have been fine. She just wanted red with the stitching and the 3.3t. Can't find a sport right now in that color combo. All the track stuff didn't mean a hill of beans.

Talked to 3 dealers who had a Dynamic in stock and the first two wouldn't move off of MSRP, offered them both 54K out the door. Called the third one and offered them $54,000 out the door and they took it almost right away.

We did get the $1000 competitive discount so this equates to about $800-900 off MSRP plus the $1000 for a total of 1800-1900 off MSRP. I use a range because dealer fee, tag fee, etc. is a little squishy. The 54K includes 7% GA registration fee. We don't do sales tax anymore, they call it a registration fee now.

Purchase process was no hassle and the only upcharge they tried to sell us was a laundry list of various warranties. The "finance" guy had the nerve to ask why we wouldn't buy the 3 year pre-paid maintenance plan since we were planning to have it serviced there. The look on his face was priceless when I responded with "Genesis includes this for free, why would I pay you for it".
Which dealer did you purchase your car at. Seems like we are running around in circles trying to find out. You mention you haggled around with 3 of them...so which one did you make the deal with?

Thanks.

MeanMachine

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Whether I want to share that and with whom is my business. No one else has shared their pricing and now I see why. Share a little and everyone wants every detail. I won't be posting where I bought the car.

Last edited:

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Whether I want to share that and with whom is my business. No one else has shared their pricing and now I see why. Share a little and everyone wants every detail. I won't be posting where I bought the car.
We already know it was Ed Voyles...nice try. Editing your post gets you nowhere.

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

ikonn

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
LOL! U guys are killing me! Poor MeanMachine has the courage to begin posting about his US buying experience and then gets jumped on and criticized. Let the peeps post what they want. If there’s no response to a question, usually there's a reason, so no need to hound someone.

Re the topic about G70 buyers vs whatever the ‘norm’ is here, I’ll save my thoughts for the appropriate thread since we’ve already been berated for going off topic. And I’m scared of being criticized!

MeanMachine

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I've participated in many forums. Done here. I will enjoy our car and I appreciate the knowledge gained. Appreciate the support from ikonn. I hope not a dang one of you gets another answer regarding this topic and I certainly won't do it again. Bunch of (rhymes with ricks).

bthor

Hasn't posted much yet...
San Diego
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Meanmachine wont be back until something breaks & he needs to do some research on how to rectify it. Hopefully other people will be secure enough to be freer with their info.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I've participated in many forums. Done here. I will enjoy our car and I appreciate the knowledge gained. Appreciate the support from ikonn. I hope not a dang one of you gets another answer regarding this topic and I certainly won't do it again. Bunch of (rhymes with ricks).
Perfect

orion007

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Meanmachine wont be back until something breaks & he needs to do some research on how to rectify it. Hopefully other people will be secure enough to be freer with their info.
I urge anyone that can wait a month or two do so. Genesis sales are down significantly from last year. They will be begging people to buy these soon. I expect $10k off within 6 months much like Stingers. You won’t be finding deals under very much under MSRP since the car just came out. Last week of December should see some good discounts because dealers don’t want to carry the cars into the new year.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

skitkap

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Coupe (2009-2016)
I urge anyone that can wait a month or two do so. Genesis sales are down significantly from last year. They will be begging people to buy these soon. I expect $10k off within 6 months much like Stingers. You won’t be finding deals under very much under MSRP since the car just came out. Last week of December should see some good discounts because dealers don’t want to carry the cars into the new year.
Last week of December = good timing for a hopeful bonus at work. Could also use tax return towards a down payment. The dealers also won't feel high and mighty at that point since the national supply will be greater. You really think they'll be discounted 10k though? I could see 5k, but 10k would be nice.