snow tires

TEF

Registered Member
I decided to go with Blizzak 215/60-17 WS60's on OEM Genesis 17" alloys. Paid $105 each for tires from Tirerack and $60 each for rims from ebay plus shipping. Mounting and balancing was $10 per tire. I am skipping the TPMS modules, however, I am hoping that pressure warning system is nothing more than lighted symbol on the dash (as it is on my 350Z). I am in NW PA, so snows are a must no matter RWD or FWD, so the Genesis is not costing me anymore than any other car aside from the larger tire size. Having always used Blizzaks in this climate, I am confident that the Genesis will work out just fine.

Disaster

Been here awhile...
I decided to go with Blizzak 215/60-17 WS60's on OEM Genesis 17" alloys. Paid $105 each for tires from Tirerack and $60 each for rims from ebay plus shipping. Mounting and balancing was $10 per tire. I am skipping the TPMS modules, however, I am hoping that pressure warning system is nothing more than lighted symbol on the dash (as it is on my 350Z). I am in NW PA, so snows are a must no matter RWD or FWD, so the Genesis is not costing me anymore than any other car aside from the larger tire size. Having always used Blizzaks in this climate, I am confident that the Genesis will work out just fine.

Good tires. I'm took the Blizzaks off my Acura for their second season and they still look and performed great. In Michigan, I wait till mid December to put them on and they stay on until late March. I store them in black trash bags to limit their exposure to O2 and light.

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

RogerB

Registered Member
JollyRoger, I can't answer your precise questions but I got 17 inch Goodyears for my 3.8 Genny at Commercial Tire on Star Top Road. The brakes fitted in there just fine. I just got ugly black rims. I paid $1100 plus tax for the four tires, the four rims, balancing, and storage of summer tires.

wallymn

Been here awhile...
MN
Bigger question is why? I can't believe you will save much money when you can get a cheap set of rims in 17inch for 89$ each...