Voice commands completely not working

DaveScottsdale

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
I have had problems with my navigation unit.

When I purchased my 4.6 Genesis with Tech package it included 1 year of XM for free. As long as my XM subscription was active, I had no problems with any of the NAVI features. At some point this winter, I started having problems with my voice command feature.

Sometimes I would press the button to give a command, and it wouldn't respond at all. Other times it would pause for a long time, tell me to wait, and then, 10-15 seconds later give me a beep. It would take the command, but the radio wouldn't come back for 30 seconds to 1.5 minutes. Sometimes the whole system would hang up, none of the buttons working at all on the system until I stopped and restarted the engine.

I took it to the shop, where they did their best, but could find nothing. It seemed a little ridiculous to make a big deal about this minor feature, so I just live with it, but it grated on me. The nav/av system for this car cost me $4000, I thought it should work flawlessly.

A few weeks ago, XM offered a free week of access and when my XM service reactivated, everything worked again! Woo-hoo! No delays in voice commands, no hang ups everything was perfect. When the week ended, and the delays and system hangs came back, I gave serious thought to subscribing to XM on one of their resubscribe offers, just to get my navigation working 100% again.

Then, last week my dealership called me up to offer me a free "Navigation Upgrade". They told me it was updating my maps, but it's on a series of 4 DVDs and the update takes hours. Clearly, it's more than simply maps. When I got the car back yesterday, the NAVI operated perfectly, with no lag. f you are having problems with your Navigation system, call your dealership and ask if your car is eligible for Campaign #P06, it fixed my problems.

Here is the link to the PDF for Campaign #P06:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1192285/Genesis P06 Campaign.pdf

Mike.

Hi Mike - I'm having extreme difficulties with my navigation system and in particular with the cheesy Alexa or Siri voice navigation system they chose to install in my new GV80 SUV. I am anxious to find that PDF you referred to because your link is bad. Thank you!

DaveScottsdale

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
I have had problems with my navigation unit.

When I purchased my 4.6 Genesis with Tech package it included 1 year of XM for free. As long as my XM subscription was active, I had no problems with any of the NAVI features. At some point this winter, I started having problems with my voice command feature.

Sometimes I would press the button to give a command, and it wouldn't respond at all. Other times it would pause for a long time, tell me to wait, and then, 10-15 seconds later give me a beep. It would take the command, but the radio wouldn't come back for 30 seconds to 1.5 minutes. Sometimes the whole system would hang up, none of the buttons working at all on the system until I stopped and restarted the engine.

I took it to the shop, where they did their best, but could find nothing. It seemed a little ridiculous to make a big deal about this minor feature, so I just live with it, but it grated on me. The nav/av system for this car cost me $4000, I thought it should work flawlessly.

A few weeks ago, XM offered a free week of access and when my XM service reactivated, everything worked again! Woo-hoo! No delays in voice commands, no hang ups everything was perfect. When the week ended, and the delays and system hangs came back, I gave serious thought to subscribing to XM on one of their resubscribe offers, just to get my navigation working 100% again.

Then, last week my dealership called me up to offer me a free "Navigation Upgrade". They told me it was updating my maps, but it's on a series of 4 DVDs and the update takes hours. Clearly, it's more than simply maps. When I got the car back yesterday, the NAVI operated perfectly, with no lag. f you are having problems with your Navigation system, call your dealership and ask if your car is eligible for Campaign #P06, it fixed my problems.

Here is the link to the PDF for Campaign #P06:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1192285/Genesis P06 Campaign.pdf

Mike.

Hi Mike - I'm having extreme difficulties with my navigation system and in particular with the cheesy Alexa or Siri voice navigation system they chose to install in my new GV80 SUV. I am anxious to find that PDF you referred to because your link is bad. Thank you!

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums