Result of Sleeping at the Wheel

daviderle

Registered Member
IMHO both will be an excellent vehicle choices, however adding the ES350 F-Sport to the mix may spice things up a bit, especially if driving dynamics is an important consideration, as this trim also adds the Adaptive Variable Suspension into the equation.

ifonline

Been here awhile...
Braselton, GA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
As best as I can decipher, the F-Sport adds some specific features not available in other trims, but it also removes some features in the Ultra Luxury that I am interested in. This is definitely a bonus for the G80 Sport because it’s the G80 Ultimate plus additional features versus the ES350 that’s more like a fork in the features roadway.

ifonline

Been here awhile...
Braselton, GA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Well, I've been shopping around at a few Genesis dealers (of which there aren't many in my immediate area) to get prices on the 2019 G80 Sport. It's not looking good, and that's on top of the fact that there aren't a lot of G80 Sports out there to begin with. Prices are way higher than I am going to pay, and while I got one dealer down closer to reasonable, the price they are offering is still too high. The clock is ticking on my rental and mid-February isn't the best time to be buying, just in case I needed any more pressure.

The Lexus might just be what I end up with.

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Well, I've been shopping around at a few Genesis dealers (of which there aren't many in my immediate area) to get prices on the 2019 G80 Sport. It's not looking good, and that's on top of the fact that there aren't a lot of G80 Sports out there to begin with. Prices are way higher than I am going to pay, and while I got one dealer down closer to reasonable, the price they are offering is still too high. The clock is ticking on my rental and mid-February isn't the best time to be buying, just in case I needed any more pressure.
I don't know what type of discounts you are looking for but so far people getting the 2019 Sports are getting around a 4-6% discount before any loyalty/conquest/lease cash. Obviously that varies a bit by dealer but I would think 4% is quite doable.

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

The Lexus might just be what I end up with.
if it was me, I would be looking at a beater car for the interim and wait for the 2020 G80. . but that's me.

ifonline

Been here awhile...
Braselton, GA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Thanks. I'll get it worked out, even if I have to extend the rental on my own dime a bit, but this really sucks. Buying a new vehicle was nowhere on my radar, and yet here I am painted in a corner.

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Thanks. I'll get it worked out, even if I have to extend the rental on my own dime a bit, but this really sucks. Buying a new vehicle was nowhere on my radar, and yet here I am painted in a corner.

rental shouldn't be on your dime, well initially maybe, but the other drivers insurance should reimburse you 100%.

ifonline

Been here awhile...
Braselton, GA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
The rental is currently covered, but it will expire several days after the vehicle is officially declared a total loss. Anything beyond that is on me. Could I fight it? Perhaps, but the at-fault driver's insurance doesn't even have enough to cover both my vehicle and the vehicle in front of me because the G80 isn't a cheap vehicle, and that's not counting the cost of rentals and other expenses.

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
The rental is currently covered, but it will expire several days after the vehicle is officially declared a total loss. Anything beyond that is on me. Could I fight it? Perhaps, but the at-fault driver's insurance doesn't even have enough to cover both my vehicle and the vehicle in front of me because the G80 isn't a cheap vehicle, and that's not counting the cost of rentals and other expenses.
I don't know GA insurance laws.

but when was rear ended, I went through my insurance, the other party didn't have enough coverage to pay for the damage to my car either, my damage was north of $12K and he had only $5k property coverage.

my insurance went after him and his insurance, and apparently his father because the car was in his fathers name.

Just this week I got my full rental costs and my deductible back, My rental coverage was only for 30 days, and they had my car for 9 weeks, so I had 5 weeks out of pocket. As I understand from my agent, his insurance paid them the max $5K, in turn they paid me, as CA law requires I get reimbursed first from the settlement, now they are taking him and his father to court to garnish their wages for the remaining amount and attorney fees.

ifonline

Been here awhile...
Braselton, GA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I too am going through my own insurance and my insurance will demand reimbursement from the at-fault insurance company, but in my case the car is a total loss, not a repair. So once the car is declared a total loss, the insurance company is done. If they were keeping my car with the intent of repairing and it took months, then I certainly have a valid argument just as you did. But in my case, a total loss means that it's over. My car is scrapped, my lease is satisfied, and I walk away with nothing.

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I too am going through my own insurance and my insurance will demand reimbursement from the at-fault insurance company, but in my case the car is a total loss, not a repair. So once the car is declared a total loss, the insurance company is done. If they were keeping my car with the intent of repairing and it took months, then I certainly have a valid argument just as you did. But in my case, a total loss means that it's over. My car is scrapped, my lease is satisfied, and I walk away with nothing.
and since it is a lease you don't even get a payout for the market value to cover your initial down payment. that really sucks. sorry to hear about all of this. .

good luck with whatever direction you go..

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.