First Generation 2014 R-spec 5.0 BTR TCU and ECU dyno results

MR.KMAN33

Hasn't posted much yet...
DALLAS,TX
Thanks for the info you have the intake I haven't been able to find one. Plus did you know that the car will run with the intake off? By no means am I suggesting that, but I'm trying understand the $280 plus price tag. I apologize if I sound ungrateful I do appreciate you, Maybe I'm just being cheap. Lol God blessed you.

Smoekim

San Francisco, CA
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
I'm running the stock air box with the k&n filter with door flap opened. I can't get any real information that intakes give you more power, and I have enough noise coming from the exhaust. Give me a turbo or a supercharger for noise under the hood. God bless you.
I did the same thing. I'm going to replace the stock intake tubing with aluminum and bore out the throttle body. I've read that the cai's don't do much for our cars because the engine bay gets too hot.

MG8

Thanks for the info you have the intake I haven't been able to find one. Plus did you know that the car will run with the intake off? By no means am I suggesting that, but I'm trying understand the $280 plus price tag. I apologize if I sound ungrateful I do appreciate you, Maybe I'm just being cheap. Lol God blessed you.
Np , yeah the abel racing was discontinued due to no demand. I like what you did to brakes looks great thanks for pics

MR.KMAN33

DALLAS,TX
Thank you, would you be so kind, if you can answer this question, I notice when I installed my new ECM from BTR racing the eco light was on, have you notice that the car feels like it's more responsive with it on than off? I just leave it on , I know it goes off, on full throttle. I'm just curious, please give me your imput.

MG8

Thank you, would you be so kind, if you can answer this question, I notice when I installed my new ECM from BTR racing the eco light was on, have you notice that the car feels like it's more responsive with it on than off? I just leave it on , I know it goes off, on full throttle. I'm just curious, please give me your imput.
Car is more responsive when eco off and you will feel better acceleration from the dig.

MR.KMAN33

DALLAS,TX
Really? I'm still doing my comparison on the difference, I wonder if the tune makes it act different ? The Eco button feels quicker to me ,but I've only been driving with it off less than a week, I always run shell vpower gas,but got lazy and put QT gas in it didn't fill it just enough to get to a shell station. Almost empty I'll do more testing. Thank you for the info . God bless you.

MR.KMAN33

DALLAS,TX
I need anyone honest opinion, last night I was driving to pick up my 2yr son ,on the way I was passed by what looked like a 2018 or 2019 mustang GT 5.0 , so I gave chase, pull up next to him ,he slowly pulled away the pulled in front of me at 140 I start to gain on him , I unfortunately had the sunroof open and the buffeting was deafening at 160 I got off the gas because it sounded like the roof was going to come off, I lost by a car and a half. Should I be proud or disappointed that I lost ? I understand stupid at those speeds, won't try to defend that. But the guy in the mustang is got to be saying I need more power right? Please let me know your thoughts and God bless you. Mods stock air box k&n air filter flap open ,BTR tune, custom x pipe ,3 inch test pipes no mufflers 305/30/20 rear on a 10.5 rim 255/35/20 fronts 9.5 rim, michillen p4s tires. Rock solid I even changed lane to try to pass him.

MG8

I need anyone honest opinion, last night I was driving to pick up my 2yr son ,on the way I was passed by what looked like a 2018 or 2019 mustang GT 5.0 , so I gave chase, pull up next to him ,he slowly pulled away the pulled in front of me at 140 I start to gain on him , I unfortunately had the sunroof open and the buffeting was deafening at 160 I got off the gas because it sounded like the roof was going to come off, I lost by a car and a half. Should I be proud or disappointed that I lost ? I understand stupid at those speeds, won't try to defend that. But the guy in the mustang is got to be saying I need more power right? Please let me know your thoughts and God bless you. Mods stock air box k&n air filter flap open ,BTR tune, custom x pipe ,3 inch test pipes no mufflers 305/30/20 rear on a 10.5 rim 255/35/20 fronts 9.5 rim, michillen p4s tires. Rock solid I even changed lane to try to pass him.
with those mods on your genesis I'm sure from the dig or a 40mph ish roll would be a advantage to you. I took down couple gt's but none of those races where past 120mph I normally shut down around those speeds. I wouldn't be disappointed with mustang being a sports/muscle car vs family 4 door luxury sedan. if anything if I was the mustang owner id be asking myself what just happened.

Last edited:

Paul

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Jacksonville, Fl.
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
The Mustang GT's are good for around 460hp vs our 420ish and are a bit lighter than the 1G Genesis. Couple that with the better trans and rear end ratios of the Mustang. The 18's with an auto have a 10 speed gear box as opposed to our 8 and are much more responsive up top, whereas the Genesis is a slush box shifting past 6th. You should be happy that you hung with him as well as you did. I've raced a few manual GT's from a dig and from a roll and I've either stuck dead even or got pulled on slightly at higher speeds. (haven't had the opportunity to go up against an auto.)

MG8

The Mustang GT's are good for around 460hp vs our 420ish and are a bit lighter than the 1G Genesis. Couple that with the better trans and rear end ratios of the Mustang. The 18's with an auto have a 10 speed gear box as opposed to our 8 and are much more responsive up top, whereas the Genesis is a slush box shifting past 6th. You should be happy that you hung with him as well as you did. I've raced a few manual GT's from a dig and from a roll and I've either stuck dead even or got pulled on slightly at higher speeds. (haven't had the opportunity to go up against an auto.)
i agree. when i was stock id be dead even with them. but with tune different story. also consider was the mustang he raced modded.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.