• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Spy shots of the long-awaited GV80.

Agent Michael Scarn

Hasn't posted much yet...
I’m going to hold out judgment on the interior till the full reveal. A Spartan and simple aesthetic can still be luxurious with the right tech and materials. I’m holding out hope that the fact that these vehicles are the ones that have been designed and engineered from the ground up predominantly by “zee Germas” will ensure their success.

jayjayralph

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

jstein333

Baltimore, MD
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Liking what I'm seeing, finally Genesis seems to be separating themselves further from their parent company. Hopefully more dealers will be on the way as well.

Looks like the motor1 renders of the GV80 were pretty accurate. I pretty much like everything expect for the two-spoke steering wheel, and in some photos the door panels look a bit blank with certain materials, but can't wait for the reveal, which hopefully will happen soon.

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

danygenesis

Genesis owner
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Awesome pictures. Front grille is still too big for my taste, the 2 spoke steering wheel looks better than what I was expecting. Digital cluster with ccw RPM gauge continues to be weird to me (I know some others like BMW have them) but I don't like it. Rear end looks nice.

Last edited:

rxnov

Registered Member
Love the rear end. I notice they dont name their all wheel drive system "HTRAC" anymore. Perhaps Genesis is serious about seperating their brand from Hyundai.

I agree, the front grille is big but it doesnt offend me as much as lexus's grille does.

Now, the steering wheel. Seeing it up front makes me realize you really cannot make two-spoke steering wheel design aesthetically pleasing. But, I can live with it.

I cant wait for Charlie to review GV80 on his youtube channel. Thank you for finding the pictures @Aura

Last edited:

db2022

Registered Member
That would be great and I am pulling for you. But I have to ask, how do you “know“? I ask because dealers have said the same thing but without any apparent foundation for saying it.
I remember reading an article, I’ll try to look for it

Glaz

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Now this looks better. I think the White looks way better then the other color we saw at first. The Grill is big but every car manufacturer is doing that for better cooling. Back end looks good and simplistic. I still do not like the interior of the car especially the steering wheel I really don’t understand why they went for that wheel approach. Also Piano black is no bueno I can already see reviewers complain about it. So far like the looks but I still think in terms of Design BMW and Audi still lead.

db2022

Registered Member
Wow great find, thx for the pics and keep them coming! Genesis is taking is sweet time uncovering that car, leaks like this is bound to happen.

I Like it, I was very curious about the rear turns out I love it, it’s simple, they did a great job overall... except the interior feels a bit like a let down. Can’t wait to see the side profile

I wonder, will the interior offer ambiant lighting?

Last edited:

db2022

Registered Member
Now this looks better. I think the White looks way better then the other color we saw at first. The Grill is big but every car manufacturer is doing that for better cooling. Back end looks good and simplistic. I still do not like the interior of the car especially the steering wheel I really don’t understand why they went for that wheel approach. Also Piano black is no bueno I can already see reviewers complain about it. So far like the looks but I still think in terms of Design BMW and Audi still lead.
I agree with you on the fact that for me, it still does not beat the X5 in terms of design, but I’ll say it looka better than I imagined it, especially the rear. But interior feels like a let down, steering wheel is awful.

I do stress on this again, I really, really hope Genesis offers a sport version of this, it desperately needs one, they did with the g80 sport, why not with the gv80....

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I figured out the steering wheel...perhaps I am slow...dunno. At first I didn't like the 2-spoke design either. But...by having 2 spokes that mount to the wheel more solidly (thus eliminating the 3rd lower spoke)...the connection points can be moved downward. Adding a 3rd spoke would look silly since it would be so short.

This leaves the top visible area much more open to fully see the digital dash. That's my theory anyway.

Last edited:

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I agree with you on the fact that for me, it still does not beat the X5 in terms of design, but I’ll say it looka better than I imagined it, especially the rear. But interior feels like a let down, steering wheel is awful.
I think it's better than the BMW...perhaps even the Audi. Reason is...it stands out more. Nice and aggressive as well. Mind you...the X5 in full sport trim is pretty nice...but I just think BMW botched their cars the last few years (minus M4 and 8-Series).

Last edited:

Glaz

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

I do stress on this again, I really, really hope Genesis offers a sport version of this, it desperately needs one, they did with the g80 sport, why not with the gv80....
I hole heartily agree with you.

Glaz

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I think it's better than the BMW...perhaps even the Audi. Reason is...it stands out more. Nice and aggressive as well. Mind you...the X5 in full sport trim is pretty nice...but I just think BMW botched their cars the last few years (minus M4 and 8-Series).
I’ve driven the G05 X5 and it really is a well put together machine. Of course this is Genesis 1.0 on this new design philosophy and I think there is room for improvement. Now do I think it’s going to sell like cakes, yes, but in order for Genesis to sell more than the competition it really needs to prove itself. Do something like how BMW does every year which is a Experience if there models in various states. Show off the handling and performance capabilities of the brand, it’s hill climb assist feature and invite the competitors customers to see how it really looks and feels in person. People are going to still have the notion that it’s a Hyundai because that how everyone views it. I really like to see companies succeed because it helps with competition.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums