First Generation 2014 R-spec 5.0 BTR TCU and ECU dyno results

MG8

Hasn't posted much yet...
i just received my ecu back and it now jerks at a higher speed (75 to 80) mph instead of 60 mph so i dont know what to do now they told be thats the best they can do and they are willing to refund my money back.

MR.KMAN33

DALLAS,TX
How long Will they give you to send it back? I love the power and it doesn't do it all the time. But I don't know what I would do, that's a lot of money to be unhappy. I'm dealing with it because I only get it if I hold the gas pedal at a certain angle at 60 mph . I just change gears or speed up. I calk it up as the nature of the beast. They told me my ECM will learn my driving habits. Please let me know what you decide to do or what they do for you. God bless you.

MG8

How long Will they give you to send it back? I love the power and it doesn't do it all the time. But I don't know what I would do, that's a lot of money to be unhappy. I'm dealing with it because I only get it if I hold the gas pedal at a certain angle at 60 mph . I just change gears or speed up. I calk it up as the nature of the beast. They told me my ECM will learn my driving habits. Please let me know what you decide to do or what they do for you. God bless you.
ecu is currently back at btr, 60mph is easier to deal with than the second tune they sent me this time around felt like it did it much more frequently so I told them to just put it back to the first map set up they sent me , and I too will just deal with the 60mph jerk , like you i love the extra feel of power but unfortunately looks like it's the best we can get.

MG8

update : got back my tune , and I am truly disappointed with btr as it feels like they just held on to my ecu for a month then sent it back to me. im still getting the jerk at 70-80 mph feels no different than what i sent last month. i will be contacting Luke today.

MG8

@MR.KMAN33 - Are you still having the jerk issue or did it smooth out once the ecm adjusted to your driving?
First one they sent me jerk was happening at 60mph this second one is more frequently at 70 -80 , I sent it back told them to program it back to the first tune ,but feels like they did nothing still getting the same jerk at 70 -80.

MR.KMAN33

DALLAS,TX
So I've been having my tune for 5 months, I've notice the jerk when it's hot outside, not on cool days, I screwed up and bought the chip my car chip, spent $260 didn't really notice any more power, but if I take the chip out, the car does the extended start so I just left it in. I also installed a custom x pipes and 3 inch test pipes no mufflers, the car is ridiculously loud now, I love it. To me in manual shift is the way to drive the car now, zero to 60 is faster and quicker . Reving to 7k is awesome and if you are doing 80 mph and floor it, it drops to 3rd gear ."Wow" Tell me which mode do you like better and do you notice the difference between the two. God bless you.

MG8

So I've been having my tune for 5 months, I've notice the jerk when it's hot outside, not on cool days, I screwed up and bought the chip my car chip, spent $260 didn't really notice any more power, but if I take the chip out, the car does the extended start so I just left it in. I also installed a custom x pipes and 3 inch test pipes no mufflers, the car is ridiculously loud now, I love it. To me in manual shift is the way to drive the car now, zero to 60 is faster and quicker . Reving to 7k is awesome and if you are doing 80 mph and floor it, it drops to 3rd gear ."Wow" Tell me which mode do you like better and do you notice the difference between the two. God bless you.
Nice happy for you . What's the temps like in your area? I'm in Vegas so I'm hoping I get the same results when it starts to cool down. But I agree with you about putting car in manual mode for best results. What chip did you get? Does the tcs kick on hard when you have it off?

Smoekim

Registered Member
San Francisco, CA
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Thanks for the info guys. I've been contemplating the tune for a while but wasn't sure if it was worth the money.

What did you guys select for the exhaust and intake options? I currently have test pipes and no mufflers but the x pipe hasn't been done yet.

MG8

Thanks for the info guys. I've been contemplating the tune for a while but wasn't sure if it was worth the money.

What did you guys select for the exhaust and intake options? I currently have test pipes and no mufflers but the x pipe hasn't been done yet.
I have magnaflow, xpipe , and abel racing intake.

MR.KMAN33

DALLAS,TX
My tire set up is 305/30/20 on a 20 x 10.5 wheel they do scrape at times. I didn't like the profile of the 285's probably because it was a 35 series tire instead of a 30. I don't think my car is under powdered, but I've never had traction issues, I just floor it and it goes. Even in manual mode I only been beaten off the line by a Audi s4 by a car, before realing him in ,dead even with a Telsa shock us both. This is on the street not a track. Stop light war. I purchased the 60 hp chip that only gives you 40 hp , red flag but I was desperate for any power increase, I couldn't tell any hp difference maybe a little mpg difference. So when my wife drove the car and didn't say anything I called chip your car and told them, I don't think it works ,they told me another way over the phone to get it to work. I convinced myself that I had more power, because my butt dyno never lies ,( yeah right ) So my trans tune was bad from the start wouldn't go to 7k rpm sent it back,installed the new TCU drove it a week, was looking on line about if chips really worked found out that mine was a scam. So I took it out and tried to start the car, got the extended crank like the car wasn't getting fuel. Put it back because I've never had that issue ,so I'm keeping the chip in.

MR.KMAN33

DALLAS,TX
I'm running the stock air box with the k&n filter with door flap opened. I can't get any real information that intakes give you more power, and I have enough noise coming from the exhaust. Give me a turbo or a supercharger for noise under the hood. God bless you.

MG8

My tire set up is 305/30/20 on a 20 x 10.5 wheel they do scrape at times. I didn't like the profile of the 285's probably because it was a 35 series tire instead of a 30. I don't think my car is under powdered, but I've never had traction issues, I just floor it and it goes. Even in manual mode I only been beaten off the line by a Audi s4 by a car, before realing him in ,dead even with a Telsa shock us both. This is on the street not a track. Stop light war. I purchased the 60 hp chip that only gives you 40 hp , red flag but I was desperate for any power increase, I couldn't tell any hp difference maybe a little mpg difference. So when my wife drove the car and didn't say anything I called chip your car and told them, I don't think it works ,they told me another way over the phone to get it to work. I convinced myself that I had more power, because my butt dyno never lies ,( yeah right ) So my trans tune was bad from the start wouldn't go to 7k rpm sent it back,installed the new TCU drove it a week, was looking on line about if chips really worked found out that mine was a scam. So I took it out and tried to start the car, got the extended crank like the car wasn't getting fuel. Put it back because I've never had that issue ,so I'm keeping the chip in.
Did you try pulling it out then reset the ecu?

MG8

I'm running the stock air box with the k&n filter with door flap opened. I can't get any real information that intakes give you more power, and I have enough noise coming from the exhaust. Give me a turbo or a supercharger for noise under the hood. God bless you.
Got any pics of your car?

MG8

Watch "Genesis 5.0 R spec 2012 dyno Abel racing CAI" on YouTube