Still in Break-in, need to take a long drive....

Ernie3647

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Middletown NY
100 miles to go, woot! Lol I'll probably take it easy until 3000 miles, change the oil, then let it loose.
I’ve had mine since April 23rd and still have 35 miles to break 600. As you can tell it doesn’t get driven much as our daily driver is our Santa Fe but it sure looks good in the garage. It’ll probably be another week before we take it out again and get past the break-in window.

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Fast. Very fast. It makes its best exhaust note in the 3-4K rpm range though
The real exhaust note or the enhanced speaker one...? Lol! I just wish the turbos were audible. I just came from a 2018 Camaro SS 1LE with adjustable exhaust that I had set to "track" mode. This thing sounds like a vacuum in comparison. Oh well. :cool:

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I’ve had mine since April 23rd and still have 35 miles to break 600. As you can tell it doesn’t get driven much as our daily driver is our Santa Fe but it sure looks good in the garage. It’ll probably be another week before we take it out again and get past the break-in window.
Drive that thing! I drive mine every chance I get when the weather is good.

Ernie3647

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Middletown NY
Drive that thing! I drive mine every chance I get when the weather is good.
I love driving the car but like you said the weather has to be good. It’s been raining quite a bit lately and if I’m not absolutely sure it won’t rain it won’t go out. Obviously a little over protective…can’t help it

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I he
I love driving the car but like you said the weather has to be good. It’s been raining quite a bit lately and if I’m not absolutely sure it won’t rain it won’t go out. Obviously a little over protective…can’t help it
I hear ya. I'm the same way about my cars. It's a curse because it causes more stress than fun. Lol I used to be a custom show car guy with muscle cars and hot rods and keep telling myself that this isnt a show car, it's just a nice car to commute with. Ugh, I'm still over protective and stress about it. Just not as much as a show car at least... I see dirty six figure cars every day driving in the snow, rain, and etc. I just cant do it. Lol

Soma

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I he
I hear ya. I'm the same way about my cars. It's a curse because it causes more stress than fun. Lol I used to be a custom show car guy with muscle cars and hot rods and keep telling myself that this isnt a show car, it's just a nice car to commute with. Ugh, I'm still over protective and stress about it. Just not as much as a show car at least... I see dirty six figure cars every day driving in the snow, rain, and etc. I just cant do it. Lol
Clear bra the thing and drive it like you stole it. A little water won't hurt it, but probably a good idea to keep it out of the salted snow

timezoned

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Mine has been sitting in the garage awaiting paint correction and ceramic coating. 123 miles total on the odometer and 3 weeks into ownership. Ceramic is supposed to happen tomorrow.
Ceramic coating is well worth it.
Drove mine this weekend (broke it in half way to New York. Yeah!). It got covered in bugs and other crappy things (pun painfully intended). Took it through a car wash where it was hand dried and man, did it ever clean up nice. NO water spots.

Truck Norris

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So.... mine is a DD, stored outdoors, have taken it down gravel roads (spun 3 tires up an incline in the gravel) and likely will put on 30k per year. Don't get me wrong, love the car to death but and definitely using it well!

That being said i'm at the point where I want XPEL pain protection film and/or ceramic coating for some piece of mine and additional protection. The detailing shop said go XPEL before ceramic if you can only afford one. Thoughts? (sorry for the thread hijack).

nellie1289

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Ceramic coating is well worth it.
Drove mine this weekend (broke it in half way to New York. Yeah!). It got covered in bugs and other crappy things (pun painfully intended). Took it through a car wash where it was hand dried and man, did it ever clean up nice. NO water spots.
I need to get inside the mind of how you seem very into the car with the ceramic coating and car care but then take it through a car wash. I consider car washes cheese graters!!

timezoned

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I need to get inside the mind of how you seem very into the car with the ceramic coating and car care but then take it through a car wash. I consider car washes cheese graters!!
I agree but I had no choice. Far from home and didn't want some of that crap eating into a fresh ceramic.
I took it as the lesser of 2 evils

Soma

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So.... mine is a DD, stored outdoors, have taken it down gravel roads (spun 3 tires up an incline in the gravel) and likely will put on 30k per year. Don't get me wrong, love the car to death but and definitely using it well!

That being said i'm at the point where I want XPEL pain protection film and/or ceramic coating for some piece of mine and additional protection. The detailing shop said go XPEL before ceramic if you can only afford one. Thoughts? (sorry for the thread hijack).
He's right. The xpel PPF will actually protect from chips and scratches where as the cermaic coat is more of a nice touch to keep your car looking good because it is super hydrophobic. You can actually put a ceramic coat over the PPF to double up on the benefits. Technically they both add a layer between the paint/clear coat and whatever touches the surface of your car, but the PPF is far thicker than a ceramic coat

19G70

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Wait for it.......

Attachments