12.5 Map Update

Hueydriver

Registered Member
Miramar, Florida
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Got the map update today for my 2018 G80 with the 8” screen. Took exactly 50 minutes to load from start to finish and the best part: did not lose any of the presets!

StarPower

Registered Member
Virginia
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
What I've noticed so far with the 12.5 update on a G80 Ultimate:
  1. Radio volume decreases when putting the vehicle in reverse. Previously the volume did not decrease.
  2. CarPlay now briefly shows track name and artist name when viewing any screen other than the CarPlay screen. Previously only the track name and shuffle/random icons were displayed.
  3. The map has a slightly different color scheme.
  4. When not moving (perhaps when in park specifically) the map shows a search box in the upper right corner. Previously there was no search box.
I've noticed a couple more on mine after updating from 10.5 to 12.5 (2015 5.0 Ultimate with the 9.2" screen and jog dial):
  • The Climate screen no longer displays which vents are currently active; it used to display an arrow to indicate flow from a vent.
  • Browsing USB music by artist has changed. It used to browse by artist, then album. Now, selecting an artist plays all of the songs by that artist.
  • Different inputs (AM/FM, SXM, USB, etc) each remember their own volume setting.
  • When switching songs, the track name is briefly displayed at the top of the navigation screen.
  • The navigation screen in night mode seems a lot brighter than it used to be.

hrdc69

Registered Member
. I recall the financier saying unlimited map upgrades after we purchased the 10/100K Bumper to Bumper Warranty. Of course I have a Platinum bumper to bumper warranty and it also extended this for the entire 10 year ownership of the car [/QUOTE said:
I also have the 10 year Platinum bumper to bumper warranty and nowhere do I see in the warranty papers I am entitled to unlimited map upgrades. I also called 800-477-8089 which is the HPP claim division and he said the Platinum bumper to bumper warranty is a mechanical breakdown policy and does not provide for upgrades of any kind.

If you have any info that says Platinum owners are entitled to free map upgrades please let me know. I realize you said the financier said it includes free map upgrades but that may have been the case of a salesman stretching the truth in order to get a sale?

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I've noticed a couple more on mine after updating from 10.5 to 12.5 (2015 5.0 Ultimate with the 9.2" screen and jog dial):
  • The Climate screen no longer displays which vents are currently active; it used to display an arrow to indicate flow from a vent.
  • Browsing USB music by artist has changed. It used to browse by artist, then album. Now, selecting an artist plays all of the songs by that artist.
  • Different inputs (AM/FM, SXM, USB, etc) each remember their own volume setting.
  • When switching songs, the track name is briefly displayed at the top of the navigation screen.
  • The navigation screen in night mode seems a lot brighter than it used to be.

climate screen does display the active vents (arrow) when in manual mode, never did in Auto mode, still doesn't

phil1980

Getting familiar with the group...
Did anyone have any issues with car iPhone integration after updating? Caller ID doesn't work properly on the dash screen (shows some random numbers and letters instead of contact name), CarPlay forces iPhone (6S) to restart, Spotify screen shows empty black area until I unplug the phone cable and plug it back in, phone app on the phone freezes etc.

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Did anyone have any issues with car iPhone integration after updating? Caller ID doesn't work properly on the dash screen (shows some random numbers and letters instead of contact name), CarPlay forces iPhone (6S) to restart, Spotify screen shows empty black area until I unplug the phone cable and plug it back in, phone app on the phone freezes etc.
No issues with a 6s or 8plus, might try to reset your phone.

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Did that 5 times voluntarily and another 15 happened by itself. The worst part I don't know how to reinstall the update or roll back to the previous one.
I mean wipe the iPhone and reload it either from backup or fresh. iPhones don’t auto reset

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
It's usually called backup and restore. Reset in Settings just clears your preferences.

Why would I do it if it worked fine before 12.5 and still works fine with our second CarPlay vehicle? The phone bugs only when connected to the car over a cord.
You didn’t say all of that before. Information always helps.

Don’t know what to tell you then.

hrdc69

Registered Member
I have a question for anyone who has got the new 12.5 update. I have a 2015 Ultimate and as things stand now the blind spot signals are included in the heads on display as if a car approaches the blind spot on either side of the car icon in the HUD displays a yellow icon.

I thought I read somewhere that the new 12.5 update takes away the blind spot monitoring in the HUD and just leaves it in the side mirrors which is not nearly as desirable as having it display in the HUD. So if anyone can confirm the blind spot still displays in the HUD after the 12.5 update I would appreciate it. Thanks

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I have a question for anyone who has got the new 12.5 update. I have a 2015 Ultimate and as things stand now the blind spot signals are included in the heads on display as if a car approaches the blind spot on either side of the car icon in the HUD displays a yellow icon.

I thought I read somewhere that the new 12.5 update takes away the blind spot monitoring in the HUD and just leaves it in the side mirrors which is not nearly as desirable as having it display in the HUD. So if anyone can confirm the blind spot still displays in the HUD after the 12.5 update I would appreciate it. Thanks
I have it in the HUD and Mirrors on my 2018 G80 with 12.5

I don't think 12.5 effects the HUD programming, I believe it is strictly the infotainment system.

danygenesis

Registered Member
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I know this is a G80 forum and my car is a G70. I already post this on the appropriate forum but I've been dealing with mapnsoft for more than 5 years (owned two previous Genesis) and the G70 members are not experienced in this matter. I hope I could get an answer here.
"Finally today I was able to add my VIN to my mapnsoft account. According to the website the last version is NA.11.47.44.462 (Version 12.5) and is ready to be downloaded/ordered to my car but checking the installed version in my car (produced May/15/18) I saw that I have version NAM.11.47.44.465. According to the numbers it seems to me that my car has a "newer" version that the one at mapnsoft. Could be that possible?"

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I know this is a G80 forum and my car is a G70. I already post this on the appropriate forum but I've been dealing with mapnsoft for more than 5 years (owned two previous Genesis) and the G70 members are not experienced in this matter. I hope I could get an answer here.
"Finally today I was able to add my VIN to my mapnsoft account. According to the website the last version is NA.11.47.44.462 (Version 12.5) and is ready to be downloaded/ordered to my car but checking the installed version in my car (produced May/15/18) I saw that I have version NAM.11.47.44.465. According to the numbers it seems to me that my car has a "newer" version that the one at mapnsoft. Could be that possible?"
Yes it is possible. See this a lot with FCA and Toyota where depending on build date a new car has a newer version than what is available for update, the update usually follows 3-4 months later.

It has been reported that another release is coming next month so IMO it’s probably wise to wait.

Last edited:

danygenesis

Registered Member
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yes it is possible. See this a lot with FCA and Toyota where depending on build date a new car has a newer version that is available for update, the update usually follows 3-4 months later.

It has been reported that another release is coming next month so IMO it’s probably wise to wait.
Thanks, that's what I thought. Let's wait for new release.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.