2019 G70 Headlight Low Visibility- Any Way to Fix It?

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Todd, your post adjustment beam looks pretty high up to me as compared to mine.
Did you do some test drive at night time yet?
The pics taken looks like day time to me.
And I see that you also get the CAI installed. What is it if you don't mind tellingus a bit about it.

Took the pic during the evening just after the sun had set. Tested it out once it was totally dark, and things look great all without any light getting into oncoming cars or when behind other cars. In fact, it could probably even be aimed a tiny bit higher, but I figure this is good enough. It probably looks higher because the parking spot has a slight incline, and I'm significantly further than 3ft from the fence.

My intake is the AEM intake, but I made some changes such as adding gold heat reflective tape, and putting on larger filters.

Can be seen here...
3.3T - AEM intake install + more

videopho

Huey Gunner
DFW TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
want more horse power.
Man, that 3.94s of yours is mouth watering..(y)

Last edited:

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

mrcleeaan

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Decisions....ugh.. so close to pulling the trigger on a jb4.

rweld

Registered Member
I had the same issue and was able to make adjustments and haven't had any issues of it adjusting back. The leveler is located on the rear suspension, the dealership doesn't know what they are talking about. Here is a screenshot from a video I recorded on a night drive after I made adjustments.

View attachment 28554

I'll try to provide more details in the morning but I pretty much read and followed what they did in the following link.

How To Adjust Headlight Beam Height

Just to confirm, the lever for this in located on the rear suspension? That seems..odd.

rweld

Registered Member
Alright, adjusted mine. Process was pretty dang easy once I figured out how to actually reach the adjustment bolts.

At first I kept trying to find a screwdriver that was both long enough, but also not too thick to be able to fit down the adjustment guide. After finally finding a phillips thin enough, I found that it was actually too thin to be able to grab onto the adjustment teeth. Lol. So, I decided to just get at the bolts with an open ended wrench instead.

Here are the adjustment screw holes/guides...
View attachment 28721

Here is the Up/Down adjustment bolt....
View attachment 28720

You can get to the bolt through the access panel located in the wheel well. Just pop off the plastic rivet, and pull out the panel...

View attachment 28722
View attachment 28723

13mm wrench seemed to fit for me.
View attachment 28725
View attachment 28726

Loosen (turn counter clockwise) the bolt to raise each headlight beam, tighten (turn clockwise) the bolt to lower the headlight beam. I had to use the open ended side to turn the bolt, and had to flip it back and forth to loosen as there isn't much room to turn it.

Parked up close to a fence as best I could (and no, the parking spot is not perfectly level, but it doesn't really matter that much), then taped the hot spots in the beam...

View attachment 28727
View attachment 28728

Adjusted to just a little bit higher...
View attachment 28729
View attachment 28730

Tested it out and pointed my car's lights at a parked car (Mustang) a ways down the road (a level road), and the lights didn't get up into the windshield at all.

In the end, adjustment was pretty dang easy. Strongly recommend doing this if your headlights are dangerously low like mine, and a few others on this site.
Thanks! I will definitely give this a go.

joschneider

G70 Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
@Toddasaurus about how many inches do you think you moved your headlights up?

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
have you done enough night driving to decide if that is good enough?

Not quite yet. The initial tests I did seem pretty good, I felt like I could have even raised it a little more. But, I certainly have to drive more than a couple minutes to be sure.

I'll be doing my swing shifts on Wednesday and Thursday, so I'll get a better feel for the lights while driving home then.

videopho

Huey Gunner
DFW TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I drove through some very dark and somewhat twisted rural road this past Sat night and it was a good test for what I did (see post #14).
It'd be perfect it the light would extend for another 20 ft or so. Otherwise the light quality and the beam angle seemed excellent and more importantly I now feel much more comfortable with how fast I can drive vs how far out I can see ahead. BTW I did not get flashed at all.

Last edited:

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Well, after doing some driving at night with my adjustments I feel that I put the beams just a *tiny* bit too high. I adjusted down just a tad, and now they're sitting just about perfect, as they're not shining in any other cars' cabins, but they're also giving me more distance ahead than before. Ultimately instead of adjusting them about 1" higher, I actually ended up with them being about 1/2" higher. Nice.

videopho

Huey Gunner
DFW TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Todd..
I am just a bit curious what your delta is between the new high and the stocked?
Mine is 10" (using the garage door to calibrate) although I could bring it another inc taller but I will see how the new height goes for a month or two.

Last edited:

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Todd..
I am just a bit curious what your delta is between the new high and the stocked?
Mine is 10" (using the garage door to calibrate) although I could bring it another inc taller but I will see how the new height goes for a month or two.

That's a good question... Unfortunately, since I don't have my own garage anymore I don't really have a way to keep a permanent before/after metric. I just used tape up against a fence at my apartment complex when I adjusted, but removed the tape afterwords.

Definitely would have been best if I had a better way to measure the height at a distance, and then compare before and after.

aweetod

Registered Member
Delaware
I adjusted lights up and down yesterday and noticed one of the lights pointing more towards the sides. I used the wrench method Todd figured out. Anyone figure out how to adjust lights left or right without screwdriver? and I was reading the stinger forum link and they mentioned they tried screwdriver with left to right without any success is there anyone that can verify this? thanks

Mykmar10

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I just purchased a 2020 Siberian Ice, sport 3.3T. My headlights were pointing into the trees. The fisrst two days of ownership I was getting flased all the time. I took it back to the stealership and they told me it would take a couple of days to fix because they had to rermove the bumper to get to the headlight units. That didn't make any sence to me. I wasn't ready to give up my car to them, so I looked around the engine bay and found the headlight adjustment holes ( one for up & down and one for left t& right ). I purchased a 24in, #2, phillip head screwdriver. I pulled up to my solid gate using tape to mark the current beam level and made the adjustments. It took all of mabey 7min. for both. Whether high or low its an easy fix. Sometimes the dealer dosen't always know what they are talking about.

viciousCircle

Hasn't posted much yet...
I had the same issue and was able to make adjustments and haven't had any issues of it adjusting back. The leveler is located on the rear suspension, the dealership doesn't know what they are talking about. Here is a screenshot from a video I recorded on a night drive after I made adjustments.

View attachment 28554

I'll try to provide more details in the morning but I pretty much read and followed what they did in the following link.

How To Adjust Headlight Beam Height
I am sort of flabbergasted by the dealer response. What?! This is such a basic procedure, and they claim it can't be done? Shame on them. If you were to call Genesis corporate and tell them what they told you, they would likely have a heart attack, and that dealer would be receiving a call shortly.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners