SOLVED: Car Finder > 1 mile?

larrymg1

Registered Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Lexington South Carolina
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Somebody on reddit (johanbohn) gave me just the trick I was looking for:

“The way I found is that you can issue another command to it (such as lock doors). If you have the email notifications on it will send you an email telling you that it was successful and give you the nearby address. It’s usually very accurate and works no matter how far you are away in my experience.”

Just tested and this worked perfectly!
I have tried multiple command attempts on '18 G80 Sport I get the email, however, it does not indicate any location information? Ideas?

Your request for Remote Door Unlock on 01/28/2019 at 09:49 pm EST was successful.

2018 GENESIS G80 (KMHGN

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Don88

Getting familiar with the group...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Vancouver WA U.S.
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
How about this: On the App, bottom of the screen, select the map icon; Up comes a map, showing a blue dot. That is your iPhone. Now, at the bottom of the screen, select the car icon with the balloon hanging out of the window. Bingo! Your Genie. You may want to do this after sending a request to your Genie to ensure you are getting the most recent info.

larrymg1

Registered Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Lexington South Carolina
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
How about this: On the App, bottom of the screen, select the map icon; Up comes a map, showing a blue dot. That is your iPhone. Now, at the bottom of the screen, select the car icon with the balloon hanging out of the window. Bingo! Your Genie. You may want to do this after sending a request to your Genie to ensure you are getting the most recent info.
Thank you. That solved the issue.
Your request for Remote Door Lock on 01/29/2019 at 09:07 am EST was successful.

2018 GENESIS G80 (KMHGN.
Near xxx Harbor xxxx, Lexington, SC 29072, USA

Don88

Getting familiar with the group...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Vancouver WA U.S.
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Maybe just buy one of those suitcase trackers and throw it in the car?
G80Guy, that would be OK for the other folks but the Genesis Driver looks at his/her watch and sees it's time to head home; so, just bring out the cell phone, do a remote locate (the MRS left it nearby), then seeing it's about a five minute walk to your G, you can do a remote start. Grab your coat and hat, walk to your G, press the door lock button, open the door, get in and drive off. Suitcase tracker? The suitcase is in the trunk; don't need the tracker. <G>

But you do have a good substitute solution

P.S. If you Genesis wasn't locked, it won't start via remote.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.