What was the OTD (out the door) price for your Genesis G70?

dnlnnhs

Genesis G70
Wow...$10k off sticker! How’d you manage that? Was it a loaner?
All the Michigan dealers had a special instant rebate last Sep-Oct, an extra $5,000 off because Mich is a "big 3" state (GM, Ford, Chrysler). Not that any car from those companies could compete, but I took the deal!

Hellothere

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis G70
Canada, purchased in Ontario.

2020 Genesis G70 Sport 3.3T AWD in Siberian Ice. Purchased for Canada's price of $58,000 CAD. I was able to get $1,000 + 10% off accessories, this was given as a cheque and not off the actual pricing. This meant I still had to pay the interest total of $58,000 plus tax.

Financed at 2.4% back in June, 2019. Now the interest rate is 0.9%, kinda sucks since I didn't get the 2020 feature for locking all doors using the power trunk feature until end of 2019 when interest rate fell to 1.4%.

graemebiggs

Genesis G70
2019 Elite RWD - $36,000 + TTL = $37,800 OTD.
Replying to give more details:

Purchased February EOM.

Sticker: $46,770
Purchase Price: $36,000
TTL: $1,800
OTD: $37,800

Financed with Genesis Finance for 0.9% APR for 72 months (3 year initial w/ balloon). Price included Genesis balloon discount and 1k conquest offer for owning a Hyundai.

lyjw88

Registered Member
Replying to give more details:

Purchased February EOM.

Sticker: $46,770
Purchase Price: $36,000
TTL: $1,800
OTD: $37,800

Financed with Genesis Finance for 0.9% APR for 72 months (3 year initial w/ balloon). Price included Genesis balloon discount and 1k conquest offer for owning a Hyundai.
Did you get any rebates?

tarhoosier

Registered Member
Charlotte
Genesis G70
I cannot say if this is worth a separate thread. With the situation now and the foreseeable future, how will this affect residual values of our cars, and by extension all cars. Sales of our car will be far below even the relatively meager level achieved to this point of 10,000/year or so in the future. Will eventual rarity have an effect? Will new cars become less common, less desired in the year or two ahead with so much dislocation in the employment zone? Will the stated residual value calculated at lease inception be recognized soon as a foolhardy exercise? Genesis must be considering the long term situation even now.

Genesis2337

Registered Member
Burleson, TX
Genesis G70
^Nice work. Right now is a crazy good time to buy, it seems like.
Thanks Toddasaurus
I didn’t tell them I use to sell Hyundai/Genesis until I got to the finance office. Me and the finance guy talked for probably 45min and I got him to strip every little back end product down to the bone. I bought a 100k extended warranty, Gap insurance, and a wheel & tire road hazard warranty for close to $3,000 that I can cancel anytime after 120 days. I would highly recommend buying a extended warranty to have piece of mind. When I sold cars there were a handful of times when Toyota, Hyundai weren’t going to cover repairs but their extended warranty company would cover the expense.

Genesis2337

Registered Member
Burleson, TX
Genesis G70
Buying an extended warranty from the dealer is another convo for another time but hot damn that deal is awesome. As time goes on I bet we see better and better deals which is making me reconsider my 7-10 year purchase commitment :p
Yes I would recommend searching for the perfect car fit and then contact the dealership and see what kind of pricing they offer. I have a few other friends still in the car business and they’re telling me that people are getting approvals and discounts that 3months prior they weren’t even entertaining. On the flip side I’ve also herd that in the next month or so some of the banking institutions are actually going to make it harder to get approvals on good interests rates for auto loans. I would expect April to be the peak month for discounts and easier approvals on remaining 2019 Genesis models. Furthermore used car values have seemed to drop too, but there’s the old saying “You’re current car’s value will never be worth more right now than it is today”

Fromsfca

Registered Member
Louisville, KY
Genesis G70
2019 G70 3.3T AWD - Sport (includes Elite and Premium)
40 miles on the clock, with ESC kicking in on drivetrain years 6 through 10 (non-CPO: replaced battery, resurfaced rotors and replaced brake pads, and changed oil and filter)
$41.250 sticker plus $2,700 tax, license
And, they kicked in all season floor mats

videopho

Huey Gunner
DFW TX
Genesis G70
2019 3.3T Dynamic with 72 miles. OTD 38500 including the window tints. Financed 25K and the rest was deducted from the trade off my '13 genesis r-spec.

smith6cr

I'm negotiating on a 2019 3.3T Dynamic with 150 miles on it. I've been trying to drive a deal at 43,000 OTD. Based on what others are paying, its definitely possible. The dealer hinted at maybe waiting until May when new rebates might be taking effect. I'm not really interested in paying much more for a 2019 model in the middle of economic downturn.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis G70
I'm negotiating on a 2019 3.3T Dynamic with 150 miles on it. I've been trying to drive a deal at 43,000 OTD. Based on what others are paying, its definitely possible. The dealer hinted at maybe waiting until May when new rebates might be taking effect. I'm not really interested in paying much more for a 2019 model in the middle of economic downturn.
Be even more aggressive. Tell them you'll give them 40,000 OTD, today. They've got to be desperate to sell right now! If they say no, then it's their loss. Be patient, and let them call you back with an offer.

smith6cr

I spoke with two dealers on 2019 models with 43k OTD cash offers. Neither one was willing to deal yet. We were off about $2,000-3,000 in difference. They were wiling to come down to 46k OTD ballpark. I told them to please let me know if they change their minds based on the May rebates and I can move quickly.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis G70
I spoke with two dealers on 2019 models with 43k OTD cash offers. Neither one was willing to deal yet. We were off about $2,000-3,000 in difference. They were wiling to come down to 46k OTD ballpark. I told them to please let me know if they change their minds based on the May rebates and I can move quickly.
Huh. They're dumb. You can definitely get a better deal than what they're trying to give you. I'd check out other dealers.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums