Well guess we are getting a g70.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis G70
using that link I filtered to the color she wanted.

it shows 2 at Huntington Beach and 1 at Irvine, however we were at both dealerships last weekend and they only have Black and Blue. and even if they do have the White, neither have black interior. The only dealerships showing wht/blk/rwd are Victorville and Bakersfield, which didn't come up when I put in my home zip (zip I gave you was work).

sent an email to Genesis of Victorville and Bakersfield, not looking forward to the 100+ mile drive to either though.
Think of it as 100 miles closer to the car being broken in

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis G70
using that link I filtered to the color she wanted.

it shows 2 at Huntington Beach and 1 at Irvine, however we were at both dealerships last weekend and they only have Black and Blue. and even if they do have the White, neither have black interior. The only dealerships showing wht/blk/rwd are Victorville and Bakersfield, which didn't come up when I put in my home zip (zip I gave you was work).

sent an email to Genesis of Victorville and Bakersfield, not looking forward to the 100+ mile drive to either though.
They may have those other cars on order but not received yet. Why dont you just order exactly what you want? May have to wait 90 days or so, but at least you'll get exactly what you want. I've ordered several cars which is kinda fun and ensures they dont get test driven.

Last edited:

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis G80 Sport

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis G70
it's a consideration. But in doing so we might lose any incentives that are offered as dealer/manufacturer incentives are typically only for vehicles in inventory.
Not totally accurate. Every car or truck I've ever ordered, I recieved at least the price of the deal at time of deposit, but more often than not, I've had additional savings at time of delivery due to better incentives available at that time. They wont lose a guaranteed deal over a couple hundred or thousand bucks.

JeremyTD

Registered Member
Indianapolis
Genesis G70
interesting,, never bought a vehicle out of state before.. have to find out what idiocy is required in CA for it..
So that’s a hard no? I can’t drive your wife’s new car cross country for her? LOL!

Back on topic: I bought my car in Louisville, Kentucky (I’m in the Indianapolis area) and Indiana required an inspection that I had to send to Kentucky to release the title work. Nothing major but extra steps, so definitely find out CA requirements if you decide not to stay in state.

I also have to say it was fun to drive the Genesis home and test out all the new (to me) safety features etc. on the highway.

pulsar

SUSTAINING MEMBER
DFW, TX
Genesis G70
it's a consideration. But in doing so we might lose any incentives that are offered as dealer/manufacturer incentives are typically only for vehicles in inventory.
My dealer ordered exactly what I wanted for my 2020 G70. No port installed crap basically. Car was only on my dealers lot for a couple of days before I took delivery. I got all the available incentives and circle A. There was a little bit of a hiccup since the vehicle was so new to my dealers inventory, it did not show up at first for circle A and some incentives. Dealer worked with me on all that so I could take delivery at that time with all discounts and incentives and we fixed the paperwork the next week when the car officially showed in inventory.

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis G70
interesting,, never bought a vehicle out of state before.. have to find out what idiocy is required in CA for it..
I think you have to go to the DMV and do paperwork, smog, and maybe some other vehicle inspection. Looked like a PITA to me when I was waiting for the CA G70 release so I just kept waiting. There's no point in doing all the heavy lifting. Find a dealer that says they'll do Circle A (assuming you have access to this as many here did/do), make it plain as day that you're ready to buy at that price (less incentives), and have them do the heavy lifting finding the spec you want. Much easier for them to do a dealer swap before cars are shipped from port, because it'd be no added cost. You might have to wait a few weeks, but if they really want the sale, they'll try to find one ASAP.

