12.5 Map Update

Hueydriver

Registered Member
Miramar, Florida
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I am still waiting to update to the 12.5!!

How did you get it? When was your car built? I have called three times for the the update and they keep telling me about a program error and can’t send them out!

ManiacMutt

Hasn't posted much yet...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I am still waiting to update to the 12.5!!

How did you get it? When was your car built? I have called three times for the the update and they keep telling me about a program error and can’t send them out!
As I previously stated in message #108; I have 2017 G80 w/ 8 inch screen, no issues & both 12 & 12.5 updates paid for by Genesis. The post includes a photo indicating I was mailed the 12.5 on 6/22/2018.

Last edited:

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Check messages permissions in the settings on your phone. I suspect you need to give Genesis permission to access your text messages so it can display it on your main screen.

rbwillnj

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Check messages permissions in the settings on your phone. I suspect you need to give Genesis permission to access your text messages so it can display it on your main screen.

I have been looking for such a setting, but haven’t found it yet

bubbaG80Sport

Hasn't posted much yet...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Tennessee
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I have been looking for such a setting, but haven’t found it yet
You'll have to configure you phone to allow your Genny to access your text messages.

Subsequent to the Navigation 12.5 update, I was NOT getting text message notifications on my Genny's screen. Once I configured my iphone per below, I started getting the text notifications.

For an iphone, Android should be similar, the setting is under
\Settings\Bluetooth\Genesis G80\Show Notifications (Enabled).

My configuration is
2018 G80 Sport 2 with Navigation update 12.5.
Iphone 7 model A1660 with IOS 12.1

I don't recall having this feature prior to the Navigation 12.5 update. This is useful as you can listen to/play back text messages via Bluetooth/wireless without having to use CarPlay and the PITA USB cord. Unlike CarPlay you cannot READ a text message while the car is in gear (good thing IMO).

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
so I toggled that option to the "on" position on the phone, and no change.

went out to the car, unlocked my phone, opened the car, locked my phone, placed phone into dock (that connects it to the car USB), started car.

less than one minute since it was locked, same error "unlock phone to use this accessory"

overall it is not a big deal, just a minor inconvenience, as the phone is an iPhone 8plus with fingerprint, it takes 1 second to unlock.

so FWIW, my iPhone 8 plus updated to 12.1.2 this past weekend and the issue has been resolved. So something was incompatible between 12.1.1 and Genesis 12.5 update. Apple resolved the issue with their update.

Shrug. whatever. it all works now.

rbwillnj

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
For an iphone, Android should be similar, the setting is under
\Settings\Bluetooth\Genesis G80\Show Notifications (Enabled).

That setting fixed it, thanks. Now the screen says Message Access Successful.
I had already updated my iPhone to 12.1.2 so I can't say if it would have worked with 12.1

Hueydriver

Registered Member
Miramar, Florida
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Got this reply today from Genesis customer service regarding the map update! Check out the last three lines!

Hi Andrew,<br /> <br /> I am sincerely sorry for the late response. There was a hiccup in the website implementation process and tech support only recently found out that the help desk was going unmanned.<br /> <br /> Since this is the technical support help desk for update installation, please contact Genesis Customer Support at 1 (844) 340-9741 or your Genesis dealer if you need assistance placing a new order.<br /> <br /> Otherwise, the update for your vehicle has temporarily been removed for Quality Assurance testing and will be available for download in the coming weeks.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.