Valet Service - Canada

Gianttama

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
^ thanks for the follow up. disappointing about the Santa Fe, even if you didn't use it. the promotions all say it'll be a Genesis loaner. i know Richmond has limited units in stock, but still. that was the promise so they ought to honor it.

for many years now i have explicitly declined a dealer wash with any of my services. i am always disappointed with the result, and have had too many instances of marring and poor workmanship. not worth the headache when i can do my own proper wash in 30 mins - which is therapeutic after a week behind the desk. plus, their methods can strip off sealant or wax protection and leave unsightly water spots, etc. i'll be sure to decline the wash with the free Genesis services as well.

i do take them up on a interior vacuum, but that's about it. the lot jockeys can't do too much damage with a vacuum, can they?

OP - curious what mileage or duration you are at? was it 6 months or kms that triggered your service?

also, what portion of the $220 was for just the oil change? i may do that after 6 months out of a habit. rumor is of a 12-month interval unless kms trigger a service before that.
See attached invoice, I think the oil and filter (is the Hyundai FU item?) Comes to $100 taxed?

Attachments

edyago

Hasn't posted much yet...
BC
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I had mine serviced when the mud guards came in and then a bit after that for first service so maybe it's a matter of them not having cars on hand anymore but I was left a G70 and either a G70 the second time or a G80 (I didn't end up driving it, didn't need to). This was with Genesis Richmond as well. They washed my car the first time but after that I declined the second and won't be letting them wash it anytime soon. It's just better to wash it yourself.

The guy also apparently drove it really fast the first time (it had just come out) and an employee said something about it to me. I think I said something the second time so hopefully it's not an issue.

Honestly, I'd prefer to bring it into my local garage instead to give them the business (which I ended up doing in December because I was almost due for my second oil change and Genesis only covers one a year.)

Toddasaurus

Robots, lasers, dinosaurs.
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I had mine serviced when the mud guards came in and then a bit after that for first service so maybe it's a matter of them not having cars on hand anymore but I was left a G70 and either a G70 the second time or a G80 (I didn't end up driving it, didn't need to). This was with Genesis Richmond as well. They washed my car the first time but after that I declined the second and won't be letting them wash it anytime soon. It's just better to wash it yourself.

The guy also apparently drove it really fast the first time (it had just come out) and an employee said something about it to me. I think I said something the second time so hopefully it's not an issue.

Honestly, I'd prefer to bring it into my local garage instead to give them the business (which I ended up doing in December because I was almost due for my second oil change and Genesis only covers one a year.)

Jeez. That's no good....and frustrating!

Thanks for sharing your experiences. Seems like all the more motivation to just do all my own oil changes, even though some are already covered (I like doing it on my own, anyway).

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

It is not one a year. It is based on your mileage.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Or 1 year if you don’t hit the mileage.
We in Canada drive!
Might as well just get an electric scooter for your coffee run...

edyago

Hasn't posted much yet...
BC
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
We in Canada drive!
Might as well just get an electric scooter for your coffee run...
I wonder if I can get the local garage oil changes reimbursed... XD But yeah, agreed. Canada's too big not to rack it up. If it weren't for work trips and having better all-weather tires on my other car (for the season), I think I'd be up to 25K KM instead of 20K.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I wonder if I can get the local garage oil changes reimbursed... XD But yeah, agreed. Canada's too big not to rack it up. If it weren't for work trips and having better all-weather tires on my other car (for the season), I think I'd be up to 25K KM instead of 20K.
I drive 700km just for work in a week.
My first service would probably be in the end of February or beginning of March!

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I am hoping there is just some growing pains with the new service and dealer method in Canada.

I have had two services so far on my G70 (10K and 20K) and both have been less than perfect.

Something to keep in mind guys is to record your mileage. My 20K service I dropped the car off (as it was on my way to work) and I drove their loaner to my work which was 28.5km and when my car was dropped off it had over 60km on it. Just an oil change. And my 10k service was even worse with more km and they accidentally drove down a muddy gravel road and said they were then driving around looking for a car wash but couldn't find one. So they offered to wash the car for me at the dealership which I tried to arrange and never heard back.

I think the big problem is that you are still dealing with a Hyundai dealership and service people. For Edmonton anyway it is Southtown Hyundai and I have been less than impressed with them. 20k service was better than 10k, so maybe the 30k in a few months will finally be acceptable...

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ yeah, reason #11 why i'll likely be avoiding the Valet service. the steel-wool washjob is another service i'll kindly decline. for the rarity of my services (i drive ~7500kms a year, so my interval is 1 year), i'll be taking the car in myself with a "no wash" tag. i can see higher-mileage folks using the service for the convenience, but not me. i'll find a couple hours in my calendar year to avoid my OCD of tossing keys to a lot jockey.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
My grandson worked for a different dealer. He borrowed my GPS for one trip to pick up a car and it showed a top speed of 123 mph.
^ jebus cripes! 123mph is quite the joy ride. my approach is to count on getting a guy like your grandson (i'm sure he's an angel in other ways...) and not the retiree who has no desire to get anywhere quickly. reason #14 why i will avoid the valet service.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.