I had 3-4 dealers do this for me simultaneously in addition to my own searching and it worked wonders

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis G70

If it's anything like Oregon, then you'll be at the mercy of whomever is behind the desk at the DMV. Make sure you bring everything - all sales documents, proof of paying purchase tax, insurance, and the declaration of origin, and then you're set! But don't be surprised if the DMV clerk decides that something isn't correct, such as the origin document saying Genesis but the sales document saying Hyundai, then you'll have to get a signed document from your dealer saying that they are, in fact, a Genesis dealer despite the Hyundai name. Of course, after you remedy this and come back to the DMV desk, a different clerk will tell you that you f*cked something else up about the lien holder information; but, don't be silly and ask them to tell you EVERYTHING you need to know to properly process it, or something equivalently ridiculous that their job should entail, because if they even get a whiff of you trying to hold them accountable for what they tell you they will literally kick you out of the door.

Haha. All those things happened to me for buying out of state. And honestly, it all could've been avoided had my DMV actually been staffed with helpfully competent people that could've given me all of the correct information from the beginning.

JeremyTD

Registered Member
Indianapolis
Genesis G70
If it's anything like Oregon, then you'll be at the mercy of whomever is behind the desk at the DMV. Make sure you bring everything - all sales documents, proof of paying purchase tax, insurance, and the declaration of origin, and then you're set! But don't be surprised if the DMV clerk decides that something isn't correct, such as the origin document saying Genesis but the sales document saying Hyundai, then you'll have to get a signed document from your dealer saying that they are, in fact, a Genesis dealer despite the Hyundai name. Of course, after you remedy this and come back to the DMV desk, a different clerk will tell you that you f*cked something else up about the lien holder information; but, don't be silly and ask them to tell you EVERYTHING you need to know to properly process it, or something equivalently ridiculous that their job should entail, because if they even get a whiff of you trying to hold them accountable for what they tell you they will literally kick you out of the door.

Haha. All those things happened to me for buying out of state. And honestly, it all could've been avoided had my DMV actually been staffed with helpfully competent people that could've given me all of the correct information from the beginning.
Dude preaching like we don't have license branches in the 49 other states. ;)

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis G70
Dude preaching like we don't have license branches in the 49 other states. ;)
I'm retired military and I bought cars out of state all the time. Most dealerships across the country can register your car wherever you want them to as long as you have proof of residency.

JeremyTD

Registered Member
Indianapolis
Genesis G70
I couldn't agree more. You can buy a car in any state and register it in any state providing you follow all local laws/procedures to do so.

I was jokingly referencing that ol' trope that employees at license branches don't know what they're doing. I think Todd experienced something many of us can relate to when dealing with our own license branches.....in the other 49 states.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis G70
Funny story...I swear...it's true.

So...when I first moved to Richmond, VA from Toronto (holy crap...20 years now)...I had to go to the DMV to get my VA license.

I did all my research...and was told that I may have to take an eye exam...perhaps a written test...perhaps even a driving test. Heck...I even heard that I may have to hand in my Ontario license.

Anyhoo...hit the big DMV on W.Broad (anyone who lives here knows it)...it's massive.

Lady of non-caucasian decent called me up. Sweet as can be. Told her I moved from Ontario, etc...showed her my license. She looked at me kinda dumbfounded...and asked if Ontario was a northern State. I paused...and said "yes". She gave my my VA license and I was out the door.

Fme sideways. I've been telling that story every since I moved here...LOL.

tarhoosier

Registered Member
Charlotte
Genesis G70
I had business in Montréal and occasional checks from Gouvernement du Canada for tax overpayment. Took one to local financial institution and teller could not determine the paying bank. "There is no bank. It is from the government." I patiently explain. "Oh, I see. It is from Canadia"
Yes, yes you see quite well. Money, please.
Also (sadly) true.

ikonn

Registered Member
No Genesis Yet!
“Lady of non-caucasian decent”??

What kind of racist bullsht is this? What does her skin color have to do with the fact that she is ignorant and has a terrible job at the DMV?

Normally I get annoyed by people that play the race card but then I read nonsense like this and I completely get it. Systemic. And then a bunch of you up vote it? Really?

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis G80
Hey, she was sweet as can be.

Don't think there was any ill intent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums