• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

XM "Traffic" & "Nav Traffic Info" Problem.

tompass

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
SC
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Have been in SC for month and no traffic icon. Tried 10 times with signal refresh etc but nothing. Now I am being told that radio needs software update which I do not believe. Seems other have had problems in certain states also.

JasTheAce

Registered Member
Have been in SC for month and no traffic icon. Tried 10 times with signal refresh etc but nothing. Now I am being told that radio needs software update which I do not believe. Seems other have had problems in certain states also.
1) Has the traffic ever worked?
2) Does xm confirm you have the right package with navtraffic?

tompass

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
SC
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Traffic worked until recently. Yes, package confirmed with XM. Giving me a $20 credit but I still do not have traffic. Is anyone aware of some software update for 2011 radio. I know there was a problem in 2009.

JasTheAce

Registered Member
Traffic worked until recently. Yes, package confirmed with XM. Giving me a $20 credit but I still do not have traffic. Is anyone aware of some software update for 2011 radio. I know there was a problem in 2009.
If you are under warranty I would take it in and let a dealer sort it out

tompass

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
SC
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Will do that when I return home. I have searched and have not found any reference to need to update the radio in the 2011. There was an issue for 2009 though. What I do not want to hear from dealer is that they are not aware of any software update for the radio then it is back the crazies at XM!

mikec

Registered Member
SoCal
Check your "home state" setting in the Nav system. If that isn't defined the XM nav traffic sometimes won't initialize for some moronic reason. The dealers are supposed to check/set this as part of dealer prep and whenever the system gets a software update (which clears the memory).

mike c.

tompass

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
SC
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Crossed over into NC from SC on way back to NJ and for some reason, the traffic icon reappeared. Still did not get any traffic info though. I don't think the option is worth the money.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums