• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Spy shots of the long-awaited GV80.

XBOHDPuKC

Registered Member
Houston, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I think you are correct on that. Showed them to my wife and she already said we won't be getting one of those because of the way the seats look. I have a feeling those are the top trim but holding out hope they aren't and the pattern will be different on them.
I think that's exactly what the stitching looks like on the new G90... Not digging it much, but it won't be a deal-breaker.

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
I think you are correct on that. Showed them to my wife and she already said we won't be getting one of those because of the way the seats look. I have a feeling those are the top trim but holding out hope they aren't and the pattern will be different on them.
Interesting - does she not like the diamond stitch pattern (which is ubiquitous on luxury items, such as Gucci bags) or does she just not like how these seats look w/ that pattern (personally, I do like them for what they are)?

Guess there's no Bentley in her future? lol

Btw, here's what the seats looked like for the GV80 concept.

Not really my taste, but at least it's a different take on the diamond stitch pattern.

Last edited:

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

PMCErnie

Been here a long time....
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
It is something with the diamond pattern that she does not like and won't buy anything with that pattern. I wanted to get Merino leather in the X5 but the pattern is diamond-like and she nixed it. I really think she was just turned off when she initially saw it and didn't even look closely enough to see that it wasn't diamonds but it was not worth pursuing. ;) I have been showing her pics every so often and she is warming up to it so if we get another she may go for it. Artists LOLView attachment 22284
When my wife gets like that I just buy her a diamond.

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
It is something with the diamond pattern that she does not like and won't buy anything with that pattern. I wanted to get Merino leather in the X5 but the pattern is diamond-like and she nixed it. I really think she was just turned off when she initially saw it and didn't even look closely enough to see that it wasn't diamonds but it was not worth pursuing. ;) I have been showing her pics every so often and she is warming up to it so if we get another she may go for it. Artists LOLView attachment 22284
Got a chuckle from that - as being someone w/ an artistic background, artists like what they like and don't like what they don't like.

There are numerous seats w/ diamond-stitching or diamond-like stitching on just portions of the seat (even less than the example you showed), but I'm guessing those are out as well.

KusaKusa

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
GV70 spy shots, including a look at the seats. The grill looks like the G70's style except bigger, which is interesting since I thought they stopped using it based on the G80, GV80, and G90. It could be a placeholder, but it seems odd to use the G70 one even as a placeholder when they could repurpose a GV80 grill instead. The seats look similar in style to the G70 as well, but they are different and look much thinner. I wonder if they're lighter weight or help with combined front and rear legroom.

https://thekoreancarblog.com/2019/08/21/genesis-gv70-spied-again-including-interior/