Split dashboard

rezacha

Hasn't posted much yet...
Looks like a cut with a box cutter. Hard to believe heat would produce a straight line cut such as these depicted. Probably a lot of fixes, but I doubt the colors would even come close to matching. Wondering about the airbags beneath the cut. When the air bags blow, do they blow the dashboard panels off?

This tread was started on '15. Wondering if the OP is still around to tell us what the result of the fix was.

This is the problem with OLD threads. Perhaps one threads should be locked.
Thanks man I didn’t post any pics my “slice” is only about 1.5 inch. Just concerned with it spreading and not performing correctly in the unfortunate case that it needs to.

Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
I have a 2009 3.8 sedan with the same cracks on the passenger side dash. I suspect it may have been an airbag deployment issue but really have no idea. 175k on her.

Ruly

Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Have you had any luck as I am having the same issue. I feel that it is a safety issue and contacted the NHTSA.
I also have a 2011 Genesis Garage kept ( away from the sun, live in Fla) and I noticed a few months ago that the dash board has a hair line cracked on the drivers side air bag .The car has 80K miles on it but I agree on a manufacture defect , not sure how much it cost to replace a dash board

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.