USB Port Won't Charge My iPhone

TswanACE

Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
New member here, so excuse me if I haven't scoured the forums for thousands of hours before this inquiry:

I see in this thread what looks like an iPhone 6 directly connected to the Ultimate Genesis USB port with readings that I have never seen in IOS.

1). Is this a custom app for power stats?
2). My USB port reads an older iPhone 4 but won't even detect my iPhone 7. Is this a DIS issue (version 10 currently), a fuse issue, or just iPhone 7 having very wonky power requirements?

Going to test my wife's iPhone XR today to see if it works.

Suburbazine

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Louisiana
Genesis Model Type

TswanACE

Genesis Model Type
1. Thanks for the clarification.

2. Using a 30 pin for the 4s, and the same 30 pin + 30 pin to lightning adapter officially from Apple. Also tried the Hyundai 30 pin cable (from my wife's Tuscon) with the 4s and with the 30 ping to lighting adapter. Same outcome in both scenarios- 4s works, but no lightning devices work, and AUX is available when using the Hyundai cable with zero options to control tracks. I only use Apple-branded cables or ones that are directly bundled in with my iPhone, iPad, Apple TV or iPod.

At this point I have tried:

-iPhone 5
-iPhone 5s
-iPhone 6s
-iPhone 7
-iPhone XR

None of them are recognized via USB under the "Media" menu. Directly plugging in a Apple lightning cable naturally yields the same result.

With this data, I have theorized that USB obviously functions, but was not designed for the changes Apple made with Lightning connectors in general alongside the common complaints here about how the analog 3.5mm jack is expecting split digital audio instead of digital data on whatever number of the 8 pins provides it. Building an adapter could fix this, but I'm sure a software update in the Head Unit itself could also yield the same result.

I'd hate to bring out the soldering iron, but I might have to in testing this idea.

Suburbazine

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Louisiana
Genesis Model Type

Suburbazine

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Louisiana
Genesis Model Type
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.