• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Spy shots of the long-awaited GV80.

Glaz

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
First pic is 2019 (which I never liked). My pic is 2020. That’s the difference.

Anyhoo...this is a GV80 thread...sorry for the distraction.

< 15 hours until reveal !!!
2019 was the start of a new Gen your thinking about the old Gen that in my opinion was ugly. This one fixed that.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Wow...Genesis S.Korea website has officially "shut down" everything on their page and only directing to the GV80 launch link. I have never seen anyone do that before.

You cannot access any of their product information, etc. A popup shows 2 pages that continue to work...but you have to copy and paste the URL's manually (Member's Mall and MyPage).

제네시스(Genesis) 브랜드 - G90(EQ900), G80, G70 고급세단 | 제네시스 (redirects to 제네시스(Genesis) 브랜드 - G90(EQ900), G80, G70 고급세단 | 제네시스)

And...someone hinted at this before (I didn't catch on right away)...but Genesis has redone their winged logo. More rounded, etc. Not bad...

Old/current...

Glaz

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Who else is skipping out on watching TV shows tonight in favour of the reveal?

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

mcornett

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I can get past the grill especially since we have front license plates here and that will break it up. The interior though, it just seems to get uglier and uglier the more I see it. Hopefully it really looks different in person because right now the GV80 is a no go because of it. :cry:
I don't mind the large grille at all. It's very 2020.

I think I need to see it in different paint colours to judge whether I really like the body shape (including the head / tail lights). I feel almost every car looks best in one colour.

I'm mixed on the interior. I like the simplified shapes, but there seems to be a ton of chrome trim. I am a bit baffled by the utilitarian power outlet caps in the rear seat.

I guess we will see tonight on Asian Petrolhead!

db2022

Registered Member
I can get past the grill especially since we have front license plates here and that will break it up. The interior though, it just seems to get uglier and uglier the more I see it. Hopefully it really looks different in person because right now the GV80 is a no go because of it. :cry:
I can kind of see what you are saying, one thing I personally don’t like with the interior, the storage under the center console, it just looks empty

Also one thing I definitely do not like about the exterior and that’s just a personal taste, the rising rear quarter window, it just seems strange on a big suv, especially they are accommodating a 3rd row of seating

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums